Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1731.PNG

The Bravanese people, also known as the Barawani, are a group inhabiting southern coast of Somalia who migrated from different parts of the western & middle eastern countries such as (Yemen, Oman, Portugal, Persia). The town (Barawa) which is located southern coast of Somalia was named after the People living there, which the majority of the people there are Bravanese.

As their name suggests, the Bravanese hail from Brava (Barawa), a port town on the southeastern coast of Somalia.

The population's members trace their origins to diverse groups, notably Somali, Portugal, Yemeni, Omani and Persian migrants.

they have almost same % of admixture as otha Somalis. in reality we all pure Somalis if that make sense.

Apollo

VIP
Dafuq are u talking about bro? I grew up around reer xamars infact some may consider me a reer xamar as well do I look "South Asian to u?

Reer Xamar has nothing to do with the city of Mogadishu, but a specific ethnic group.

99% of Mogadishu is not Reer Xamar/Benadiri.

Also, most of Brava is not ethnically Bravanese.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Bantu ?? Export them back to the jungles of Congo :camby:

Somalis are idiots when it comes to labeling foreigners. They call Bantus ''Madowweyne'' instead of Bantus.

You know we are talking about 0.5 people here, not ethnic Somalis from Xamar.
The 0.5 are the cadcads,Bantus etc...

There are 2 types of Reer Xamars that I can think of right now

. The Somalis who comes from the major clans in Xamar

. The Somalis who comes from the minority clans/ or the ones who don't necessarily have a clan
(they may or may not be mixed and if they are it's only a small percentages)

I've noticed that they definitely have the Bantu noses and their hair texture is slightly more Madow. Bantu genes are strong af, showing in their phenotype even though they're 7% Bantu on average

Apollo

VIP
I've noticed that they definitely have the Bantu noses and their hair texture is slightly more Madow. Bantu genes are strong af, showing in their phenotype even though they're 7% Bantu on average

Bantus have the most dominant genes on the planet. Small drop of their blood completely changes your look.

Last edited:

World

VIP
I know the third guy is half somali, half german since I follow him on Twitter. 6th guy is also that mukhtar ali Somali footballer. Not sure about others. But they don’t look to me as half somali half arab/south asian.

View attachment 41902
The Bravanese people, also known as the Barawani, are a group inhabiting southern coast of Somalia who migrated from different parts of the western & middle eastern countries such as (Yemen, Oman, Portugal, Persia). The town (Barawa) which is located southern coast of Somalia was named after the People living there, which the majority of the people there are Bravanese.

As their name suggests, the Bravanese hail from Brava (Barawa), a port town on the southeastern coast of Somalia.

The population's members trace their origins to diverse groups, notably Somali, Portugal, Yemeni, Omani and Persian migrants.
Wow I’m shocked I personally know two of the people you posted wallahi! I’m not gonna say who though! I think the Portuguese thing is a myth wallahi tho.

They are not. Wishful thinking.

They are dark because their non-African part is largely South Asian rather than Arab.
We’re not dark though?
Wallahi I have sort of slightly wide nose but from the side it looks Roman like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts