Habesha have been more nice to me than Somalis

Apollo

VIP
I'm aware the USA took in the best from those countries.

Not the case with Somalis.

That second migration wave from Al-Shabaab (2006-2018) really fucked up the socioeconomic stats of Somalis in the West, imo.

The earlier wave fleeing Barre's collapse were more skilled.

Apollo

VIP
Filipinos like other Asians have very good work-ethic & are very good with business.

They're a respectable community.

Lol, why do Gulf Arabs prefer them over Africans?

They import most of their guest workers from South Asia (India) and Southeast Asia (Filipinos) and avoid getting workers from nearby and poorer Africa. :dead:

World

VIP
You have to take into account how these people get to the US, what migration path.

Groups that get in via refugee programs, especially country-wide refugee acceptance policies, always have the lowest numbers.
I don’t know about that anymore.

The Vietnamese in America are refugees, yet they earn higher than the average US household.

I think it’s cultural.

World

VIP
Lol, why do Gulf Arabs prefer them over Africans?

They import most of their guest workers from South Asia (India) and Southeast Asia (Filipinos) and avoid getting workers from nearby and poorer Africa. :dead:
Better question is why they don’t import from Yemen?

Apollo

VIP
Better question is why they don’t import from Yemen?

It's a bit easier to explain: they avoid getting them from Arabic countries out of fear of terrorist infiltration (seriously, this is also why they avoid Syrian refugees). Arab working class migrants are more likely to foment social revolutions and stuff in Gulf countries.

But the Africa vs South Asia/Southeast Asia thing is a bit harder to explain.

It's a bit easier to explain: they avoid getting them from Arabic countries out of fear of terrorist infiltration (seriously, this is also why they avoid Syrian refugees).

Probably because they think Asians are more skilled than Black Africans?

It's a bit easier to explain: they avoid getting them from Arabic countries out of fear of terrorist infiltration (seriously, this is also why they avoid Syrian refugees). Arab working class migrants are more likely to foment social revolutions and stuff in Gulf countries.

Hmm. I overlooked that possibility. Makes sense I guess.

Apollo

VIP
:lol:

Only the Gulf countries + Singapore are gaining in IQ from immigration:

world-map-iq-drop-due-to-immigration.png

Apollo

VIP
Fertility rate Singapore:

You need 2.1 to stop population decline.

:mindblown:

Their entire system is based on attracting talent from elsewhere in Asia.

Trending