Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

Dds needs to fight for those people who chose to stay let those other ones get eaten by the oromo until they feel the pain. Am hearing baabile Somalis are making moves to come back to the somali state but it’s very hard.

Agreed. Again, it may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I don't care. And this is what all of our relatives believes in as well. Odaygaas Cagjar ma aaminsano goboolada qowmiyadeed. Dacaad ayeey iga tahay. He's sold on the concept of Ethiopian unity and his party PP believes in abolishing ethnic federalism. Then the question becomes, why doesn't he stand up or at least try to find peaceful solutions to the border "disputes" with Afar and Oromia? Or just enforce the results on the referendum? But since he does not agree to the concept of ethnic federalism, why would he do so? And mark my words, he WILL never do it either.

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
Cut out this nonsense.

Anyway, Cagjar already took the only thing that was valuable that we had in Maamulka Jigjiga, which was a Ministerial position. So what is it that we will leave vacant?

We always had one traditional seat in the Jigjiga local council. Last year Cagjar named one clan exclusively as PP candidates excluding some of the local non Darood clans. This was a huge slap in the face. This was a traditional seat ever since the Haile Selassie days. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

The new Bekenis district has been carved out of the old Jinacsani district. So it was always part of the Oromo regional government, however the amazing thing about this new district is:

1) It cuts off Jigjiga from Awdal, it skirts Lafaciise to the east and Heregel and Jaare to the north. .
2) It incorporates a big portion of Samaroon territory to justify giving inclusion and incorporation of the Samaroon into Oromia (the previous Jinacsani district had to focus mainly on giving the Jarso cabinet seats)
3) It is strategically placed for any future incorporation of the land bordering Somaliland in alignment with Saylac.

This was such a brilliantly thought out decision that with one stroke of the pen the entire future of DDS is not in peril.
Can you sketch up a map to give us a visual of what it looks like

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
They're using/used Jaarso to get to us knowing how close we are with them. Smart move. :hmm:

We got the leverage to make or break the SR state. We want our Xaqq and won't be resorting to beggery like this anymore
Bare in mind that is one of our major Suldaans telling Cagjar stories and trying to get him to give us more recognition. If he just done as we demanded, Oromos wouldn't be using Jaarso to entice us and make us seek them out for justice.

Now his hand will be forced by hook or by crook. He will either come crawling to give out what he refused in the past or he can enjoy a Jigjiga that is bordered by Oromia on every side.

The new Bekenis district has been carved out of the old Jinacsani district. So it was always part of the Oromo regional government, however the amazing thing about this new district is:

1) It cuts off Jigjiga from Awdal, it skirts Lafaciise to the east and Heregel and Jaare to the north. .
2) It incorporates a big portion of Samaroon territory to justify giving inclusion and incorporation of the Samaroon into Oromia (the previous Jinacsani district had to focus mainly on giving the Jarso cabinet seats)
3) It is strategically placed for any future incorporation of the land bordering Somaliland in alignment with Saylac.

This was such a brilliantly thought out decision that with one stroke of the pen the entire future of DDS is in peril.

You're right about the advantages it means for you guys. And I'm completely aware of that it was part of the old Jinacsani District as Tuli Guled also was. But the question still remains, does this new district includes the kebles who decided to join Oromia or remain in DDS? If it's the latter, there are still possibilities of keeping it within DDS if a new gov't with common sense comes to power. Even though I don't trust that anyone would be willing to stand up for us. :farmajoyaab:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
They're using/used Jaarso to get to us knowing how close we are with them. Smart move. :hmm:

We got the leverage to make or break the SR state. We want our Xaqq and won't be resorting to beggery like this anymore
Bare in mind that is one of our major Suldaans telling Cagjar stories and trying to get him to give us more recognition. If he just done as we demanded, Oromos wouldn't be using Jaarso to entice us and make us seek them out for justice.
Qoti, what leverage do you have besides claiming Oromo? Even if you try we will not let you leave Abiy and Oromia is dealing with Amxaaro unrest and dont have time to engage with your foolery

I want everyone to remember this face of “Dir” next time you ciyaal argue about these people being Somali :sitdown:

This was such a brilliantly thought out decision that with one stroke of the pen the entire future of DDS is in peril.
Now his hand will be forced by hook or by crook. He will either come crawling to give out what he refused in the past or he can enjoy a Jigjiga that is bordered by Oromia on every side.
This is such a cope. You actually think anyone would join Oromia because they didnt get a local council seat in Jigjiga. lol.

