Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

The Oromos are mainly poor migrants looking for survival and all will acknowledge they dont belong bar a few places like Tuli and others. However, the Amharas believe Jigjiga, Dhagaxbuur, Godey and all DDS belong to them by birthright. They are the same people who used to burn Ogaden villages to the ground and massacred Somalis like no other group. There is no comparison in my view.

Unless you're referring to those Jarsos remaining in DDS, I'm not sure what to make of other Oromos in our areas. :what1::drakekidding:

Awdalite

Araabi
I'll have to disagree with the post you made above, that it's not too late even if the DDS administration are too weak, either of their own doings or for being a puppet regime. But at some point these borders has to demarcated, and that's when we have to fall back on the official ones. That's even if it happens, before we've all been annexed by Oromia. Though, Tuli Guleed is not lost as of yet.

Laakin, you're right here. We are being taken over by Oromos and Amharas, slowly with subtle support by the regional gov't they installed. Nothing is done to prevent or at least minimize these changes. We are in fact doomed, unless something happens urgently. :ileycry:

Garad, maybe you cam explain it to me. Why is the DDS government so incompetent? Surely it doesn't take a lot to secure your borders. If the DDS government made a real peace between the Geri and Jarso and gave the Jarso real concessions then there would not be any reason for them to want to leave. Such a political failure was 100% the fault of the Somali regional government. They couldn't even solve an internal issue until it was signposted to the federal government who thought this regional government is incompetent.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The cope is undefeated. I thought about your emotional state and intended to soften the blow by claiming it was a non continuous piece of territory with the intention to safeguard your mental well being. Ehh who cares. The reality on the ground is that it is absolutely a continuous piece for territory and guess what? Tuli Guleed itself is cut off aswell. Just incase you needed some evidence. This is the real map of Jinacsani district which includes Makanis and Jinacsani central. Where is the disconnect?
View attachment 257406
View attachment 257407

It's only the Somali regional government who hasn't broken the bad news to their constituents yet for obvious reasons, they have absolutely no power to do anything about it. But they'll soon find out themselves when Cagjar defaults on his development plans anywhere outside of a few kilometres near Jigjiga.
Makanis is the easternmost part of old Jinacsani, it is completely connected to Jinacsani central.

Hilarious how you use the third map as a coping strategy completely ignoring all the other maps that were also provided. Don't rely on my therapeutic interventions to keep you sane in an otherwise depressing situation for you, reality tends to hit really hard. And trust me I know this region way more than you do. Jigjiga is isolated and will have lost the most important geopolitical leverage in a tribal world, contiguous land borders and administrations. But we can all cope together don't worry. I can post you more fake maps to make you comfy if you like.
Who the hell used your swisscheese paint map. If I show you the Somali admin operating in the areas in all directions of Makaniis what will you say lol your Jaarso brothers have their bodies all over social media from when they tried invading Tuuli Guleed. This is a month ago Jaarso are still struggling to move on to a tuulo 4 miles from Jinacsani “Its continous we have all of it”

“The map i brought you about my clan territory is your cope”” I made the map for you to feel better I wasnt wrong it was on purpose” Am I supposed to take this serious? :dead:

Awdalite

Araabi
Who the hell used your swisscheese paint map. If I show you the Somali admin operating in the areas in all directions of Makaniis what will you say lol your Jaarso brothers have their bodies all over social media from when they tried invading Tuuli Guleed. This is a month ago Jaarso are still struggling to move on to a tuulo 4 miles from Jinacsani “Its continous we have all of it”

“The map i brought you about my clan territory is your cope”” I made the map for you to feel better I wasnt wrong it was on purpose” Am I supposed to take this serious? :dead:

