Status
Not open for further replies.
turkey and Malaysia suck lol, I'm sorry but your only way to propensity is incorrect, education and infrastructure is very overrated inshallah we don't fall for the infrastructure trick the UAE faced as it docent actually generate wealth and is a way to lose said wealth, which is why America is the most prosperous country but spends very little in infrastructure and education, as for the oil boom you can even ask guys like Elon that it will take 25 years at the earliest(if they take a hard approach and ban oil car production) for the west to come off oil and thats not even including Africa and Asia which is where a majority of the worlds market will be, and oil is a finite resource thats running out in the world in 20 years most of the world won't have it and well be among the few who do making it even more profitable than it currently is:mjlol: especially considering we have a 9 million population once you factor out independent Somaliland and there 6 million as @Abdurahman_somali pointed out, (they shouldn't get a slice of the pie), well easily be able to allocate millions to each citizen which can actually spur more wealth through investments not "education" and "infrastructure":drakelaugh:
Both Turkey and Malaysia are developed countries with medium-high incomes. They have a diversified economy so they won't starve when oil prices drop.

All of this without oil... Along with billions of $ worth investments from international companies.
Hand-Luggage-Only-6-2.jpg

What the hell are you even saying? THE USA ALREADY HAS INFRASTRUCTURE, they built highways and other developments like crazy in the 1940s-70s, that's exactly what I'm talking about so thanks for proving my point. So you think spending $13,119 per child on education is "very little"? God you're so clueless it's embarrassing.

I noticed you're horrible at population numbers, Somalia has 15 million people brother a huge difference from Qatar during the boom with faaaaar less "potential" oil. Say inshallah you'll end up at least like Nigeria. You keep talking about oil oil oil so where is this oil? Are you gonna sit and wait for this magical oil to come and make Somalia rich while there's no roads, no decent universities, no ports, no industry, no large-scale agriculture? Please tell me you're shit-posting no way someone can be this retarded.

If Sudan wakes up wallahi billahi hope it sends shockwaves and becomes an East African superpower that tames Somalia into stability. Inshallah

35% of ethiopia population yet has 2 and half times ethiopias economy, its a powerhouse economcially, a sleeping giant

been theretwuice, very nice people, used to say ya somali, come have tea with us, their ladies would stair at me for many minutes, i did not blame them, i was a very handsome caghdeer in his 20s, dashingly like somali James bond with the extremely soft hair, suave, swagger and the suit, oh the suit i was build for a super model male model body alhamdulilah,

Tukraq

VIP
Both Turkey and Malaysia are developed countries with medium-high incomes. They have a diversified economy so they won't starve when oil prices drop.

All of this without oil... Along with billions of $ worth investments from international companies.
Hand-Luggage-Only-6-2.jpg

What the hell are you even saying? THE USA ALREADY HAS INFRASTRUCTURE, they built highways and other developments like crazy in the 1940s-70s, that's exactly what I'm talking about so thanks for proving my point. So you think spending $13,119 per child on education is "very little"? God you're so clueless it's embarrassing.

I noticed you're horrible at population numbers, Somalia has 15 million people brother a huge difference from Qatar during the boom with faaaaar less "potential" oil. Say inshallah you'll end up at least like Nigeria. You keep talking about oil oil oil so where is this oil? Are you gonna sit and wait for this magical oil to come and make Somalia rich while there's no roads, no decent universities, no ports, no industry, no large-scale agriculture? Please tell me you're shit-posting no way someone can be this retarded.
if we end up like Nigeria that would be a failure, and how in the world are third world countries like Malaysia and turkey developed:gucciwhat: I doubt there even considered developing as for there infrastructure, there houses are cheaper than those in Mogadishu infact reer Mogadishu is buying up Turkish houses when they figured out they go for as low as 40k:ooh: compared to 200k in Mogadishu :comeon: as for the population I said take out somalilands numbers as there not really governed by fgs and won't get a pice of the pie so my numbers were accurate, for infrastructure, I'm of the mindset that the government shouldn't ever build infrastructure and it should be the private citizens who own and build it up, this is where America found its economic success letting the market take care of it, the period your talking about where they were building roads was bad for the economy and caused inflation:susp: as for Qatar we have more oil, if you check the figures and as I mentioned the oil boom hasn't even came yet as oil was plentiful, in the next 15 years oil will be so scarce since its a finite resource that it will be at its most profitable point:salute: those opec nations sold to soon:lolbron: agriculture kulaha, wheres saudis agriculture its called comparitive advantage take an Econ class lol, universities:damn: are you still harping on that overrated education point?