All of Sitti and Awdal could join Oromia and SR wouldnt be in peril. I get that its easier to say all this and pretend its a 500 iq play then admit these confederate Dirs backfired and things are going really bad for Dir right now.

Awdalite

Araabi
Can you sketch up a map to give us a visual of what it looks like
Screenshot_20230228_215610_Maps.jpg

This is a very rough sketch. But have a look. The red line is showing what a new Bekenis district will look like based on the old Jinacsani district. The old Jinacsani district borders which are also regional borders will literally skirt the outskirts of Lafaciise to the east and Jaare and Heregel to it's north. The reason why a new district here is so significant is because it is designed to cut Jigjiga off completely and to also incorporate the Samaroon inhabited regions. There is no other explanation. They can now bypass Jigjiga to the coast.

Here is a larger map of the district area:
ETH_oromia_misraqharerge_chinaksen_adm1_divs.png

He doesn't care and frankly would even want it. The reason for the war in January was him handing over territory to Oromia for them to construct a dam when you leave Jigjiga to the west, the road that leads you Tuli Guleed. Already then was he willing to had over control to Oromia (even though it wasn't formally), what make you think that he will appease you guys, when he has close relationship with the Oromo state? (Not that I don't think that you deserve representation, just from his POV)

Qoti, what leverage do you have besides claiming Oromo? Even if you try we will not let you leave Abiy and Oromia is dealing with Amxaaro unrest and dont have time to engage with your foolery

I want everyone to remember this face of “Dir” next time you ciyaal argue about these people being Somali :sitdown:

This is such a cope. You actually think anyone would join Oromia because they didnt get a local council seat in Jigjiga. lol.

All of Sitti and Awdal could join Oromia and SR wouldnt be in peril. I get that its easier to say all this and pretend its a 500 iq play then admit these confederate Dirs backfired and things are going really bad for Dir right now.
Instead of adding anything worthy of substance, you resorted to insults and flex your fake bravado while your Caasimad is in imminent danger of being usurped if we make a power move :mjlol: When it's already 40% non-somali

Stay in denial.

Even if you try we will not let you leave Abiy and Oromia is dealing with Amxaaro unrest and dont have time to engage with your foolery
Sure pal, Oromia had time to debate about it in their parliament though...which @Araabi posted above.

We will not you leave kulaha kkkk. How will you able to stop a referendum if it came to that

View attachment 257384

This is a very rough sketch. But have a look. The red line is showing what a new Bekenis district will look like based on the old Jinacsani district. The old Jinacsani district borders which are also regional borders will literally skirt the outskirts of Lafaciise to the east and Jaare and Heregel to it's north. The reason why a new district here is so significant is because it is designed to cut Jigjiga off completely and to also incorporate the Samaroon inhabited regions. There is no other explanation. They can now bypass Jigjiga to the coast.

Here is a larger map of the district area:
View attachment 257388

That's a bit of a strech tbh. Maybe if it only includes the town of Bekenisa and some of its neighbouring areas, as we live next to it and I don't think it will be allowed by the local residents. But we'll see.

Also Tuli Guleed isn't just the city of Tuli Guleed. The war in January took place in Marar, which is where the dam is being built. And stretches to almost the city of Jinacsani. We also live on east and southeast of Tuli Guleed city.

Tuli Guleed is not cut of from Jigijiga. In fact a new road is underway connecting to Jigjiga.

Skärmavbild 2023-02-28 kl. 23.13.48.png

Awdalite

Araabi

Hard cap. Abiy Ahmed was most likely the one who sanctioned this new district that was announced by the Oromo regional state. It has to have had federal sanction before it was announced and I know you probably don't understand the implications which is not surprising given the fact that all you do is engage in FKD and bring nothing substantial.

Garaad diinle

 
You're right about the advantages it means for you guys. And I'm completely aware of that it was part of the old Jinacsani District as Tuli Guled also was. But the question still remains, does this new district includes the kebles who decided to join Oromia or remain in DDS? If it's the latter, there are still possibilities of keeping it within DDS if a new gov't with common sense comes to power. Even though I don't trust that anyone would be willing to stand up for us. :farmajoyaab:
In regard to dds i don't think any future government would be any different from the current one. The dds government is a puppet government and cagjar was chosen because of his pro ethiopia attitude. If he was pro somali region he would've been replaced with another puppet.

