FGS cabinet signs off on Turkish Naval agreement, which is to be implemented within 24 hours!

Guys what is this??? People are claiming the Somalia- Turkish agreement is not a military pact. If this is true, it is wild.

Guys what is this??? People are claiming the Somalia- Turkish agreement is not a military pact. If this is true, it is wild.
Wallahi, I hope this is not true. Now I don't know the guy being interviewed's credential, hope he is a civilian and not associated with the government. Now if this turns out to be true, HSM has to be deposed pronto!!!

I feel bad for the people who keep thinking Culusow will deliver anything but CEEB.

well-so-im-done.gif

Culusow was the one who signed a deal with to make Somali girls maids.
Do you expect him to sign dignified deals? The people living near him, better check they still own their vital organs.

Under a new agreement Somalia is sending between 600 and 1,000 domestic workers to Saudi Arabia in time for Ramadan. The month of fasting usually brings an increase in the demand for domestic workers as employers often host large iftar meals to break their fast. This can mean long hours for the workers and more cases of overwork and abuse.

USA gave the green light. Similar thing happened in Libya but were stalled.
Turkey is in the Neto. They cant just deploy soldiers/equipment anywhere they want because if they get attacked = Neto Got attacked. USA 100% gave the green right to check UAE/Ethiopia.
UAE want to turn abiy into what meles/tplf was to USA.
USA Building 5 bases for SNA that will house USA soldiers is also another indicator.

The only interesting thing he said was the UAE. UAE has crazy influence in PL/ictrafistan. With SSC now, UAE has to take a side. PL/SSC or ictrafistan.
Will see.
Rashid is a curse to which ever said he’s on. He is mostly wrong.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Do you expect him to sign dignified deals? The people living near him, better check they still own their vital organs.

I heard about this, i didn't know it was real

Rashid is a curse to which ever said he’s on. He is mostly wrong.
He’s tplf’s mouth piece. TPLF even after having close to 1m of their people being genocided and currently going through a manmade famine, all their mouthpieces still fully support MOU/Ethiopia for the land grab. Ethiopians are something else.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 080516.png

Xasan xaraashayey ma xishoodo

It is indeed true. HSM himself hinted at his speech that the agreement, besides re-building the navy, is aimed at economic and military cooperation, covering 'piracy, terrorism, illegal fishing, drugs and illegal maritime activities'. And that the deal is not related to Ethiopia at all, i.e. no defence pact.

Anyone with common sense would also know that Turkey would not fight on behalf of Somalia, in particular against Ethiopia, even if it were defensive, since they have close military and economic partnership with them. It's simply not in their interests.

Last edited:

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
You make good points and I get your concerns, but Turkey does not need our oil and gas in the same way most countries in the world do, as the largest new energy reserves in Europe are currently being discovered on a regular basis in Turkey and by Turkish exploration companies, which are also worth trillions, such as the gas field in the Black Sea and the one billion of barrels of oil in the Sirnak province alone, yet in the last 5 years their daily production capacity has only doubled from 50 thousand barrels a day to 100 thousand barrels a day.

Somalia is expected to produce its first oil by the end of the year, but that doesn’t mean it will suddenly export one million barrels a day like the OPEC heavyweights or Russia, we will be lucky if we break the 50 to 100 thousand barrels a day threshold by the end of the decade. That would still mean $1.5 billion to $3 billion of extra income for the FGS a year, and if the energy reserves are included in the Defense pact, Turkey would receive between $450 million to around $900 million a year, give or take from this deal. This would justify for them to pay the upfront costs of establishing an expensive navy the way they did for Turkmenistan, and train a large naval force, a considerable part of which they have already done in the last 5 years, on their own dime. This would also pay for all of the operational costs for their naval presence to protect Somali waters.

We should remember that this deal did not just drop out of the sky. The Farmaajo-Khayre administration had already offered this deal to Erdogan in 2020, and both groups were waiting for the arms-embargo to be lifted, but the UNSC kept extending the embargo year after year until the Farmaajo government’s mandate had expired, yet the deal remained on the table when HSM came into office.

However, even three months ago when the embargo was lifted the political climate was completely different. HSM didn’t have to deal with an expansionist neighbour looking to annex a significant part of his country so boldly, in-fact majority of the so-called analysts said Abiy was targeting Eritrea, so there was no need to sign the pact. In the first half of his term HSM moved closer to other countries, only to brutally realise two years later that their interests were vastly different from his. Today the Somalia-Turkey Defense pact is a reality and operational largely because of what unfolded in the last month and a half, and the fact that it was rushed through so fast tells me that Somalia’s enemies were planning on doing something catastrophic and irreversible in the next two weeks but have been thwarted.

What will happen now is that Turkey will provide the FGS with an immediately available powerful naval component to secure its sovereign waters in the short term, and built its own navy in the long term. Somalia already signed deals with the BIGGEST oil companies in the world, none of them are willing to risk their talent and equipment in an uncertain environment regardless of the potential profits. A reality where Somalia’s waters are fully secure equals a major influx of Foreign Direct Investment.

Initially this will only cover the southern and central offshore Blue Economy of Somalia as Puntland and Somaliland will naturally protest any commercial activity in their waters but oil rigs will eventually land in their waters too, on their terms, once they see the profits coming from the rigs in the south and central regions, but make no mistake this deal prevents all military maritime activity by any country that is not approved by the FGS in Somali waters.

That is a major checkmate against the entities that were betting their future plans on Somalia’s EEZ being a no man’s land. None of them have the capabilities to take on a top 10 NATO-tier Blue Water navy, so HSM has prevented a large chunk of his country being annexed in the short term and put the foundations in place for his successor to have a capable Somali Navy in the long term.

A Defense or Friendship pact can always be rescinded if the other party does not deliver on its promises, we saw this when Somalia kicked out the Soviet Union and all their assets reverted to Somali hands. The difference here being that Somalia is finally invoking its strategic location, natural resources and Blue Economy to its advantage, which makes it vastly more attractive than Ethiopia, even if the latter had a billion plus population.
You are the most truthful and informative guy on this forum when it comes to these topics and I will take your word but I have a question does all this depend on whether or not the president and government remain well behaved and combat corruption?

Aseer

VIP
Notice that Kenyans aren't crying at all. They are way more friendly to the idea of Somalia improving itself. Ruto unlike Abiy or Bixi doesn't seek to undermine Somalia
Yeah but I hope we get the sea they stole from us back.

Aseer

VIP
It is indeed true. This is one of the main reason as to why I previously mentioned that there needs to be more transparency with these types of agreements.

In all honesty, HSM himself hinted at his speech that the MoU is aimed at economic and military cooperation, covering 'piracy, terrorism, illegal fishing, drugs and illegal maritime activities', besides re-building the navy. And that the agreement is not related to Ethiopia at all, i.e. no defence pact.

Anyone with common sense would also know that Turkey would not fight (including defensive) on behalf of Somalia, in particular against Ethiopia, a country with close military and economic partnership. It's simply not in their interests.

That I can understand and I am happy they are neutrally willing to develop our navy and that is all we need to deter external forces and also deter ethiopia.

The sheer misinfo about this deal is insane. I've been seeing so many people claim Somalia is giving away all its maritime resources to Turkey. Like what? I know the full details aren't out but where does it say that Somalia is giving eveything away or that our waters are being sold to them? Sorry if it seems trivial but its annoying to see all over twitter and reddit.

Hassan sheikh thinks isku dir between Ethiopia and turkey will work. A lot of you don’t realize turkey hates this man’s guts. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say they like abiy more than hassan.

Aseer

VIP
Hassan sheikh thinks isku dir between Ethiopia and turkey will work. A lot of you don’t realize turkey hates this man’s guts. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say they like abiy more than hassan.
Why do they hate him?

Why do they hate him?
They trained soldiers for years just for them to be denied wage under his administration. The recent Turkish troops that came back haven’t been paid for 3 months. The ones before them were also done the same way. Imagine getting given counter terrorism training for a year but a mooryan administration taking your money and giving it to ministers.

he also snitched on them to the UN for turkey giving us drones (before embargo was lifted). He allowed an investigation to take place which he shouldn’t have, so they had to distance themselves from Somalia even though they love us or they’d face consequences for giving us that.

IMG_0958.jpeg

Last edited:

IKHALIIL

Suldhaanka
They trained soldiers for years just for them to be denied wage under his administration. The recent Turkish troops that came back haven’t been paid for 3 months. The ones before them were also done the same way.
Why would they hate him when he signed the agreement that made turksom base a reality that was opened a couple of months after he left office in 2017?
How could he deny wages to soldiers that didn't exist months after his term ended?
he also snitched on them to the UN for turkey giving us drones. He allowed an investigation to take place which he shouldn’t have, so they had to distance themselves from Somalia even though they love us or they’d face consequences for giving us that.
Any proof

Why would they hate him when he signed the agreement that made turksom base a reality that was opened a couple of months after he left office in 2017?
How could he deny wages to soldiers that didn't exist months after his term ended?

Any proof
He takes the money for the soldiers and does god knows what with it. Money meant for gorgor getting sent to someone else. Thank you hassan Ali khaire for the biometric systemπŸ™

There was no UN investigation until Hassan gained office.

this is Gorgor and SNA money going elsewhere previous term, same thing is happening now.
IMG_0959.png

Aseer

VIP
They trained soldiers for years just for them to be denied wage under his administration. The recent Turkish troops that came back haven’t been paid for 3 months. The ones before them were also done the same way. Imagine getting given counter terrorism training for a year but a mooryan administration taking your money and giving it to ministers.

he also snitched on them to the UN for turkey giving us drones (before embargo was lifted). He allowed an investigation to take place which he shouldn’t have, so they had to distance themselves from Somalia even though they love us or they’d face consequences for giving us that.

View attachment 317538
Damn, I knew Hassan sheikh is a piece of shit but this right here is downright evil.

Trending