Why would the Jarso invade Tuli Guleed when they actually inhabit Tuli Guleed? You do realise that the deputy mayor of Tuli is Jaarso and that their farms intermingle with the Geri in all directions? You don't even know this region lol. Go and watch some of their clan conferences in Tuli.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
These are our real enemies while we fight over pity clans, I can't believe that Cagjar coward has any support at all. He is a puppet of Oromos. At least for all the "bad" that Abdi Iley did, he was making Oromos and Afars stayed in their place. Cagjar doesn't even own a single house in DDS, his kids and family are in Nairobi's gated community. He could've develop every region equally but chooses to bend over for Oromos and allow them into inter-Somali clan politics while letting Amhara work jobs in Jijgas and Dire Dawa

Oromos are literally using divide and conquer tactics on Somalis, how is this even possible?
How are the somalis in ddsi content with cagjaars rule why hasnt he been overthrown

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Why would the Jarso invade Tuli Guleed when they actually inhabit Tuli Guleed? You do realise that the deputy mayor of Tuli is Jaarso and that their farms intermingle with the Geri in all directions? You don't even know this region lol.
One post above Tuuli Guleed was cutoff and apart of the continous Qoti Jinacsani district. Now your talking about a deputy mayorship under Somali Region :icon lol:

Awdalite

Araabi
One post above Tuuli Guleed was cutoff and apart of the continous Qoti Jinacsani district. Now your talking about a deputy mayorship under Somali Region :icon lol:

What has the Jarso being deputy mayor of Tuli Guleed have to do with Jinacsani district being on a continuous strip of territory? Tuli Guleed is completely isolated from Jigjiga aswell. It's surrounded on all sides by Oromia. So what's your point?

How are the somalis in ddsi content with cagjaars rule why hasnt he been overthrown
you will have to ask @Duucale1 @GaradShabeel @Araabi or @Removed
I personally can't imagine cagjaar has any support outside his subclan. He didn't even talk about Amhara soldiers opening fire on Somalis of all clans in an airport a couple months. All these problems between Somalis in the DDSI can be solved if everyone got equal representation and money to build their own areas

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Cagjar is in power till what 2026? I’m not expert on this region. But from reading abiye and cagjar both part of prosperity party that was merger of different ethnic groups movements. Their whole platform is to weaken ethnicity based federalism and strengthen Ethiopian national identity. Lol this to me seems like direct shot at tigrayans and somali region . Tigrayans fought back I never understood why somali region didn’t help. Incidents like this seem like slow death and being disassembled slowly . Somali region is not compatible with strong Ethiopian identity. Pretty soon Amharic (language of govt) will be forced and no somali in public

Last edited:
Garad, maybe you cam explain it to me. Why is the DDS government so incompetent? Surely it doesn't take a lot to secure your borders. If the DDS government made a real peace between the Geri and Jarso and gave the Jarso real concessions then there would not be any reason for them to want to leave. Such a political failure was 100% the fault of the Somali regional government. They couldn't even solve an internal issue until it was signposted to the federal government who thought this regional government is incompetent.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Iskabadaa Woredas, if Kebeles try to leave Oromia there will be 2018 level conflict, Oromo regional government won't allow it to happen the administration is natural, by this I mean it actually cares about the land and the people. While the Somali regional government will actually sideline the masaakiin farmers and force them between a rock and a hard place.

I think it is smarter for the Somali clans living in Northwest DDSI to lobby for their own kill. The one formed by Meles Zenawi doesn't care about the land nor the people of this region, one call from Addis and these puppets will bend over and hand strategic assets away. Form your own administration that will priorities the people.

Mayorship doesn't say much about the regions and it's inhabitance, since it's the DDS gov't who decides who they want to nominate to that role. Because there are Jarso in DDS, and to "correct previous gov't wrongdoings". The mayorship was given to Geri and the deputy to Jarso.

In those fightings, it was mostly a militia called "fadna" (or something close to it), involved from their side. The dam building and its adjacent problems, was the rot cause of it, due to it taking place in Marar (Tuli Guleed district), displacing thousands of locals, not having full authorization to start (even from Cagjar's own mouth), located in a "disputed area", not having local support etc. A few dozens were killed, and the project has been stalled now, with no further date of continuation. No area has been taken over this time, and the Oromo authorities has stepped back a bit.