Ethiopia dad ma raabto dhul a raabta somali galbeed was nothing more than a ploy to buy time to slowly take over some lands. Somalis were never seen as part of the country but always viewed as others. Judging from the somali civil war the future disillusion of ethiopia would be very violent especially in the border areas.

Abaq

VIP
Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. OG nacayb will lead these people to their own destruction. Today, they are happy to join Oromia just to get away from OG. Tomorrow, when the Oromo start evicting them from the very lands they are handing over today, they will cry "Soomaaliyeey!!! Waa na la xasuuqayey!!!". No matter how bad things might be under OG, OG don't want your land whereas Oromo do. You reap what you sow.

Awdalite

Araabi
That's a bit of a strech tbh. Maybe if it only includes the town of Bekenisa and some of its neighbouring areas, as we live next to it and I don't think it will be allowed by the local residents. But we'll see.

Also Tuli Guleed isn't just the city of Tuli Guleed. The war in January took place in Marar, which is where the dam is being built. And stretches to almost the city of Jinacsani. We also live on east and southeast of Tuli Guleed city.

Tuli Guleed is not cut of from Jigijiga.

View attachment 257391

It really isn't. Look at the old Jinacsani district map.
ETH_oromia_misraqharerge_chinaksen_adm1_divs.png

The most eastern corner of the red to the east is Lafaciise, north west of that is Hergel and Jaare. And what is even more significant is placing a fully functioning district in the corner facing towards Awdal. Master stroke is what I call it.

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. OG nacayb will lead these people to their own destruction. Today, they are happy to join Oromia just to get away from OG. Tomorrow, when the Oromo start evicting them from the very lands they are handing over today, they will cry "Soomaaliyeey!!! Waa na la xasuuqayey!!!". No matter how bad things might be under OG, OG don't want your land whereas Oromo do. You reap what you sow.
We're trying to get away from economic injustice and economic stagnation that we have faced for so long. Why do you equate that to Ogaden nacayb?

It's interesting how your mind works

Awdalite

Araabi
We're trying to get away from economic injustice and economic stagnation that we have faced for so long. Why do you equate that to Ogaden naceyb?

It's ok to oppose injustice if you're from Laascaanood and SL, but if you're in DDS it's called Ogaden nacayb.

It really isn't. Look at the old Jinacsani district map.
View attachment 257392

The most eastern corner of the red to the east is Lafaciise, north west of that is Hergel and Jaare. And what is even more significant is placing a fully functioning district in the corner facing towards Awdal. Master stroke is what I call it.

We've misunderstood each other. I wasn't referring to the old Jinacsani district, as thats self-evident. But more so specific kebles and what kebles this new district will include and where we live etc., as well as how some mentioned that Tuli Guleed will be cut of from Jigjiga, which isn't accurate.

To add on it, just because our entire land has been included to Oromia doesn't mean that they control us. The road you take when you leave Jigjiga northwestwards is either through Jinacsani or Tuli Guleed. And the latter is which we control and live as the majority in, in all towns leading up to Tuli Guleed city.

Awdalite

Araabi
We've misunderstood each other. I wasn't referring to the old Jinacsani district, as thats self-evident. But more so the specific kebles and what kebles this new district will include and where we live etc., as well as how some mentioned that Tuli Guleed will be cut of from Jigjiga, which isn't accurate.

I honestly don't see how Tuli Guleed can have a direct connection with Jigjiga when Bekanis and the new Jinacsani district are both in Oromia. Unless there is a specific corridor that wiggles around Oromia, it will not be possible. X marks where Bekenis is:

upload_2019-1-3_19-33-44.png

Bear in mind the old Jinacsani district already bordered Lafaciise, Heregel and Jaare. So the only way is that if the new district is cut off from the rest if the Jinacsani district.

It's ok to oppose injustice if you're from Laascaanood and SL, but if you're in DDS it's called Ogaden nacayb.
Double standards weeyi.

We live in a State where this is considered a Kebele and actual Kebeles with a couple huts are considered districts. This is plain Dulmi.

If it was them on our side of things, they'd be infuriated.

Abaq

VIP
We're trying to get away from economic injustice and economic stagnation that we have faced for so long. Why do you equate that to Ogaden nacayb?

OK but what will you say tomorrow when the Oromo start coming for your farms and homes? Because we both know they will and no Liyu Police will be there to save you.

Trending