Google this story if you like.

Did Moses Marry a Black Cushitic woman?

According to the Old Testament, the answer is yes. It was emphasised that she was a black Cushitic woman from Ethiopia called Zipporah and she was well known for her “black skin”. The biblical legend in the Old Testament states that Moses’ sister Miriam was so incensed and angry her brother marrying a Cushitic black woman, she openly criticised him and questioned his leadership. Then god gave leprosy to Miriam as a punishment. God told her in the bible (OT), ‘you like being light skinned Miriam? I will make you light skinned’. She became bedridden with leprosy.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome. Black Africans running away from other black Africans. Pray for these guys that god doesn’t give them leprosy and become like Snow White.

Tukraq

VIP
@Nilotufian
I think a military alliance with Sudan would be better than having a union with Ethiopia . These xabashis are snakes and would probably attack us
a trade alliance with Sudan wouldn't be bad, but we shouldn't have any relations with Ethiopia, let Djibouti shake them down as there only port:siilaanyolaugh: I would say we could make a profit of there large population but the problem is there very broke and won't have the funds our cooperations would be selling:mugshotman:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
a trade alliance with Sudan wouldn't be bad, but we shouldn't have any relations with Ethiopia, let Djibouti shake them down as there only port:siilaanyolaugh: I would say we could make a profit of there large population but the problem is there very broke and won't have the funds our cooperations would be selling:mugshotman:
We should use them for cheap labor but not in Somali Galbeed region. We should also allow drugs to flow into the oromia and amhara region to destablise the country and then take back Somali Galbeed without a fight :pachah1:

Tukraq

VIP
We should use them for cheap labor but not in Somali Galbeed region. We should also allow drugs to flow into the oromia and amhara region to destablise the country and then take back Somali Galbeed without a fight :pachah1:
sahib we don't need to do all that it will fall in the near future, they have 110 million people, little resources, are mostly poor, neighboring Sudan went through a revolution, but unlike Sudan they have major ethnic divides and tensions :gucciwhat: its going to blow up big time the problem will be securing our border considering the oromos are already trickling in droves, puntland has luckily noticed this and the south is too dangerous for them to come, Somaliland is a lost cause though and will sadly probably be overtaken:bell: in this circumstance we better hope Ethiopia is peaceful until we can secure our border properly and not let any of them in:salute: another fear I have though is once the oil money hits all of Somali galbeed and north easter Kenya will abandon there posts and swarm back into Somalia to get a piece of the pie allowing the opposition to take over:susp: we need a proper border first and a proper record of all citizens before any money gets passed out, no sheegatos, kind of like how Kuwait handles its citizenship

if we end up like Nigeria that would be a failure, and how in the world are third world countries like Malaysia and turkey developed:gucciwhat: I doubt there even considered developing as for there infrastructure, there houses are cheaper than those in Mogadishu infact reer Mogadishu is buying up Turkish houses when they figured out they go for as low as 40k:ooh: compared to 200k in Mogadishu :comeon: as for the population I said take out somalilands numbers as there not really governed by fgs and won't get a pice of the pie so my numbers were accurate, for infrastructure, I'm of the mindset that the government shouldn't ever build infrastructure and it should be the private citizens who own and build it up, this is where America found its economic success letting the market take care of it, the period your talking about where they were building roads was bad for the economy and caused inflation:susp: as for Qatar we have more oil, if you check the figures and as I mentioned the oil boom hasn't even came yet as oil was plentiful, in the next 15 years oil will be so scarce since its a finite resource that it will be at its most profitable point:salute: those opec nations sold to soon:lolbron: agriculture kulaha, wheres saudis agriculture its called comparitive advantage take an Econ class lol, universities:damn: are you still harping on that overrated education point?
Nigeria in terms of income and large-scale infrastructure. Of course not exactly the same because Somalia isn't overcrowded like Nigeria.

Malaysia and Turkey are both green on the HDI map, they may not be dark green but they definitely aren't "third world" (outdated and inaccurate term btw... It's called developing countries)
1920px-Countries_by_Human_Development_Index_%282018%29.png

High housing prices inflated by diaspora doesn't mean shit. 3 bedroom apartment is $20-50k in Cairo while a similar apartment in a similar neighborhood in Khartoum would be $100-250k. This just means that the former has a more efficient construction sector; while the latter has a shortage of steel, cement, and overall properties.

