Enforcement of Hijab

Discussion in 'General' started by SOMALI GENERAL, Jan 19, 2020.

1. IftiinOfLife

IftiinOfLife Raw Hard Truth

Ratings:
    +2,052
    @Samaalic Era Why don't Somali women have the right to wear regional appropriate clothing just like Somali men can :ohlord:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Samaalic Era

Samaalic Era In Exile VIP

Ratings:
    +13,350
    Somali women can wear whether adjusted Jilbaabs but as they are loose and black along with Niqab for women under 40:yacadiim:

• Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GTR

GTR

Ratings:
    +422
    I'm not arguing for people to go amok, that wasn't my point either. Somalia is a muslim country. And living in a predominantly muslim country comes certain rules, i.e. how to behave in public for example. However, the government should mind its business and not involve itself in pity matters like hijab when we have other pressing issues. This goes back to what I said earlier; there is no compulsion in islam.

• Like Like x 2
  4. IftiinOfLife

Ratings:
    +2,052
    Why don't Somali men wear black thobes, why force Somali women to wear JILBAABs made out of harsh material not built for the Somali heat [​IMG]. Our traditional clothes are LIGHT COLORS in order not to absorb the harsh rays from the Somali sun.

Why don't Somali men wear this everyday in Somalia :lolbron: even with all their we wuz kuraysh they don't wear this at all. Cause they would sweat to death and have the freedom to wear regional appropriate clothing:ivers:

[​IMG]

Also did some research, most Jilbaabs are POLYESTER, and unsuitable for ARID/TROPICAL/SUMMER ENVIRONMENTS.

Maybe this is why all our traditional clothes were African Cotton :manny:

Internet says: Polyester fabric, on the other hand, tends to be either moisture trapping, or moisture wicking, neither of which are ideal for cooling in warm weather. A moisture trapping fabric will hold your sweat against your skin, but will not let the evaporating moisture escape easily. The result is a warm clammy garment that holds in your body heat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VixR

VixR Veritas

Ratings:
    +15,938
    These are lofty goals. They don’t even have food security. I fail to understand how hijab compliance is in the spotlight when they’ve clearly all been forced into wearing that eyesore in the span of 30 years. They watch their children die in droughts, while they quickly lose their body water by sweating it out even more quickly than they should from wearing those atrocities. Do know how much water it takes a woman to make her own milk?

Their own oppression is a blip on the radar when their children suffer worse.

The common solution for these third world problems has always been putting economy and money in the hands of women. Programs that do this always have far-reaching positive outcomes. That’s for the simple fact that women will reliably do what is best for them and their children, and ultimately that’s what shapes the community, and society at large. If such an organization could be started to accomplish something of that nature by Western Somali women, who better to help them, when we are privileged ones.

• Love Love x 4
  6. IftiinOfLife

Ratings:
    +2,052
    Anywys I think its a human rights violation to force Somali women to wear clothes not even environmentally suited for their environment.

Imagine if white men forced white women to wear spring clothes in the dead of winter. There would be outrage.

• Qashin Qashin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hybrid()

Hybrid()

Ratings:
    +633
    what makes you think it's somali men who force their women to wear ugly jilbaab. it's usually the somali hooyos who put hijab on their daughters from the age of 3. the traditional somali diraac/baati which is suitable for hot weather was never banned and some still wear them but most prefer the jilbaab over baati.

xalimos in djibouti are mostly hijaabis as well even though every western thing is legal there. it seems like the hijaab became deeply ingrained in somali culture.

8. Guardafui

Guardafui

Ratings:
    +274
    Women in Somalia should have a choice end of the story.

9. Sammo

Sammo

Ratings:
    +2,197
  10. P4$t0

P4$t0

Ratings:
    +2,400
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sammo

Sammo

Ratings:
    +2,197
    My love for you is like the ocean, it’s never ending.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. land owner

land owner Welcome to the yaab zone VIP

Ratings:
    +8,125
    I feel like it shouldn’t be forced, that way we’ll know who’s wearing it out of sincerity

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cognitivedissonance

Cognitivedissonance A sane man to an insane society must appear insane Stay WOKE VIP

Ratings:
    +20,438
    There’s no such a thing as somalia I only care about my people in puntland and kismayo, I cant speak for the other races of somalia

14. Medulla

Medulla Baby, these diamonds not Johnny VIP

Ratings:
    +4,376
    Your so woke bro, where is Kismayo again ?

15. Cognitivedissonance

Cognitivedissonance A sane man to an insane society must appear insane Stay WOKE VIP

Ratings:
    +20,438
    Inside your mothers pumpum, you ask a silly question likewise the answer will be the same guun yaheey guunta dhashay

• Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Medulla

Ratings:
    +4,376
    Pathetic but what more can I expect from a tribalist and COON.

:fittytousand:

17. Cognitivedissonance

Ratings:
    +20,438
    Hooyada iyo dhaladhi ku dhashay u sheeg I reiterate I only care about my people.

• Qashin Qashin x 1
  18. Medulla

Ratings:
    +4,376
    I am your people though , yet you still choose to insult me which means you don't really mean it. Nothing more than a tribalist smh. Don't worry it's nearly fajr time here i'll make dua for you my Coon friend

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cognitivedissonance

Ratings:
    +20,438
    How is a bastard child of the French from djbouti my people :russ::lolbron:

I don’t speak French and I don’t eat croissants mofo liberte fraternite egalite:chrisfreshhah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Gambar

Gambar VIP

Ratings:
    +15,599
    Where is the evidence for this? Hijab is not even compulsory for a child. War iska jir. You will also be held to account yaroow. You make statements as if you’ll get an easy pass to jannah.

• Like Like x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted