Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

Arkan

Allahayow ada boqoree beesha nabadee
Major development in Ethiopia: A new district has been formed in the Oromia region named Makaniis (Bekenisa) which borders Somali region's, Faafan Zone and towers over Jigjiga from the North which is less than 10km away and cuts off the largely populated district of Faafan, Awbare district and what evers left of Tuli Guleed from Jigjiga district. Jaarso and Oromo are making big boy moves @GaradShabeel :icon e confused: :icon e surprised:
20230228_195907.jpg

This is detrimental to Cagjars Admin. Jigjiga will be surrounded by Oromia Region from another front. In the grand scheme of things, Jigjiga will head one step closer towards a future of being a Chartered city.

Samaroon are one of the most important pieces on the chess board for Oromia. They've already been enticed by this new district and have now representation inside Oromia now with MPs in the new district of Bekenisa. Lafaciise is only 5km away from this district and is facing injustice by still being regarded as a Kebele -small administrative unit (Qabalay), while Bekenisa, which was also known as a Kebele in the SR when it was still under it has become a district today.

Plus Samaroon are around 10% of the population in Jinacsani but with this new district, we’ll be around 20-30%.

If Cagjar's admin doesn't meet our demands and doesn't establish a Harawo zone, Xerogeel sub-district, Jaare sub-district etc and many city Administrations like Lafaciise in our districts, not only will Jigjiga be a step closer to a chartered city but it will be surrounded by Oromia region from the North, West and East and will in its first time in its history border SL & the internationally recognised Somali national border if our demands are not met and we opt to join Oromia :duckr:

@Araabi @Sophisticate This is great news for Beesha. Crazy leverage against the injustice of SR admin

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi

Just so you can begin to imagine how unbelievably strategic this move is. Jigjiga district has been cut off from large sections of the Awbare district by the new Makanis/Bekenisa district which is part of the Oromo Region mainly inhabited by the Jaarso, Geri and Samaroon. The entire Lafaciise, Heregel, Jarre, Jabsa corridor which is all part of the Awbare district and inhabited by the Samaroon are now all on the border with Oromia. If anyone wants to travel on an unpaved dirt road from Heregel to Jigjiga they must go through Oromia, same as Jaare and other towns in the Awbare district. If not, they have to travel east to Lafaciise and then onto the road to Jigjiga. With one stroke of the pen, the Oromo Regional government have come closer to completely annexing Awbare district. Makanis is a very tiny village, it has no real significance except that it is the gateway into Awdal and the coast. The Oromo regional government will soon have a border with Somaliland. Naturally this announcement will inevitably mean that the Samaroon will be dealing more with the Oromia regional state moving forward.

This is strategically the best move that could have happened to beesha. In order to keep Lafaciise, Jaare and Heregel in DDS there will be competition between different administrations by way of huge concessions. Mark my words, Oromia will border Somaliland soon.

Samaroon will be getting a big number of cabinet seats in the new Oromo district. It's a done deal. Master stroke by the Oromo regional government.

Last edited:

Arkan

Just so you can begin to imagine how unbelievably strategic this move is. Jigjiga district has been cut off from large sections of the Awbare district by the new Makanis/Bekenisa district which is part of the Oromo Region mainly inhabited by the Jaarso, Geri and Samaroon. The entire Lafaciise, Heregel, Jarre, Jabsa corridor which is all part of the Awbare district and inhabited by the Samaroon are now all on the border with Oromia. If anyone wants to travel on an unpaved dirt road from Heregel to Jigjiga they must go through Oromia, same as Jaare and other towns in the Awbare district. If not, they have to travel east to Lafaciise and then onto the road to Jigjiga. With one stroke of the pen, the Oromo Regional government have come closer to completely annexing Awbare district. Makanis is a very tiny village, it has no real significance except that it is the gateway into Awdal and the coast. The Oromo regional government will soon have a border with Somaliland. Naturally this announcement will inevitably mean that the Samaroon will be dealing more with the Oromia regional state moving forward.

This is strategically the best move that could have happened to beesha. In order to keep Awbare district there will be competition between different administrations.
Hopefully we can co-operate with the Oromo who were culturally alike on a mass scale. Economic integration of the farming communities is very much needed.

Major development in Ethiopia: A new district has been formed in the Oromia region named Makaniis (Bekenisa) which borders Somali region's, Faafan Zone and towers over Jigjiga from the North which is less than 10km away and cuts off what evers left of Tuli Guleed from Jigjiga district. Jaarso are making big boy moves @GaradShabeel :icon e confused: :icon e surprised:View attachment 257367

This is detrimental to Cagjars Admin. Jigjiga will be surrounded by Oromia Region from another front. In the grand scheme of things, Jigjiga will head one step closer towards a future of being a Chartered city.

Samaroon are the last piece on the chess board for Oromia. They've already been enticed by this new district and have now representation inside Oromia now with MPs in the new district of Bekenisa. Lafaciise is only 5km away from this district and is facing injustice by still being regarded as a Kebele -small administrative unit (Qabalay), while Bekenisa, which was also known as a Kebele in the SR when it was still under it has become a district today.

Plus we're around 10% of the population in Jinacsani but with this new district, we’ll be around 20-30%.

If Cagjar doesn't meet our demands and doesn't establish a Harawo zone, Xerogeel sub-district, Jaare sub-district, and many city Administrations like Lafaciise in their districts, not only will Jigjiga be a step closer to a chartered city but it will be surrounded by Oromia region from the North, West and East and will in its first time in its history border the internationally recognised Somali national border.

@Araabi @Sophisticate This is great news for Beesha. Crazy leverage against the injustice of SR admin

Balaayo! Waa inkaar waxaan. A final nail in the coffin. :damn:

Please to every single one of y'all, who came for me in every thread I spoke about our situation. Come in here, and tell me about the scaremongering I was talking about.

I said this from the get-go, when Geris where being blamed for the conflicts between us. Back then I said, we (especially those ended on the Oromo side) accepted the results of the referendum, but those remaining in DDS are the ones trying to cause problems and the fightings has one objective. To incorporate ALL of our land into Oromia.

Given how quiet Cagjar has been on the border issues, I knew this was coming very soon. The panic it's causing right now amongs us... Wallahi, wa cadaab on earth. I'm literally speechless... The existential crisis we've been speaking about since forever. Great news to some, and detrimental to others. It will not the end for us, but Inshallah we will maneuver this somehow. :jcoleno:

Last edited:
This new district who’s the majority? If samaroon are 20% who’s the other clan? This is how somali clans are killed off slowly and taken over by oromo farmers. First you sort of tell yourself you’ll get good representation in the oromo admin then boom when things don’t go your way there’s no way you can fight off the oromo. Cagjar or any dds president will not give a f if a clan wants to leave his admin it will just be another position his sub clan will get that you left vacant, this is how they think.

Awdalite

Araabi
Hopefully we can co-operate with the Oromo who were culturally alike on a mass scale. Economic integration of the farming communities is very much needed.

The announcement of this district wasn't as strategically done for Jaarso as much as it was for Samaroon. The whole point is to entice Samaroon. The Jaarso were already sold. Bekenis is a tiny village surrounded by small mountains now at the district level bordering 3 main Samaroon towns was chosen strategically. This was done to establish a future border with Somaliland. Honestly master stroke by the Oromo regional government.

Awdalite

Araabi
Balaayo! Waa inkaar waxaan. A final nail in the coffin. :damn:

Please to every single one of y'all, who came for me in every thread I spoke about our situation. Come in here, and tell me about the scaremongering I was talking about.

I said this from the get-go, when Geris where being blamed for the conflicts between us. Back then I said, we (especially those ended on the Oromo side) accepted the results of the referendum, but those remaining in DDS are the ones trying to cause problems and the fightings has one objective. To incorporate ALL of our land into Oromia.

Given how quite Cagjar has been on the border issues, I knew this was coming very soon. The panic it's causing right now amongs us... Wallahi, wa cadaab on earth. I'm literally speechless... The existential crisis we've been speaking about since forever. Great news to some, and detrimental to other. It will not the end for us, but Inshallah we will maneuver this somehow. :jcoleno:

Garad you were right. This time it's too late. This one was a master stroke. This district cuts through Jigjiga and encloses Lafaciise and the Awbare district. We're now closer to the Oromo Zone than Jigjiga.

Cagjar must have been asleep.

The announcement of this district wasn't as strategically done for Jaarso as much as it was for Samaroon. The whole point is to entice Samaroon. The Jaarso were already sold. Bekenis is a tiny village surrounded by small mountains now at the district level bordering 3 main Samaroon towns was chosen strategically. This was done to establish a future border with Somaliland. Honestly master stroke by the Oromo regional government.

100%. Waan sheegay waxan ka hor, and I'll say it again. The ball is on you court, living east of us. Whatever you guys decide on, will determine the future of whether Oromia will border SL/Somalia.

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
This new district who’s the majority? If samaroon are 20% who’s the other clan? This is how somali clans are killed off slowly and taken over by oromo farmers. First you sort of tell yourself you’ll get good representation in the oromo admin then boom when things don’t go your way there’s no way you can fight off the oromo. Cagjar or any dds president will not give a f if a clan wants to leave his admin it will just be another position his sub clan will get that you left vacant, this is how they think.

Jaarso are the majority. However this district was named to entice the Samaroon. No other reason why a small village would be given district status by Oromia. This district includes entire Samaroon villages bordering Lafaciise, Jaare and Heregel.

Awdalite

Araabi
100%. Waan sheegay waxaan ka hor, an I'll say it again. The ball is on you court, living east of us. Whatever you guys decide on, will determine the future of whether Oromia will border SL/Somalia.

It's over for DDSI as far as I'm concerned. Jigjiga will be surrounded on three sides by Oromia. It's too late now. Successive Somali administrations made the clans hate eachother. The Oromo regional government will get their road to Saylac by hook or by crook. If they hold our roads, infrastructure and develop our region then by all means I don't give a damn about Somalinimo. Give me whoever will help our region develop.

Garad you were right. This time it's too late. This one was a master stroke. This district cuts through Jigjiga and encloses Lafaciise and the Awbare district. We're now closer to the Oromo Zone than Jigjiga.

Cagjar must have been asleep.

Laakin, there are still possibilities if we look at the legal aspect. I don't know all of the districts, where the the "new" border was decided on.

But the former Jinacsani Woreda/district (which at the time included Tuli Guleed) was split between Oromia and DDS, with 40-ish Kebles/villages each. After they left. the Tuli Guleed Woreda was created for the remaining Kebles in DDS.

Based on this new region, it includes those kebles who chose to remain in DDS. So technically if the DDS gov't is serious and decides to take legal action, it will still fall to our favour. But the problem is that despite the results, they handed over all 80-ish to Oromia, even as the results indicating otherwise. So now Oromia are free to do as they wish. We've had little hope from DDS gov'ts to do anything to solve our matter, who've done nothing for us.
:lawd::francis:

Garaad diinle

 
More information is needed. Is this a military take over or is there negotiation under way? Where is the somali elders? Where is the somali voice on the ground? Is the ethiopian government involved? What would this mean to other neighbouring somalis would they get attacked if they became cut off?

It's one thing after another somalis doesn't seem to get a break. An attack from one place followed by an attack on another place. These land hungry vultures always salivating waiting for a moment to strike. Was the idea of somali galbeed a way to slowly depopulate the native somalis in the long run or perhaps erase their somali identity?

Arkan

They're using/used Jaarso to get to us knowing how close we are with them. Smart move. :hmm:
The dhoqon apesame Cagjar is breaking DDSI apart
We got the leverage to make or break the SR state. We want our Xaqq and won't be resorting to beggery like this anymore
Bare in mind that is one of our major Suldaans telling Cagjar stories and trying to get him to give us more recognition. If he just done as we demanded, Oromos wouldn't be using Jaarso to entice us and make us seek them out for justice.

These are our real enemies while we fight over pity clans, I can't believe that Cagjar coward has any support at all. He is a puppet of Oromos. At least for all the "bad" that Abdi Iley did, he was making Oromos and Afars stayed in their place. Cagjar doesn't even own a single house in DDS, his kids and family are in Nairobi's gated community. He could've develop every region equally but chooses to bend over for Oromos and allow them into inter-Somali clan politics while letting Amhara work jobs in Jijgas and Dire Dawa

Oromos are literally using divide and conquer tactics on Somalis, how is this even possible?

Arkan

Cut out this nonsense.

Anyway, Cagjar already took the only thing that was valuable that we had in Maamulka Jigjiga, which was a seat there. So what is it that we will leave vacant?

Last edited:
Apparently even the so called jaarso are refused for the top positions due to being somali and not enough oromo. The karanle who joined in 2004 can’t find jobs in oromiya admin and are discriminated by the adama/nazareth admin. 50 million oromos that don’t know qabiil are left to decide if you’ll be given a position or mashruuc and the Somalis always lose it for being somali.

