Happy New Year 2012 to all Xabashis

Harar before it fell in the hands of oromo was the capital of adal sultanate. The name harar is Somali name means the city of walls
Uhm Harari history and culture barely has anything to do with Somalis. They even have their own language from Ge'ez. The only influence we had on them is that we fought with Ahmed Gurey and were a large part of his armies. Hararis are just habesha Muslims that kept to themselves, only a few mixed with surrounding people such as Oromos, Somalis, Arabs etc.
Don't know about the origin of the name tho...

cadcads are confused about Ethiopian New Year :)
Interesting to see that Ethiopian food is very well known by almost everybody.

Last edited:
Had a crush on a few xabesh but most weren't even Muslim. There's a Jeberti Muslim (Eritrean Tigrayan) gal at my uni whom I chat with sometimes. She's cute. But hopefully I'll marry a Somali, that's my intention. Inshallah.

Sxb having a Xabasha on the side is part of our culture.

In the past Somalis had many concubines originating from Abyssinia, do not be afraid of preserving our culture.

A lot of Somalis in here have an inferiority complex when it comes to Ethiopians. The amount of ass kissing going on here is ridiculous. Your ancestors must be proud.:icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol:

A lot of Somalis in here have an inferiority complex when it comes to Ethiopians. The amount of ass kissing going on here is ridiculous. Your ancestors must be proud.:icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol:
You're asking us to hate a people that have done nothing to us. Hatred can't come unnaturally.

As a couple of people already said, the average Ethio u meet is very welcoming and nice. They don't care about our politics, at least not as much as we care about theirs. They think towards a better future and are more open. I never felt inferior to an Ethio but there's a lot we can learn from them.

Trending