Why is multiple wives common with somalis but not with other muslim ethnicities?

I was talking with my Egyptian friend and I talked about how my uncle recently left to go visit Somalia to see his second wife. We then got into a discussion about polygamy. I thought pologamy was common in other cultures that practice Islam but my friend told me it was not common at all in Egypt. I then realized I don’t hear about second wife’s stories in other muslim ethnicities as much as I do from somalis. I wonder why it’s so common in our culture

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
because for me as a black boy:
I know I have natural rights to have plenty of potential wives
of very fine choices.

Last edited:
I was talking with my Egyptian friend and I talked about how my uncle recently left to go visit Somalia to see his second wife. We then got into a discussion about polygamy. I thought pologamy was common in other cultures that practice Islam but my friend told me it was not common at all in Egypt. I then realized I don’t hear about second wife’s stories in other muslim ethnicities as much as I do from somalis. I wonder why it’s so common in our culture

That's not entirely true. It's very common in many places such as the Arab gulf countries and Muslims in West Africa. Somalis are just loud about it.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
QUICK MORAL:
Show-casing wives is useless bro bro
Without backing resources to flaunt
To provide a happy family to be built
Financial Success before Marriage cos
It's better to have a home first to provide
Than struggle to produce what's gaven

That's not entirely true. It's very common in many places such as the Arab gulf countries and Muslims in West Africa. Somalis are just loud about it.
I think in the Arab gulf countries it was common in older generations but the younger generation are very westernized or want to be westerns I don’t think it’s common with them. Yeah, I heard Muslims( and Christians) It’s common to have a second wife in west Africa. I think polygamy is majority practiced by Africans today

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Urbanization, Somalis in miyi can accumulate a lot of capital and manage it without squandering it to marry multiple wives

You can’t marry multiple wives in a dingy Cairo apartment with a meager salary, you’re struggling to feed your family let alone expand same as the pre industrial Western Europe , they were living as serfs

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
I think in the Arab gulf countries it was common in older generations but the younger generation are very westernized or want to be westerns I don’t think it’s common with them. Yeah, I heard Muslims( and Christians) It’s common to have a second wife in west Africa. I think polygamy is majority practiced by Africans today
for example in Nigeria it’s a anomaly amoung the urban or agrarian Igbo and Yourba, but common among the pastoral Fulani and Hasu, who live in open large expansive lands unfettered by a lord or master

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Its not common in Somali culture, that was the last generation that was marrying 2 wives. Never heard of guys from our gen practicing this they always marry 1

Its not common in Somali culture, that was the last generation that was marrying 2 wives. Never heard of guys from our gen practicing this they always marry 1

Agreed, grandfather was a baller(ilaahay ha u naxariisto), I have an aunt younger than me. Around 16 in total uncles and aunts.

It's only common for the alphas especially in rural areas like it's always been most somali men only have 1 wife .

I have a wife but I am planning to add another three insha'Allah, I want to play my part in eradicating ghoroob pandemic in the somali community

It’s common among Arabs and Somalis.
However I’ve noticed with south Asian Muslims despite them not having second wives they have mistresses and affair partners which I believe is way worse. If Islam has made it Halal for you to have up to four wives why cheat and have numerous affair partners? I had a friend who’s dad was cheating on their mother and he didn’t even want to make the woman be his second wife he just wanted to cheat in peace which was so fucked up.

I suspect it has a lot to do with the religious legacy of those societies. Egypt, Sudan, Maghreb, Levant, Iraq and Turkey were all Cross-pilled simps following a religion that forced every man to only have one partner. Iran, Afghanistan, South Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia followed religions (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism-Buddhism) that didn't allow the common man to have multiple wives, only reserved for the royals and aristocrats. Khaleejis, west African Muslims and Somalis don't have that legacy.

I suspect it has a lot to do with the religious legacy of those societies. Egypt, Sudan, Maghreb, Levant, Iraq and Turkey were all Cross-pilled simps following a religion that forced every man to only have one partner. Iran, Afghanistan, South Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia followed religions (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism-Buddhism) that didn't allow the common man to have multiple wives, only reserved for the royals and aristocrats. Khaleejis, west African Muslims and Somalis don't have that legacy.
Hail Macrobia may it rise again

:kendrickcry: :kendrickcry: :banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

Imagine 4 wifes fighting for your affection man our ancestors lived good lives then war with the habesha and aquire concubines from conquest

hip hop legends GIF

Imagine 4 wifes fighting for your affection man our ancestors lived good lives then war with the habesha and aquire concubines from conquest

hip hop legends GIF
Bruv thats 4 times the stress and deppression
imagine all the fights jealousy verbal abuse u will commit suicide

Trending