There are clans in guradhamoole in libaan who have been fighting off oromo admin and their farmers who want to cross over and take it by force the lush farms owned by the Somalis. The Oromo there have been trying but are killed in every single attack sometimes using thousands of oromiya liyu police to attack. Never seen this clans threatening we will join oromo if we don’t get what we want. They’re choosing for their kids to come to live under people who hate them for what they’re. If all the clans around jigjiga went with oromo Cagjar and every single coming president will be more happy bc it will be less noise and appeasing.

Attachments

• 5A4378C2-377C-4DB0-8758-CB7057BCA9FD.jpeg
    5A4378C2-377C-4DB0-8758-CB7057BCA9FD.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 4E57BEEC-6567-4087-B65B-98A59A72692E.jpeg
    4E57BEEC-6567-4087-B65B-98A59A72692E.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 107
  • C2A8A55A-7884-4C6E-BA9D-7F19CDB10E3B.jpeg
    C2A8A55A-7884-4C6E-BA9D-7F19CDB10E3B.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 113
More information is need it. Is this a military take over or is there negotiation under way? Where is the somali elders? Where is the somali voice on the ground? Is the ethiopian government involved? What would this mean to other neighbouring somalis would they be attacked if they became cut off?

It's one thing after another somalis doesn't seem to get a break. An attack from one place followed by an attack on another place. These land hungry vultures always salivating waiting for a moment to strike. Was the idea of somali galbeed a way to slowly depopulate the native somalis in the long run or perhaps erase their somali identity?

These people don't care about Somalinimo. People often say that it's only the case in Somalia due to the historical and political past, but it's the same in DDS even though we've had peace among most clans.

A war will happen right infront of you, and the clan next door will stay out of it, at maximum issue condolences if people dies (rarely), because it has nothing to do with them.

As far as negotiations, why would there be any need for it. Nothing of such is needed in Ethiopia. Like I said, all of these areas were handed to Oromia, despite half of it choosing to remain in DDS. And DDS gov'ts will not do anything, either stay quiet or subtly play along. Which is what Cagjar has been doing.

Skärmavbild 2023-02-28 kl. 22.29.24.png

Last edited:
These people don't care about Somalinimo. People often that it's only the case in Somalia due to the historical and political past, but it's the same in DDS even though we've had peace among most clans.

A war will happen right infront of you, and the clan next door will stay out of it, at maximum issue condolences is people dies (rarely), because it has nothing to do with them.

As far as negotiations, why would there be any need for it. Nothing of such is needed in Ethiopia. Like I said, all of these areas were handed to Oromia, despite half of it choosing to remain. And DDS gov'ts will not do anything, either stay quiet or subtly play along.

View attachment 257379
Dds needs to fight for those people who chose to stay let those other ones get eaten by the oromo until they feel the pain. Am hearing baabile Somalis are making moves to come back to the somali state but it’s very hard.

Awdalite

Araabi
Laakin, there are still possibilities if we look at the legal aspect. I don't know all of the districts, where the the "new" border was decided on.

But the former Jinacsani Woreda/district (which at the time included Tuli Guleed) was split between Oromia and DDS, with 40-ish Kebles/villages each. After they left. the Tuli Guleed Woreda was created for the remaining Kebles in DDS.

Based on this new region, it includes those kebles who chose to remain in DDS. So technically if the DDS gov't is serious and decides to take legal action, it will still fall to our favour. But the problem is that despite the results, they handed over all 80-ish to Oromia, even as the results indicating otherwise. So now Oromia are free to do as they wish. We've had little hope from DDS gov'ts to do anything to solve our matter, who've done nothing for us.
:lawd::francis:

The new Bekenis district has been carved out of the old Jinacsani district. So it was always part of the Oromo regional government, however the amazing thing about this new district is:

1) It cuts off Jigjiga from Awdal, it skirts Lafaciise to the east and Heregel and Jaare to the north. .
2) It incorporates a big portion of Samaroon territory to justify giving inclusion and incorporation of the Samaroon into Oromia (the previous Jinacsani district had to focus mainly on giving the Jarso cabinet seats)
3) It is strategically placed for any future incorporation of the land bordering Somaliland in alignment with Saylac.

This was such a brilliantly thought out decision that with one stroke of the pen the entire future of DDS is in peril.

Trending

Latest posts