Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

I honestly don't see how Tuli Guleed can have a direct connection with Jigjiga when Bekanis and the new Jinacsani district are both in Oromia. Unless there is a specific corridor that wiggles around Oromia, it will not be possible. X marks where Bekenis is:

View attachment 257395

You're right when you look at the map. Since the referendum all of our land (Geri and Jarso) has been included in Oromia, despite only half of it being the results of the referendum.

With that said, we've still remained under DDS authority. And most of our land is still within DDS. Obviously, there are still some Jarso left in DDS, which is where most of this has taken place.

This is one of the main road used from Tuli Guleed city, through Tuli Guleed district, to Jigjiga. In fact, the road is being updated as we speak.

You may remember how the fightings in January took place in Marar (which also then was referred to Tuli Guleed). That's majority Geri, from the city of Tuli Guleed until you reach the outskirt of Jigjiga.

Skärmavbild 2023-02-28 kl. 23.34.09.png
Skärmavbild 2023-02-28 kl. 23.34.47.png

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
We've misunderstood each other. I wasn't referring to the old Jinacsani district, as thats self-evident. But more so specific kebles and what kebles this new district will include and where we live etc., as well as how some mentioned that Tuli Guleed will be cut of from Jigjiga, which isn't accurate.

To add on it, just because our entire land has been included to Oromia doesn't mean that they control us. The road you take when you leave Jigjiga northwestwards is either through Jinacsani or Tuli Guleed. And the latter is which we control and live as the majority in, in all towns leading up to Tuli Guleed city.
Screenshot_20230228_223314_Drive.jpg

You're actually right. Tuli has a direct road to Jigjiga. The new Bekenis district is cut off separately from the rest of the old Jinacsani district as you can see. It cuts off Jigjiga from the direct routes to important Samaroon towns like Jaare, Heregel and Lafaciise.

What a master stroke naming this as a district.

View attachment 257398

You're actually right. Tuli has a direct road to Jigjiga. The new Bekenis district is cut off separately from the rest of the old Jinacsani district as you can see. It cuts off Jigjiga from the direct routes to important Samaroon towns like Jaare, Heregel and Lafaciise.

What a master stroke naming this as a district.

What's the map you use and the dark red lines supposed to indicate? The borders Oromo region controls or they claim? It looks very odd.

OK but what will you say tomorrow when the Oromo start coming for your farms and homes? Because we both know they will and no Liyu Police will be there to save you.
We're not like Jaarso or any of the others groups who didn't really have anything major to offer and certainly didn't have continous land that spans into another country to fall back on.

One thing Oromo want is access to the sea and we have that in Awdal. Doing anything counter-productive will just make them lose that access...:mybusiness:

Last edited:
The dark red lines are regional borders that separate the Somali Region from Oromia

It doesn't make sense tho. The more I look at it, the more inaccurate it seems. It could be borders they claim.

For example Merar is included in Oromia. When they wanted to build the dam, they had to (and did) get permission from DDS authorities, since it was supposed taking place inside DDS. Not for a power-sharing agreements (which haven't happened yet).

Some of the areas where I have relatives, are included, which there are no presence of Oromia or Oromo authorities. All of our affairs are done through DDS administrations/authorities.

The road I was speaking about is largely included in Oromia, when it doesn't reflect the reality on the ground. The DDS administration is currently building/upgrading a road there.

Even the city of Tuli Guleed, the main area of ours, is totally surrounded from east and west, and the city itself look very tiny on that map, that excludes a significant part of its surroundings.

To be frank, I'm very unsure of that map, even as I look for other details. :cosbyhmm:

Awdalite

Araabi
It doesn't make sense tho. The more I look at it, the more inaccurate it seems. It could be borders they claim.

For example Merar is included in Oromia. When they wanted to build the dam, they had to (and did) get permission from DDS authorities, since it was supposed taking place inside DDS. Not for a power-sharing agreements (which haven't happened yet).

Some of the areas where I have relatives & have farms, are included which there are no presence of Oromia or Oromo authorities. All of our affairs are done through DDS administrations/authorities.

The road I was speaking about is largely included in Oromia, when it doesn't reflect the reality on the ground. The DDS administration is currently building/upgrading a road there.

Even the city of Tuli Guleed, the main area of ours, is totally surrounded from east and west, and the city itself look very tiny on that map, that excludes a significant part of its surroundings.

To be frank, I'm very unsure of that map, even as I look for other details. :cosbyhmm:

This map isn't entirely accurate. It has some serious errors. However the only reason why I used it was because it showed disjointed territories in a regional administration which is why Tuli Guleed still has a direct road to Jigjiga. However immediately east of it is the cut off point because it is where the new district lies and where the old Jinacsani district reached.

We're not like Jaarso or any of the others groups who didn't really have anything major to offer and certainly didn't have continous land that spans into another country to fall back on.

One thing Oromo want is access to the sea and we have that in Awdal. Doing anything counter-productive will just make them lose that access...:mybusiness:
Isse with a country and Djibouti-Ethiopia railway line is a third citizen in dire dawa and can’t do jackshit what makes you think samaroon will be any stronger ? what do you have other than some farms that will benefit oromo qooti families. 😂

It’s seems crazy to me that somali state can just loose land like that to oromos. Has opposite ever happens and oromos joined somali state?

It’s seems crazy to me that somali state can just loose land like that to oromos. Has opposite ever happens and oromos joined somali state?
Oromo don’t have qabiil identity like the Somalis. Some Somali clans would rather join Israel than not have a wasiir in the government. I would rather be in a state where am known as qabiil hebel than a “somali”. These somali clans joining oromo sre not quickly adopting and won’t be erasing their somali identity for the next 100 years so they’ll struggle for rights and might even lose their homes and farms to oromo.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Instead of adding anything worthy of substance, you resorted to insults and flex your fake bravado while your Caasimad is in imminent danger of being usurped if we make a power move :mjlol: When it's already 40% non-somali

Stay in denial.

Sure pal, Oromia had time to debate about it in their parliament though...which @Araabi posted above.

We will not you leave kulaha kkkk. How will you able to stop a referendum if it came to that
Hard cap. Abiy Ahmed was most likely the one who sanctioned this new district that was announced by the Oromo regional state. It has to have had federal sanction before it was announced and I know you probably don't understand the implications which is not surprising given the fact that all you do is engage in FKD and bring nothing substantial.
“Substantial” “hard cap” “denial”, this is an example of the Dir brain at work. Saaxib this thread is Oromos announcing a district in a non-continuous isolated land that is your clan territory and all you have to say is “masterful strokes” “were really gonna get the Ogaden in a chokehold now”.

Firstly what corridor does this have us “cut off” from, secondly this does not question Jigjiga who even if 99.9% foreign would be filled with Oromo hating Amxaar, thirdly Makaniis is isolated and has no direct access to Oromia let alone Awdal and isnt this the land that was already in dispute from 2004/2005 how is this even a new development or gaining of ground.

The fact that your trying to pass this on as a Samaroon RealPolitik on here is whats killing me these two accounts are probably run by one Jaarso Qoti hybrid.

Some of the areas where I have relatives, are included, which there are no presence of Oromia or Oromo authorities. All of our affairs are done through DDS administrations/authorities.

You should have been unsure once they posted their 3rd map :drakekidding:

Abaq

VIP

That’s what all of them thought before they were evicted from their land. Oromo want your land all the way to Saylac and they will take it bit by bit. It’s a shame you guys don’t understand this. At the end of the day, whether you guys stay or not won’t affect me or my tribe, but I hope you guys know what you are doing

Just so you can begin to imagine how unbelievably strategic this move is. Jigjiga district has been cut off from large sections of the Awbare district by the new Makanis/Bekenisa district which is part of the Oromo Region mainly inhabited by the Jaarso, Geri and Samaroon. The entire Lafaciise, Heregel, Jarre, Jabsa corridor which is all part of the Awbare district and inhabited by the Samaroon are now all on the border with Oromia. If anyone wants to travel on an unpaved dirt road from Heregel to Jigjiga they must go through Oromia, same as Jaare and other towns in the Awbare district. If not, they have to travel east to Lafaciise and then onto the road to Jigjiga. With one stroke of the pen, the Oromo Regional government have come closer to completely annexing Awbare district. Makanis is a very tiny village, it has no real significance except that it is the gateway into Awdal and the coast. The Oromo regional government will soon have a border with Somaliland. Naturally this announcement will inevitably mean that the Samaroon will be dealing more with the Oromia regional state moving forward.

This is strategically the best move that could have happened to beesha. In order to keep Lafaciise, Jaare and Heregel in DDS there will be competition between different administrations by way of huge concessions. Mark my words, Oromia will border Somaliland soon.

Samaroon will be getting a big number of cabinet seats in the new Oromo district. It's a done deal. Master stroke by the Oromo regional government.
Makhanis is Oromo expansion let’s declare war on them

Awdalite

Araabi
“Substantial” “hard cap” “denial”, this is an example of the Dir brain at work. Saaxib this thread is Oromos announcing a district in a non-continuous isolated land that is your clan territory and all you have to say is “masterful strokes” “were really gonna get the Ogaden in a chokehold now”.

Firstly what corridor does this have us “cut off” from, secondly this does not question Jigjiga who even if 99.9% foreign would be filled with Oromo hating Amxaar, thirdly Makaniis is isolated and has no direct access to Oromia let alone Awdal and isnt this the land that was already in dispute from 2004/2005 how is this even a new development or gaining of ground.

The fact that your trying to pass this on as a Samaroon RealPolitik on here is whats killing me these two accounts are probably run by one Jaarso Qoti hybrid.

You should have been unsure once they posted their 3rd map :drakekidding:

The cope is undefeated. I thought about your emotional state and intended to soften the blow by claiming it was a non continuous piece of territory with the intention to safeguard your mental well being. Ehh who cares. The reality on the ground is that it is absolutely a continuous piece for territory and guess what? Tuli Guleed itself is cut off aswell. Just incase you needed some evidence. This is the real map of Jinacsani district which includes Makanis and Jinacsani central. Where is the disconnect?
ETH_oromia_misraqharerge_chinaksen_adm1_divs.png

ETH_oromia_misraqharerge_chinaksen_adm3.png

It's only the Somali regional government who hasn't broken the bad news to their constituents yet for obvious reasons, they have absolutely no power to do anything about it. But they'll soon find out themselves when Cagjar defaults on his development plans anywhere outside of a few kilometres near Jigjiga.
Makanis is the easternmost part of old Jinacsani, it is completely connected to Jinacsani central.

Hilarious how you use the third map as a coping strategy completely ignoring all the other maps that were also provided. Don't rely on my therapeutic interventions to keep you sane in an otherwise depressing situation for you, reality tends to hit really hard. And trust me I know this region way more than you do. Jigjiga is isolated and will have lost the most important geopolitical leverage in a tribal world, contiguous land borders and administrations. But we can all cope together don't worry. I can post you more fake maps to make you comfy if you like.

Hopefully we can co-operate with the Oromo who were culturally alike on a mass scale. Economic integration of the farming communities is very much needed.
I have nothing in common with those barbarians, they need to be cleansed from boorama, they bring nothing but beggers and thieves Ugggh

Awdalite

Araabi
That’s what all of them thought before they were evicted from their land. Oromo want your land all the way to Saylac and they will take it bit by bit. It’s a shame you guys don’t understand this. At the end of the day, whether you guys stay or not won’t affect me or my tribe, but I hope you guys know what you are doing

The Somali regional government is weak. Why should individual communities care if their own governments have betrayed them? Jigjiga commercial bank only allows Amhara to work in all of the senior positions. The federal government positions in Jigjiga are exclusively Amhara. The Amhara population in Jigjiga is growing everyday, they have their own schools, places of worship and they speak only in Amharic.

Yet nobody talks about the elephant in the room. All the major towns in DDS is becoming Amhara day by day.

This forum has an unhealthy obsession with Oromos. The real danger are the Amhara because they actually want to take over and believe it's their birthright.

Abaq

VIP
The Somali regional government is weak. Why should individual communities care if their own governments have betrayed them? Jigjiga commercial bank only allows Amhara to work in all of the senior positions. The federal government positions in Jigjiga are exclusively Amhara. The Amhara population in Jigjiga is growing everyday, they have their own schools, places of worship and they speak only in Amharic.

Yet nobody talks about the elephant in the room. All the major towns in DDS is becoming Amhara day by day.
The Oromo are a bigger threat as they are actively displacing Somalis. Ahmara refugees can easily be removed on the other hand, not that I discount your genuine grievances

Awdalite

Araabi
The Oromo are a bigger threat as they are actively displacing Somalis. Ahmara refugees can easily be removed on the other hand, not that I discount your genuine grievances

The Oromos are mainly poor migrants looking for survival and all will acknowledge they dont belong bar a few places like Tuli and others. However, the Amharas believe Jigjiga, Dhagaxbuur, Godey and all DDS belong to them by birthright. They are the same people who used to burn Ogaden villages to the ground and massacred Somalis like no other group. There is no comparison in my view.

I'll have to disagree with the post you made above, that it's not too late even if the DDS administration are too weak, either of their own doings or for being a puppet regime. But at some point these borders has to demarcated, and that's when we have to fall back on the official document, regardless of what the map currently shows. That's even if it happens, before we've all been annexed by Oromia. Though, Tuli Guleed is not lost as of yet.

Laakin, you're right here. We are being taken over by Oromos and Amharas, slowly with subtle support by the regional gov't they installed. Nothing is done to prevent or at least minimize these changes. We are in fact doomed, unless something happens urgently. :ileycry:

Trending