Season 5 Episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Bbc Two Death GIF by BBC

Life Cycle Omg GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

parks and rec GIF

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Black Friday Film GIF by Paramount Movies

No problem. All I need is a day anyway :silanyosmile:

:deadpeter:

Not taking about polygamy but the act of marrying divorcees.
Nearly all the prophet's wives were widows or divorcees or both. The sahabahs did it frequently to. There is nothing degenerate about marrying a divorce. The prophet's first wife was a widow twice before she married the prophet.

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
Nearly all the prophet's wives were widows or divorcees or both. The sahabahs did it frequently to. There is nothing degenerate about marrying a divorce.
that's correct. The prophet married to help most of these women. And here they are thinking about a 2nd wife in terms of lust :dead:

Nearly all the prophet's wives were widows or divorce or both. The sahabahs did it frequently to. There is nothing degenerate about marrying a divorce.
A culture that doesn't stigmatize divorce allows people to sleep with multiple other partners with no consequences. Even if it's permissible it's not something that should be enacted on a wide spread scale.
The prophet also married Aisha when she was 9 but I doubt you would say there's nothing wrong with that, how is this any different?

that's correct. The prophet married to help most of these women. And here they are thinking about a 2nd wife in terms of lust :dead:
231-4b7d617054bb.png
You want to voluntarily become a widow by not so halal means. None of the sahabiyat were doing that...

And realistic if a guy is gonna marry in this day and age with a few exceptions it's mainly gonna be lust based reason like lack of energy to match him from the first wife or something else like that.

A culture that doesn't stigmatize divorce allows people to sleep with multiple other partners with no consequences. Even if it's permissible it's not something that should be enacted on a wide spread scale.
The prophet also married Aisha when she was 9 but I doubt you would say there's nothing wrong with that, how is this any different?
I don't think there was anything wrong with the prophet's marriage to aisha. And yes divorce itself isn't something that should be encouraged but islamically the man is the one who gives the divorce. Under normal circumstances a woman can't just give talalak so them being divorcees for the most part isn't even there fault so they shouldn't be blamed. The whole point of the talking stage is getting to find out if they were problematic or not so there is no point stigmatising divorced individuals.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
. All Somalis regardless of clan practice polygamy if they’re able to do so and are financially stable. That’s why we have the many bah clans in all our sub clans. You’re right however about the North being less polygamous because they don’t have as much wealth as the galbeed or southern clans. Wealth= camels. That’s why they don’t practice it more.

No we didn’t get it from Arabs polygamy is a pastoral and African culture even other Africans who had never had seen Arabs practice it.
I'm from the galbeed. If you'd like to know about them consult @Duucale1 and @Araabi for specifics and more context. As I stated previously those with wealth did not have 4 wives at most 2 and many were fine with 1. It's a microcultural thing. The bride price in that area was high (historically) provided one wanted the cream of the crop.

Also, polygamy was not merely a function of wealth since in some Somali communities they would not marry for much and the low barrier with respect to marriage facilitated multiple marriages but also the phenomenon of higher divorces.​

I'm from the galbeed. If you'd like to know about them consult @Duucale1 and @Araabi for specifics and more context. As I stated previously those with wealth did not have 4 wives at most 2 and many were fine with 1. It's a microcultural thing. The bride price in that area was high (historically) provided one wanted the cream of the crop.

Also, polygamy was not merely a function of wealth since in some Somali communities they would not marry for much and the low barrier with respect to marriage facilitated multiple marriages but also the phenomenon of higher divorces.​
I meant galbeed as in somali galbeed sorry. You’re right reer awdal for the most part don’t marry more than one wife unless they’re extremely blessed with wealth like I have seen some of my friends parents who are politicians in awdal. Reer awdal are not camel blessed and farm for the most part that explains why. Back in the days more land = more camels=more wives.

Garaad diinle

 
I don't think there was anything wrong with the prophet's marriage to aisha. And yes divorce itself isn't something that should be encouraged but islamically the man is the one who gives the divorce. Under normal circumstances a woman can't just give talalak so them being divorcees for the most part isn't even there fault so they shouldn't be blamed. The whole point of the talking stage is getting to find out if they were problematic or not so there is no point stigmatising divorced individuals.

Thanks for the video it was really insightful jazakallah khair.

View attachment 261745
Saw this on reddit. Now that I think about it, we are the only islamic ethnicity who hugely practices polygamy.:jaynerd::dwill: I've never seen desi people with more than 1 wife. The only other people besides us I can think of are arabs. Even many of them aren't as practicing of polygamy like us. However, Thank god we don't look down on divorcees like the other Islamic ethnicities! since there is always a possibility of me ending up divorced looooool! :mjlol: :deadrose: :deadrose: :dead::deadpeter:
The ladies of today could not survie old somaliyee divorce kulaha
🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 261745
Saw this on reddit. Now that I think about it, we are the only islamic ethnicity who hugely practices polygamy.:jaynerd::dwill: I've never seen desi people with more than 1 wife. The only other people besides us I can think of are arabs. Even many of them aren't as practicing of polygamy like us. However, Thank god we don't look down on divorcees like the other Islamic ethnicities! since there is always a possibility of me ending up divorced looooool! :mjlol: :deadrose: :deadrose: :dead::deadpeter:
Somalis and Khaleeji Arabs don't have the same religious legacy as these other countries. Egypt, Sudan, Maghreb, Levant, Iraq and Turkey were all Christian, a religion that forces every man to only have one partner. Iran, Afghanistan, South Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia followed religions (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism-Buddhism) that didn't allow the common man to have multiple wives, only reserved for the royals and aristocrats.

View attachment 261745
Polygamy in Africa is even practiced by Africans. Heheheheheh

Trending