Future mother in law from hell

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Run and I’ll catch you and eat you alive
I’ve known this Somali guy for a long time but started talking to him seriously the past couple of months and he is perfect in every way.
he is handsome, smart and has a good personality. I grew up around this Farax, people love him and even men are jealous of him
His biggest flaw is... His mum from hell. This woman is so evil. His mum is the reason the last girl he was dating was so depressed and broke off getting married
She would always tell her son lies about what his girlfriend was up to or straight up insult the girl
And he has never questioned his mum,
The other day I was in their house and she said to me these words while he was doing something else “you’re not on the same standards as my son, he won’t marry you” I was so shocked I even told him and he said I probably misunderstood it or she didn’t really mean it
I respect Somali elders, so I didn’t say anything back but I gave myself an imaginary simulation of me punching her in the stomach

I told my mum about us possibly getting married and she said she’d stop talking to me if I married into that family :mugshotman:
I’m more confused than @SOULSEARCHING

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

We’re similar, we were both raised by divorced mums, so I get that his mum is all he has, there’s a rumour that used to go round about how she used to treat her husband really badly, I’m not surprised:gucciwhat:

Last edited:

Muji

VIP
I’ve known this Somali guy for a long time but started talking to him seriously the past couple of months and he is perfect in every way.
he is handsome, smart and has a good personality. I grew up around this Farax, people love him and even men are jealous of him
His biggest flaw is... His mum from hell. This woman is so evil. His mum is the reason the last girl he was dating was so depressed and broke off getting married
She would always tell her son lies about what his girlfriend was up to or straight up insult the girl
And he has never questioned his mum,
The other day I was in their house and she said to me these words while he was doing something else “you’re not on the same standards as my son, he won’t marry you” I was so shocked I even told him and he said I probably misunderstood it or she didn’t really mean it
I respect Somali elders, so I didn’t say anything back but I gave myself an imaginary simulation of me punching her in the stomach

I told my mum about us possibly getting married and she said she’d stop talking to me if I married into that family :mugshotman:
I’m more confused than @SOULSEARCHING

Hmmm maybe she’s seeing if you get scared off. Is the guy rich?

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Hmm maybe she thinks you are a goldigger and she thinks you are after her inheritance. Are you from the U.K. I suspected this from a North American mother in law
Yes I am, I mean that would make sense, but I have my own income, I’m planning on buying a car soon, I’ve never leeched off of him or shown that I need his money

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
sounds the oedipal mother that wants to devour her son. being divorced as you say makes her very attached to her child, dreading the day he becomes independent and abandons her, knowing how painful the first abandonment was (her husband)

you being the one thats taking her child away will most certainly feel her xalimo wrath.
just dont be alone with her, she might sink her teeth into your neck.

so gl on your new narcissistic mother in law i wish its worth it

Muji

VIP
Yes I am, I mean that would make sense, but I have my own income, I’m planning on buying a car soon, I’ve never leeched off of him or shown that I need his money

Somali mothers only care about money and she sees his money as a retirement fund. Wearing expensive clothes and driving flashy cars around her is a no no. I suggest you dress humbly, minimal make up and help her wash the dishes next time you visit.

If she’s not threatened by you she may just not like you because of your qabil. You might want to dig in to this and find out more about why she hated his ex from your man.

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

sounds the oedipal mother that wants to devour her son. being divorced as you say makes her very attached to her child, dreading the day he becomes independent and abandons her, knowing how painful the first abandonment was (her husband)

you being the one thats taking her child away will most certainly feel her xalimo wrath.
just dont be alone with her, she might sink her teeth into your neck.

so gl on your new narcissistic mother in law i wish its worth it
What do you mean sink her teeth, I didn’t know my future mother in law is a vambiree:damn:

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Ignore his post. Quoting signing Freud to explain Somali mothers actions is culturally inappropriate. I have seen a very similar thing to what you are describing and it didn’t end well.

truth is sometimes inappropriate, but it will guide you and set you free, and i didnt quote anybody, i understand these concepts now.

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Somali mothers only care about money and she sees his money as a retirement fund. Wearing expensive clothes and driving flashy cars around her is a no no. I suggest you dress humbly, minimal make up and help her wash the dishes next time you visit.

If she’s not threatened by you she may just not like you because of your qabil. You might want to dig in to this and find out more about why she hated his ex from your man.
You’re right Knowles I didn’t think of it that way. Next time I see her, which is next week(Bismillaaah) I’ll tell her to sit back and do the dishes for her. We’re the same qabiil, she’d disown him if we weren’t.
I think you’re good at relationship advice, I wonder why ?

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Ignore his post. Quoting signing Freud to explain Somali mothers actions is culturally inappropriate. I have seen a very similar thing to what you are describing and it didn’t end well.
I agree with @Luciddreamer on the rejection part but the Oedipal complex of Freud he mentions is inappropriate and nasty

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

im purely talking psychology and emotionally, you' re the ones adding sex into it. Oedipal complex is much more than sex, go read about it before running of with the shallow sht.
It’s literally about psychosexual development, by a man who was a crackhead :mahubowtf:kulaha shallow, I don’t mean to embarrass you but you’re the one that needs to read up on psychology

I think this is one of the biggest flaws and you are asking for trouble. I would say run while you can......but many women overestimate their charm and personality so you probably think once she gets to know you she will like you.

He sounds like a mommy's boy and soon you will put him in situations he has to pick between you or her. His mum has zero respect for him, so she sure as hell ain't gonna respect you. People always forget you don't marry one person. You marry into a family

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
It’s literally about psychosexual development, by a man who was a crackhead :mahubowtf:kulaha shallow, I don’t mean to embarrass you but you’re the one that needs to read up on psychology

its an archetype, you cant define an archetype. my point is lonely divorced mothers become overprotective and end up sabotaging their children's social connections and independence. does it matter wtf its called?:mugshotman:

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

I think this is one of the biggest flaws and you are asking for trouble. I would say run while you can......but many women overestimate their charm and personality so you probably think once she gets to know you she will like you.

He sounds like a mommy's boy and soon you will put him in situations he has to pick between you or her. His mum has zero respect for him, so she sure as hell ain't gonna respect you. People always forget you don't marry one person. You marry into a family
Jaydaan you’re right you do marry into the whole family. I don’t think she’ll ever like me, and I could care less about her feelings, I guess I was blinded by love

Trending