Also, despite what's being said here. Tuli Guleed are not cut-off from Jigjiga, maybe if we look at maps, but not on the ground. And never been. Even if thats the current ambitions.

Last edited:
you will have to ask @Duucale1 @GaradShabeel @Araabi or @Removed
I personally can't imagine cagjaar has any support outside his subclan. He didn't even talk about Amhara soldiers opening fire on Somalis of all clans in an airport a couple months. All these problems between Somalis in the DDSI can be solved if everyone got equal representation and money to build their own areas

Most DDS Somalis view anyone who takes power in Jigjiga as puppet to whomever ruling from Addis at the time. Even at best, you'll find people who are neutral rather than people who wholeheartedly supports them.

There have been some changes since Abdi Iley, but the most of the previous problems still prevails. It doesn't seem like he cares about what people think either. The silence on the border conflicts alone, says much. But like all his predecessors, what can we do change? Armed struggle won't make them change, as we've seen before too. It's a hopeless situation. I'll refrain from speaking about clans, but it wouldn't be inaccurate to say that most are against him.

Cagjar is in power till what 2026? I’m not expert on this region. But from reading abiye and cagjar both part of prosperity party that was merger of different ethnic groups movements. Their whole platform is to weaken ethnicity based federalism and strengthen Ethiopian national identity. Lol this to me seems like direct shot at tigrayans and somali region . Tigrayans fought back I never understood why somali region didn’t help. Incidents like this seem like slow death and being disassembled slowly . Somali region is not compatible with strong Ethiopian identity. Pretty soon Amharic (language of govt) will be forced and no somali in public

100%. The goal for PP is to abolish ethnic federalism. Since he's part of the party and based on his actions, and speeches, he believes in that ideology. Look how many federal regions has popped up since Abiy came, even small ones. It's hard for them to do it all at once, so breaking current regions into smaller ones and weakening their power is the current agenda. Recently they announced, abolishment of state forces to incorporate them into the army reserves. More steps will come.

Due to their unpopularity, PP resorted to voter irregularities and fraud, which is why all opposition parties withdrew fully from last election. ONLF, FEP and CCS have thankfully spoken on these issues of the borders and other imminent ones. So I have hope. Even the chairman of ONLF, said they will re-evaluate the peace agreement with the gov't (Abiy), since they haven't lived up to their commitments.

Last edited:

World

VIP
The entire Irir Samaale could join Oromia and i wouldnt give a f*ck, go and learn the Oromo language and abandon your somali identity. What are you even doing on a Somali forum?

Iskabadaa Woredas, if Kebeles try to leave Oromia there will be 2018 level conflict, Oromo regional government won't allow it to happen the administration is natural, by this I mean it actually cares about the land and the people. While the Somali regional government will actually sideline the masaakiin farmers and force them between a rock and a hard place.

People over-exaggerates when it comes to Oromia, and paint them as fairy tales and the opposite for DDS, which is hilarious. It varies between people, some Somali clans may see (or envision) their agenda best executed with Oromia, and that's up to those people. Laakin, we've also seen those who made that decision and regret it now. There are dulmi on both sides. Also, no one spoke about leaving Oromia, except that regional state leaving land that isn't rightfully theirs, as indicated by a legal-binding referendum.

I think it is smarter for the Somali clans living in Northwest DDSI to lobby for their own kill. The one formed by Meles Zenawi doesn't care about the land nor the people of this region, one call from Addis and these puppets will bend over and hand strategic assets away. Form your own administration that will priorities the people.

