Enforcement of Hijab

Should it be illegal for Women in Somalia to wear no Hijab/Headscarf outside the home?

• Total voters
Should Somalia be more like Iran & Saudi Arabia by making it mandatory by law for Women to wear Hijab in public?

Interested to know people's opinion on this topic.

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
What happened to there is no compulsion in religion?
I believe that forcing people to do things just makes them stray away from the right path. Of course we should promote the hijab. and educate people on why we wear it and what are the benefits of it.

What happened to there is no compulsion in religion?
I believe that forcing people to do things just makes them stray away from the right path. Of course we should promote the hijab. and educate people on why we wear it and what are the benefits of it.
I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't be mandatory by law.

It will only create resentment like you said.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Cultural pressure is enough, I don't want a government powerful enough to tell me what to wear, short of going commando ofc

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
It isn't mandatory and it shouldn't be, the whole cultural pressure to wear a niqab is already bad enough.

You can change your vote now sxb.
It's 91% now.
1x

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
As an above comment mentioned this will just make people stray further from Islam.
And from a sociology perspective this will set the bar real low for shaming which will then lead to more women being vulnerable to inaccurately being labeled as such without clear evidence which will then cause more innocent women getting beaten or potentially murdered.

And let's not forget that a society can not progress by implementing strict rules and regulations for only half of its population.

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
Al shabab controlled areas in Somalia pretty much do it already. Its sad but In'sh'Allah it wont be the case in the future:mjkkk:

Al shabab controlled areas in Somalia pretty much do it already. Its sad but In'sh'Allah it wont be the case in the future:mjkkk:
Yeah Al Shabab controlled territories are very strict when it comes to implementing Sharia. They brainwash the people they rule over into thinking Somalis living outside Al shabab territories are all non-muslims.