Garowe Developments

Npr Music Dance GIF by 47Soul

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

@Pwyneth Galtrow it's a shame on us as puntites that some Isaaq dude is re-selling trucks to us, when I suggested to you, Bosaso can serve as a 'trade hub' where we create warehouses and store products, materials, goods and re-sell it to Somalis and save them the 'freight' costs like this guy is doing. Why don't we store bricks and pack it up in warehouses, same for asphalt and all construction materials. We can do this with food products, drinks, ingredients.

We as Puntites don't understand the importance of 'kayd or storage'. We just live day by day and get things at the last minute when things finish and we don't pre-plan storage so we end up going to dubai and paying taxes constantly n freight costs over and over, which is a bad business model.

PS - Pwyneth this isaaq dude is 'storing vehicles' locally in car-yards and then selling to Somalis and saving them the import costs and taxes, he will make that money himself. Why aren't we doing this, why are we using bad business practise, why don't we go to dubai once every 2 years and create storage warehouses and save on the import costs. We can work out consumption yearly by looking at the port taxes, the taxes are usually 5-10% once we know that figure we can calculate what the rest of the 90% is and add a margin of 10% 'growth' and order twice that amount in of goods n products so it can hold us for at least 2 years and then re-sell it and save ppl the un-necessary costs involved with importing. Somalis think making money means 'profits' no making money is cutting on COST, becuz profits are capped by competitors in market place but the smart company reduces their overhead costs.

The other important factor is 'difference' u need to set yourself different to competitor not copy or else u have to rely on luck not on good business practise. Difference can mean quality superiority, warranties, customer service, discounts n specials, many ways but u need that 'difference' factor since you will haave competitors. I am disgusted at our restaurant n cafe scene, there is no difference and they all copy each other on product, they dont even add any product creativity. F

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I can't wait till the garowe numbering houses n street is done, I'll print flyers and get walkers to go to each home and slip underneath their home gates and advertise my future online warehouse similar to amazon or ebay.

I'll do this also for each of my business interests. See since no-one else is doing it in PL, i will stand out from my competitors. The key to business success is reducing overhead cost and standing apart from your competitor.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

This is something PL government needs to coordinate and not be left alone to local governments. Each region should manage this function but it must be collected and centralized at the puntland govt level.

We also in desperate need of a birth registeration process and marriages.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Pwyneth Galtrow They did the garowe warehouse idea I was telling you. This will save small businesses port costs, we should service all Somalia.

Construction Material warehouse waa inay samaystan. Those items don't perish, you can store and sell nation-wide and save people import costs.

Trending