Impossible, we've seen when new borders have been made. Try that shit again, expect these never ending conflicts x100. This time clan wars too. If these bigger and more "powerful" regional states can't do much (including other Ethiopian RS), what do you expect from smaller ones? You'll always beg and never receive anything. What made you think smaller states, won't be puppets as well? Your "negotiating stance" to demand anything is going to decrease to an existential level. Short-term solutions will not be sustainable. Also, creating small Somali federal region while you have bigger neighbouring ones right beside you; we're already suffering, don't you think we'll not be overrun quicker then?

My solution is to retain DDS as it is, and let each region within it get more autonomous power to handle affairs on a local level. When you participates more and feel engaged, you won't feel disenfranchised, even if you have a puppet gov't on a regional level. I was listening to a proposal made by the chairman of FEP party, Somali divison. It was interesting to hear about it. Hopefully the next election, we see somewhat change in the governance, iA. Anything except PP will be an improvement.

Last edited:
Tuuli Guleed, Jinacsani are Geri Koombe and Absame lands. Even if Oromia wants to recognize the fake districts they couldn’t even remove us from our lands even with the entire military support they’ve received we continue to defend ourselves. Imagine wanting oromia to share a border with Somaliland because you hate other Somali clans. What a f*cking Coon

:susp:

Halgame Cali Shucaac a 77 war veteran himself said we have the strength to bring down Ethiopia but nay it is they (Somalis) who stab us in back

EFB5FDF6-3112-4405-8E75-97DF059FC404.jpeg

Last edited:
We're trying to get away from economic injustice and economic stagnation that we have faced for so long. Why do you equate that to Ogaden nacayb?

It's interesting how your mind works

Garba Ciise, Cadayti, & Cundhufo all had highways and train tracks running across their region. Yesterday they were populated with Somali Issa tribe today they are abandoned and settled by illegal Afar refugees. Ethiopia doesn’t care if you are Ogaden,Samaroon, Issa Somali whatsoever. They see you as an enemy and will eventually make sure to get rid of you. You welcome Oromos into your home what happens next? They flood their own people from the interior to settle and cultivate the farms. Oromos look down upon their Shegatos like Jaarso. They are irrelevant and politically avoided until it’s time to wage war against Somalis

5DBE7FD5-6D13-4E09-B318-720653A3B6E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Tuuli Guleed, Jinacsani are Geri Koombe and Absame lands. Even if Oromia wants to recognize the fake districts they couldn’t even remove us from our lands even with the entire military support they’ve received we continue to defend ourselves. Imagine wanting oromia to share a border with Somaliland because you hate other Somali clans. What a f*cking Coon :susp:

Halgame Cali Shucaac a 77 war veteran himself said we have the strength to bring down Ethiopia but nay it is they (Somalis) who stab us in back

View attachment 257441

I agree with him, Somali's in the Ehtiopian Sides are Snitches and Spies for Ethiopia, Even during the 1977 war they were giving intelligence to Ethiopian and Cuba/Russian Troops.

Somalis need to deal with the Spys and Snitches before they can have any meaningful progress, who else their Lands will be Lost to Oromo and Amahar.

You mean us samaroon are next on the chopping list to be cleansed, Warya I don’t want to be qoti

Facts 🤣 These fake Samaroon accounts are indeed hidden Qotis. Tell us one Somali clan that joined oromia that still retains their Somali identity? Oromos only know how to steal culture, identity and land. They are not known to build their own cities that’s why they try so hard to take over others

I agree with him, Somali's in the Ehtiopian Sides are Snitches and Spies for Ethiopia, Even during the 1977 war they were giving intelligence to Ethiopian and Cuba/Russian Troops.

Somalis need to deal with the Spys and Snitches before they can have any meaningful progress, who else their Lands will be Lost to Oromo and Amahar.

Somalis are a bigger enemy to themselves then Ethiopia. Cagjar is a Taghut and a puppet for PP but don’t let him stand in the way of supporting other ethnic groups to take over our lands and homes because of Clan politics. You can be a Mucaraad and at the same time defend Somali integrity.

Trending

Latest posts