Comparative advantage is not an excuse for having a single commodity economy. Especially if you're a developing country. I took courses on both micro and maco economies... I know this very well and would love to continue this discussion with you but to be honest you seem very lost.

Tukraq

VIP
Nigeria in terms of income and large-scale infrastructure. Of course not exactly the same because Somalia isn't overcrowded like Nigeria.

Malaysia and Turkey are both green on the HDI map, they may not be dark green but they definitely aren't "third world" (outdated and inaccurate term btw... It's called developing countries)
1920px-Countries_by_Human_Development_Index_%282018%29.png

High housing prices inflated by diaspora doesn't mean shit. 3 bedroom apartment is $20-50k in Cairo while a similar apartment in a similar neighborhood in Khartoum would be $100-250k. This just means that the former has a more efficient construction sector; while the latter has a shortage of steel, cement, and overall properties.

Comparative advantage is not an excuse for having a single commodity economy. Especially if you're a developing country. I took courses on both micro and maco economies... I know this very well and would love to continue this discussion with you but to be honest you seem very lost.
If you took an Econ class then you would know how agriculture isn’t that important as a country’s commodity because it’s not really that profitable and the abundance of it means you can buy from other countries at a low price, while you work on your commodity, in this case oil which is actually a sufficient single commodity economy if you have a lot of it like we do and a low population like we also do, diversification is not needed, this is also why even in your map Qatar and Saudi are darker green than so called turkey and Malaysia lol, also for the property prices, they correlate to the money in the country and follow the market, nobody’s listing a 200k house if nobody can afford it, the thing is those in Cairo and turkey cant afford it which is why there prices are so low, those in Mogadishu and Khartoum are actually richer but have less of an even distribution of wealth due to rampant inequality while Egypt and turkey are uniformly poor

If you took an Econ class then you would know how agriculture isn’t that important as a country’s commodity because it’s not really that profitable and the abundance of it means you can buy from other countries at a low price, while you work on your commodity, in this case oil which is actually a sufficient single commodity economy if you have a lot of it like we do and a low population like we also do, diversification is not needed, this is also why even in your map Qatar and Saudi are darker green than so called turkey and Malaysia lol, also for the property prices, they correlate to the money in the country and follow the market, nobody’s listing a 200k house if nobody can afford it, the thing is those in Cairo and turkey cant afford it which is why there prices are so low, those in Mogadishu and Khartoum are actually richer but have less of an even distribution of wealth due to rampant inequality while Egypt and turkey are uniformly poor
You're both right and wrong. Agriculture is indeed less lucrative than oil but that doesn't mean it's less valuable - it's a necessity; So when it's grown locally not only is it fresh but you save more money than importing it - along with that the countries that supply you with the food can easily cut it off (I can elaborate on this if you're interested). That's why Saudi Arabia invested billions of dollars in Sudan and never blackmailed them during the Qatar crisis. Because if they lose Sudan then they have no other countries to import from as all nearby nations are 100% desert with no rivers. Without Sudan's surplus of freshwater and arable land khaleeji countries would be nothing - even with their oil (and they've admitted this) and that's why Sudan's economy hasn't completely collapsed even with economic mismanagement. Not to mention agriculture is very cheap so it makes no sense for Somalia to not invest in it around the southern region. You can be a major oil producer and also have massive farming industries, that's why Northern, River Nile, and Gezira states are so developed (for African standards) - Northern state is majority rural and very isolated yet their HDI is equal to Khartoum state.

Of course Qatar and Saudia are dark green... They're more developed due to oil. Without that luck they'd be just like yemen if not worst. It's a gamble we're talking about here.

There are properties for sale in Egypt and Turkey worth millions of dollars... Those cheap apartments for sale $20k-40k that we both mentioned are for their lower-middle class. While the lower-middle class in Somalia and Sudan live in cheap bungalows that can easily be bought for less than $10k, yet our families probably paid far less during the independence era.

This villa in Cairo is 485sqm and costs $670k. It's in the suburbs far from the city center while the expensive properties in Mogadishu and Khartoum are all near the city center
MVecNG.jpg

^ This just shows that their apartments are cheap due to the high supply (efficient construction sector) while houses show the true value of land and real estate. Not only does Egypt also have a large diaspora but they also have thousands of wealthy families living in the country that own resorts, malls, and franchising rights to American companies so they are making bank while living in their own country < Turkey has the same scenario but they're even wealthier.

Tukraq

VIP
You're both right and wrong. Agriculture is indeed less lucrative than oil but that doesn't mean it's less valuable - it's a necessity; So when it's grown locally not only is it fresh but you save more money than importing it - along with that the countries that supply you with the food can easily cut it off (I can elaborate on this if you're interested). That's why Saudi Arabia invested billions of dollars in Sudan and never blackmailed them during the Qatar crisis. Because if they lose Sudan then they have no other countries to import from as all nearby nations are 100% desert with no rivers. Without Sudan's surplus of freshwater and arable land khaleeji countries would be nothing - even with their oil (and they've admitted this) and that's why Sudan's economy hasn't completely collapsed even with economic mismanagement. Not to mention agriculture is very cheap so it makes no sense for Somalia to not invest in it around the southern region. You can be a major oil producer and also have massive farming industries, that's why Northern, River Nile, and Gezira states are so developed (for African standards) - Northern state is majority rural and very isolated yet their HDI is equal to Khartoum state.

Of course Qatar and Saudia are dark green... They're more developed due to oil. Without that luck they'd be just like yemen if not worst. It's a gamble we're talking about here.

There are properties for sale in Egypt and Turkey worth millions of dollars... Those cheap apartments for sale $20k-40k that we both mentioned are for their lower-middle class. While the lower-middle class in Somalia and Sudan live in cheap bungalows that can easily be bought for less than $10k, yet our families probably paid far less during the independence era.

This villa in Cairo is 485sqm and costs $670k. It's in the suburbs far from the city center while the expensive properties in Mogadishu and Khartoum are all near the city center
MVecNG.jpg

^ This just shows that their apartments are cheap due to the high supply (efficient construction sector) while houses show the true value of land and real estate. Not only does Egypt also have a large diaspora but they also have thousands of wealthy families living in the country that own resorts, malls, and franchising rights to American companies so they are making bank while living in their own country < Turkey has the same scenario but they're even wealthier.
Turkey and Egypt aren’t really comparable to Somalia in the sense that we first of all have the most open markets in the world with no taxes or regulations and unlimited ability to create when it comes to business unlike say turkey which is basically under a pseudo dictatorship and Egypt which is an oligarchy when it comes to the business sector, this is why it’s easier to move up the ladder in somalia than it is in those countries which is why we have our own companies not American franchises, these free markets are better in that the market always is better than state run initiatives which is what Egypt and turkey basically do so it’s not about having a diaspora we just have a totally different system in place with a completely free market similar to America although america has more restrictions than us while turkey is more like China and state run which isn’t effective for business which is why turkey isn’t taken serious internationally when it comes to business, as for agriculture, like I said it’s not profitable for a reason, where in the age of agricultural abundance in fact to much is being produced, so even if a country stopped trading with us the next one will take its place,

Turkey and Egypt aren’t really comparable to Somalia in the sense that we first of all have the most open markets in the world with no taxes or regulations and unlimited ability to create when it comes to business unlike say turkey which is basically under a pseudo dictatorship and Egypt which is an oligarchy when it comes to the business sector, this is why it’s easier to move up the ladder in somalia than it is in those countries which is why we have our own companies not American franchises, these free markets are better in that the market always is better than state run initiatives which is what Egypt and turkey basically do so it’s not about having a diaspora we just have a totally different system in place with a completely free market similar to America although america has more restrictions than us while turkey is more like China and state run which isn’t effective for business which is why turkey isn’t taken serious internationally when it comes to business, as for agriculture, like I said it’s not profitable for a reason, where in the age of agricultural abundance in fact to much is being produced, so even if a country stopped trading with us the next one will take its place,
The oligarchy isn't due to a bureaucracy as Egypt has a market economy.

Egypt has their own companies as well, in fact countless multi-billion $ companies are local. The fact that they have so many American companies investing in their country shows how open their market is, how attractive it is for investments, and on top of that it forces local franchises to better themselves as they're now competing with the top franchises in the world.

Agricultural abundance only applies to highly developed countries like the US, Germany, and Japan where farming is subsidized since there's an incentive to keep it 100% local as it's an established fact that importing foods is an inferior option and very unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts