Galmudug Leaders and Businesspeople Pledge $90 Million for the Construction of Hobyo Port

Falcon

in your feelings yet? yall too sensitive for me.
51EAC9BA-3C8C-4E07-A349-F55360A54896.jpeg

Among the leaders who pledged their contribution towards the construction of hobyo port include chairman of HG leadership council who pledged $50 million of the $90 million will come from HG investors at the grand opening ceremony to launch the construction of hobyo. the rest will be covered by other investors in or from Galmudug.
As pledged by chairman shirwac, former foreign affairs minister yusuf garaad donated $10,000 on the spot.

A public-private-patnership (PPP) entity will soon be established to raise capital from investors for the construction of the port.
Most of the none Galmudug investment will come from Hirshabelle, Banadir and Ethiopia which is said to be investing in 4 ports in Somalia including Hobyo.

Galmudug will build it’s port with or without qatar’s alleged $174 million first phase investment agreement with SFG in 2019.

The construction of the port will commence later this year according to Galmudug president.

maa sha Allah, there has been a lot of development for Hobyo recently

Galmudug businessmen are also issuing shares to a new company which intends to build high-quality houses (mainly for the diaspora) in Hobyo

Hobyo port, Hobyo highway, Hobyo villas....Hobyo will be the most developed city in Mudug very soon kkkk :mjpls:

The $90m is for kick-starting the project. The total cost be at around $300m. It will have a free trade zone, oil terminal and few other things. I mean it wont be a very large port but its a good start. TBH i will be very impressed if we fund the whole project our self without any outside help.:rejoice:

Falcon

The $90m is for kick-starting the project. The total cost be at around $300m. It will have a free trade zone, oil terminal and few other things. I mean it wont be a very large port but its a good start. TBH i will be very impressed if we fund the whole project our self without any outside help.:rejoice:
Yeah it wouldn’t just be $90million, there will be more investment pouring in from other investors. The $90million was pledged by the businessmen and leaders who attended the ceremony.

All the capital brought in from the investors for the next few months will be going towards the first phase of the port construction.

Last edited:

Falcon

Garacad is ahead of Hobyo both in terms of town and port development.
DHp2wSM.jpg
No shit sherlock :pachah1: it’s construction started before hobyo. once hobyo is built there wouldn’t be that much of a competition between the two.

Falcon

Before you invest in ports...

Invest in all other forms of infrastructure / public service...
We first need to cut our dependence on costly and far away ports which render imports/exports in Galmudug virtually impossible. Hobyo port is meant to reduce the cost of exports/imports especially the latter which will lead to more development and investment in the state.

The rest would follow suit once the construction of the port is completed insha allah.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
We first need to cut our dependence on costly and far away ports which render imports/exports in Galmudug virtually impossible. Hobyo port is meant to reduce the cost of exports/imports especially the latter which will lead to more development and investment in the state.

The rest would follow suit once the construction of the port is completed insha allah.

Unless it will be a container handling ports because bosaaso list so much activity to berbera nectar it lacks capacity.

Don't you need the roads to be in place first, garacad is in the same boat there's nothing connecting it to a town.

Why focus on importing goods, become self sufficient start producing goods

Unless it will be a container handling ports because bosaaso list so much activity to berbera nectar it lacks capacity.

Don't you need the roads to be in place first, garacad is in the same boat there's nothing connecting it to a town.

Reer Galmudug before starting this Port, first started with building the Road connections all over Galmudug like the Galkacyo to Hobyo now complete, also Dhusomareeb to Cadaado to Hobyo is also complete, we have completed all the roads connecting to our major towns, so now its time to start building the Port.

all somalis suffer from this, if i was the president of somalia i would bomb all ports to force people to produce their own goods.

but the key is cheap electricity. if we can get cheap electricity then factories would open