Habesha have been more nice to me than Somalis

Why the f*ck do I care about written accounts and other crap when we have genetic studies? All ethnic Somalis have 0 % Arab ancestry.

There is no genetic genetic between South Somalis and northern Somalis, they cluster the same.

Habeshas all have 20+ % Yemeni admixture.
Genitics and science doesn't support:

"Somalis have 0% admixture"
or
"xabashis have 20% Yemeni DNA"

But it's cool. Ciao.

They adopted Judaism from God knows how long and that's why their language is cushitic-semitic. That very small group that brought back their Yemeni war booty is very small and insignificant compared to the rest. It's a myth. Let's not confuse culture with genetics sbx. There's def south Yemenis with Ethio ancestry. We don't have all the answers and people are misinterpreting DNA studies; saying that Ethios have semitic ancestry just shows the self hate some of us have.
They speak Semitic languages and not "Cushitic-Semitic." There are no disputes on this by the linguistic community.

Semitic speaking Ethiopians have South Semitic ancestry, and actual scientists universally accept that. I don't know how you managed to turn it into a Somali self-hate thing to state the what is factual. The Kingdom of Axum ruled parts of Yemen. Use your head.

Stop taking this personally.

They speak Semitic languages and not "Cushitic-Semitic." There are no disputes on this by the linguistic community.

Semitic speaking Ethiopians have South Semitic ancestry, and actual scientists universally accept that. I don't know how you managed to turn it into a Somali self-hate thing to state the what is factual. The Kingdom of Axum ruled parts of Yemen. Use your head.

Stop taking this personally.
K. there's no point on continuing on this so i'll just bury it here. South Semitic ancestry is very small in Ethiopians and insignificant compared to the whole population. I'm just impressed by how so many of us deny admixture with Yemenis, greater than the xabesha's, and claim that our neighbours are semites despite being a far older cushitic nation. To me it looks like insecurity due to xabeshas looking more 'caucasoid' but take it as u want. I admit that many of us have Yemeni mixture but it doesn't belittle my Somali sense of self sbx. There's literally light skin timo jileec Somalis with brown hair and we call no foreign admixture. Look at old photos of geeljires and see how SSA they look.

Also saying that Ethios colonisef Yemen doesn't mean anything. Italians are pretty much the same as 'Italians' back in the Roman empire smh.

btw you're correct highlander languages are Semitic. Any previous Cushitic origin isn't present anymore.

Last edited:
Why do yall keep claiming xabash to have semitic bloodline lol aren't we the ones that claim a Qurayshi ancestor wth. xabashis are just as cushitic and they didn't mix with Yemenis like we did.

Just bcus they have more European like faces and light skin smh
Habeshas do have minor South Arabian/Semitic admixture, there's no disputing this.

Overall, it would be incorrect to racially classify them as Semites, since they look nothing like the real Semites in the Middle-East:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

K. there's no point on continuing on this so i'll just bury it here. South Semitic ancestry is very small in Ethiopians and insignificant compared to the whole population. I'm just impressed by how so many of us deny admixture with Yemenis, greater than the xabesha's, and claim that our neighbours are semites despite being a far older cushitic nation. To me it looks like insecurity due to xabeshas looking more 'caucasoid' but take it as u want. I admit that many of us have Yemeni mixture but it doesn't belittle my Somali sense of self sbx. There's literally light skin timo jileec Somalis with brown hair and we call no foreign admixture. Look at old photos of geeljires and see how SSA they look.

Also saying that Ethios colonisef Yemen doesn't mean anything. Italians are pretty much the same as 'Italians' back in the Roman empire smh.

btw you're correct highlander languages are Semitic. Any previous Cushitic origin isn't present anymore.
smh. You are too emotional on this, and it clouds your ability to reason. It's pathetic, man.

Let's end it here.

smh. You are too emotional on this, and it clouds your ability to reason. It's pathetic, man.

Let's end it here.
Too many people on here are too defensive. I'm being logical and staying facts and I never denied xabeshas not having any Yemeni DNA, only that Somalis have mixed more and is more recent, but you're not ready for that comvo. Not such thing as "20% Semitic". Ciao.

Too many people on here are too defensive. I'm being logical and staying facts and I never denied xabeshas not having any Yemeni DNA, only that Somalis have mixed more and is more recent, but you're not ready for that comvo. Not such thing as "20% Semitic". Ciao.

Ina adheerayalow, why would a Somali be arguing for Habeshas being unmixed Cushitic and Somalis being impure ones? This goes against every bias of a Somali and against all logic and fact established concretely

Why would you do that? What would drive you to do that so adamantly?

It is rare for Somalis to have any Semitic ancestry. But the xabash are 1/4th Semitic. Look at their ydna and mtdna

Semito-Cushitic? What is that? Sounds like alot like the pidgin you folks speak in Eritrea

Ina adheerayalow, why would a Somali be arguing for Habeshas being unmixed Cushitic and Somalis being impure ones? This goes against every bias of a Somali and against all logic and fact established concretely

Why would you do that? What would drive you to do that so adamantly?

It is rare for Somalis to have any Semitic ancestry. But the xabash are 1/4th Semitic. Look at their ydna and mtdna

Semito-Cushitic? What is that? Sounds like alot like the pidgin you folks speak in Eritrea
Read a book. I don't stand for this "we wuz never mixed wiv dem ayrabs we pure kush kush" or "dem xabash iz mix cus dey be lukin kaukasian". But u do u. We got southeners looking more kenyan than the Kenyans themselves and coastal people that look like Iranians but it's ok cus we iz da original kush kush right? lmao gtfoh. At least Eris don't have these identity issues I envy them.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Read a book. I don't stand for this "we wuz never mixed wiv dem ayrabs we pure kush kush" or "dem xabash iz mix cus dey be lukin kaukasian". But u do u. We got southeners looking more kenyan than the Kenyans themselves and coastal people that look like Iranians but it's ok cus we iz da original kush kush right? lmao gtfoh. At least Eris don't have these identity issues I envy them.
walle I get where you are coming from wallahi bilahi. You have a point sxb. you go against the status quo walle I have gained much respect for you kkkkkkkkkkk

World

VIP
So you think Somalis are mixed Cushites but Habeshas are pure Cushites.

So you think Somalis are mixed Cushites but Habeshas are pure Cushites.
Euf euf. I never said this. We both mixed to some extent. Xabesh Eurasian mixture happened 1000s of years ago whereas ours is more recent. Xabeshas have a bit more. That's it. Simple. People are fetishizing this Yemeni mix just cause they colonised Yemen but it's just wrong.
At the end of the day some of us are more Cushitic than others, no prob with that.

Eritreans in Europe are extremely fobbish. It's hard to relate to them.

Although a small minority of them (about 25%) are somewhat integrated/Westernized.
Do you know which Horn African nationality is the most economically successful in the West & the Anglo-sphere?

Euf euf. I never said this. We both mixed to some extent. Xabesh Eurasian mixture happened 1000s of years ago whereas ours is more recent. Xabeshas have a bit more. That's it. Simple. People are fetishizing this Yemeni mix just cause they colonised Yemen but it's just wrong.
At the end of the day some of us are more Cushitic than others, no prob with that.
You’re wrong. Ethnic Somalis don’t have any recent admixture from Arab’s. At all. Habeshis do. Bringing up Bantus in Somalia and Benadiris says nothing about actual ethnic Somalis.

You’re trying to deny well established facts.

Apollo

VIP
Do you know which Horn African nationality is the most economically successful in the West & the Anglo-sphere?

Probably Ethiopian economic emigrants in the US (mainly Amhara and some Oromo), then followed by Somalis whose family emigrated in the 80s / early 90s perhaps, then the rest.

Trending

Latest posts