Ethiopia to take stake in Port of Djibouti, its trade gateway -state media

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIP
@Kingcobra Dp world is going to build Virgin Hyperloop Berbera-Addis#
Djibouti monopoly is over start diversifying like Saudi bro or yall will starve.
Easy money is over.

I'd bet my life that's never getting built

The fact that Djibouti had to resort to selling onwership stake in their only strategic asset just to compete with an unrecognized country.

:mjhaps::mjhaps:

They still have the same 67% ownership. They sold some of the dp world stake.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
I'd bet my life that's never getting built

They still have the same 67% ownership. They sold some of the dp world stake.

Nigga both the UAE base and the corridor are being built as we speak. Just because it triggers you doesn't mean it ain't true.:siilaanyolaugh:

Djibouti is currently being sued in international court. Good luck ever finding willing western investors to back your FDI projects after that stunt you guys pulled with DP world.

Thirdly Ethiopia has no interest in being beholden to Djibouti for 100% of its imports. That is a national security issue which it will not accept. This is why Berbera and Port Sudan will be taking big shares of Ethiopian imports that are currently going through Doraleh.

Djibouti got decades head start on the lack of credible competition in the region but those gains will soon be erased. No wonder IOG is acting this desperate and selling stakes in Doraleh. I would not be shocked if even Bosaaso Port gets in on the Ethiopian import action further undercutting you and making Djibouti even more irrelevant.

Cumar

VIP
Kkkk all this proves is that Djibouti is so scared of competition since they aren't used to it.:mjlol:

It must say a lot about them if their continuous point of economic comparison is an unrecognized polity that managed to make a port deal so threatening to their interests that they started selling off state assets.:pachah1::lolbron:

Last edited:

Cumar

VIP

Landers trynna make our deals look similar. Reading isn't hard.

Yeah, your deal is worse from a geopolitical point of view. Djibouti has access to international capital markets and investment funds unlike SL. There was no need to sell any stake, yet you did due to fear of not being able to compete with Berbera.

No amount of mental gymnastics is gonna change that. Keep crying about Berbera though. I enjoy the salt and tears.:hahaidiot:

waraabe

Your superior
kkkkk i predict they will start giving military bases to india and pakistan just to compete with Somaliland

initial traffic diversion to berbera will be 30% gradually moving up to 40%

VIP
Lander calaacal lol

Don't worry our labour force is too small so in 15 years or so we'll provide employment for y'all.

Some people get happy at the thought of something going wrong for Somaliland. It’s like they’re jealous it’s the same people that won’t speak up about the bosaso port deal. This is why it’s not possible for Somalia to come back together. I honestly am in full support of a total warfare and butchering you like we are fighting Ethiopians when the time comes. Munafiqin.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Thanks to Djibouti Berbera port will become a big regional port in the region which was not the plan to begin with..

Their economy will plummet if they do not find alternative economical solutions. You can not rely on just Ethiopia and military bases.

As things are going in 5 years I can see Somaliland surpass Djibouti in overall GDP while being unrecognized if not earlier

Bohol

VIP
Also, we have to keep in mind Djibouti has 3 ports ( Djibouti port, Doraleh port and Toudjorah port) so they have many options.

VIP
Also, we have to keep in mind Djibouti has 3 ports ( Djibouti port, Doraleh port and Toudjorah port) so they have many options.

And a new container terminal will be completed by next year. Landers don't know what they're up against. We'll be servicing nigeria in a decade and a half.

Thanks to Djibouti Berbera port will become a big regional port in the region which was not the plan to begin with..

Their economy will plummet if they do not find alternative economical solutions. You can not rely on just Ethiopia and military bases.

As things are going in 5 years I can see Somaliland surpass Djibouti in overall GDP while being unrecognized if not earlier

You're living in lalaland.

Some people get happy at the thought of something going wrong for Somaliland. It’s like they’re jealous it’s the same people that won’t speak up about the bosaso port deal. This is why it’s not possible for Somalia to come back together. I honestly am in full support of a total warfare and butchering you like we are fighting Ethiopians when the time comes. Munafiqin.

I hope you die of a terrible disease. Pathetic excuse for a human being.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
And a new container terminal will be completed by next year. Landers don't know what they're up against. We'll be servicing nigeria in a decade and a half.

You're living in lalaland.

I hope you die of a terrible disease. Pathetic excuse for a human being.
Lol nothing but the best to Djibouti may they prosper.. but you know they fucked up with DP World.. Completely ruining their own reputation as a country to invest in..

All I said was it is best for them to diversify their economy.. Chill saaxib I am not for the destruction and economical downfall of Djibouti :drakekidding:

Djibouti has three ports while somaliland has a sub par port in which they ship their camels off to Dubai.Somaliland gave away 70% of their only port for "investments" and "free trade corridors".They then preceded giving their largest customer a significant stake in their port.
:manny:
68 IQ I tell u

World

VIP
The fact that Djibouti had to resort to selling onwership stake in their only strategic asset just to compete with an unrecognized country.

:mjhaps::mjhaps:
They didn't give 19 % of their for free like you guys done.

"In return for giving out a share of its port, Djibouti was offered to have a stake in any of the major Ethiopian firms of its choice including Ethiopian Airlines. Djibouti also showed an interest in agricultural activities in Ethiopia."

waraabe

Your superior
no wonder djboo
Djibouti has three ports while somaliland has a sub par port in which they ship their camels off to Dubai.Somaliland gave away 70% of their only port for "investments" and "free trade corridors".They then preceded giving their largest customer a significant stake in their port.
:manny:
68 IQ I tell u

yet its surprisingly doing much better than village badhan, bosaso, kismayo

darod iIQ must be 45

waraabe

Your superior
They didn't give 19 % of their for free like you guys done.

"In return for giving out a share of its port, Djibouti was offered to have a stake in any of the major Ethiopian firms of its choice including Ethiopian Airlines. Djibouti also showed an interest in agricultural activities in Ethiopia."

kid you are emotional and I understand becuase you are my subject but don't let facts get in the way. Ethiopia is diverting 30% of its traffic to berbera, and will fund the port expansion with $80m, more importantly, there is an agreement to expand traffic to 40% once the initial 30% is met. Djbooty is just doing what business smart Somaliland has done. the problem with darod kids is they have no capacity to think critically and logically, it's all emotional arguments, no wonder darod regions are some of the worst in the horn

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
kid you are emotional and I understand becuase you are my subject but don't let facts get in the way. Ethiopia is diverting 30% of its traffic to berbera, and will fund the port expansion with $80m, more importantly, there is an agreement to expand traffic to 40% once the initial 30% is met. Djbooty is just doing what business smart Somaliland has done. the problem with darod kids is they have no capacity to think critically and logically, it's all emotional arguments, no wonder darod regions are some of the worst in the horn
You convinced us @waraabe Your point starts with 'kid you are emotional' continues with 'darod' and ends with 'no capacity to think critically and logically' it would be a crime not to consider you are Socrates reborn. :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts