Haile Selassie on Somalis in 1958 and his opinions regarding French Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: The future of the Somali peoples living in the territories bordering on Ethiopia under the rule of the three powers has been the object of speculation in some foreign newspapers lately. While some appear to have grasped the problems that have to be dealt with in the future, they often make it appear as if the only solution lies in the permanent division of these territories which is undoubtedly detrimental to all concerned in this region. What is the view of Your Majesty in this all-important matter?

Answer: In the years following the Second World War several attempts have been made by politically interested parties to create situations that would arouse our anxieties concerning the Somalis living in the territories bordering on Ethiopia. What we see from time to time appearing in some foreign newspapers is motivated by the same policy of preserving self-interest by creating dissention and disharmony in this area which cannot be said to be in the interest of the peoples of the region. Our attitude to the Somalis who belong to the same race as the Ethiopian people and share with them a common history, has always been crystal clear, namely, that of supporting everything conducive to their well-being and progress. It was in keeping with this policy that we recently invited the leaders of United Nations Trust Somalia and had talks with them here. Our strong appeal to our Somali brothers is to be aware of those who, in the furtherance of their self-interest, seek to plunge this area into chaos, thereby disturbing the peace that has reigned in this part of the world for a long time. Much harm can be avoided by understanding in time the real intentions of these self-seekers.

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/adamr/interview_with_HIM april 5,1958.htm

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Horta what was this guy's deal?
Can someone redpill me on this nigga because I am not very well educated on the things Haile Selassie did.
All I know is I don't like his face and he was an opponent of the Somalis :farole:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Horta what was this guy's deal?
Can someone redpill me on this nigga because I am not very well educated on the things Haile Selassie did.
All I know is I don't like his face and he was an opponent of the Somalis :farole:

He literally said Somalis shouldn't have countries of their own. they are Ethiopian people who have the same history as us. They belong to Ethiopia

The kafir wanted to Xabashize the entire horn and spread Amxaar supremacy. He didn't even hide his intentions.

Infact many Xabashi to this day still believe that Eritrea Sudan Somalia and Djibouti belong to a greater Ethiopia. They haven't shed their imperialist uncle's views a bit and even their freaking Prime minister a few weeks ago was saying that he would like to see a super state created in the region that includes Somalia and all of Sudan ruled by Ethiopia.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
This is the same guy that launched an unprovoked attack on us 4 years after independence.

:pacspit: on your grave

Kezira

disneylanders
Haile Selassie blessed Ras Teferi Makonnen was ahead of his time. Did the region not plunge into chaos?

:ohhh:

black

live and let die.
He literally said Somalis shouldn't have countries of their own. they are Ethiopian people who have the same history as us. They belong to Ethiopia

The kafir wanted to Xabashize the entire horn and spread Amxaar supremacy. He didn't even hide his intentions.

Infact many Xabashi to this day still believe that Eritrea Sudan Somalia and Djibouti belong to a greater Ethiopia. They haven't shed their imperialist uncle's views a bit and even their freaking Prime minister a few weeks ago was saying that he would like to see a super state created in the region that includes Somalia and all of Sudan ruled by Ethiopia.

No shade, but I can understand Eritrea... part of Sudan, but Djibouti and Somalia??? What kind of Ethiopian honestly believes that? :ayaanswag:

No shade, but I can understand Eritrea... part of Sudan, but Djibouti and Somalia??? What kind of Ethiopian honestly believes that? :ayaanswag:

Eritrea was stolen from Ethiopia, as was Djibouti. We don't want any other lands.... if Europeans never colonized Africa, Ethiopia would be the largest country in Africa.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Eritrea was stolen from Ethiopia, as was Djibouti. We don't want any other lands.... if Europeans never colonized Africa, Ethiopia would be the largest country in Africa.
If you're a troll, you're a pretty shit one.
You can't even speak your own language. You're a Somali troll.

f*ck off wanker, Djibouti was NEVER a part of Ethiopia. Djibouti was part of the Adal sultanate which was opposed to xabashis. So piss off with your nonsense :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.