Enforcement of Hijab

Should it be illegal for Women in Somalia to wear no Hijab/Headscarf outside the home?

• Total voters
Forcing people to wear hijabs reduces it a forced cloth. It strips it from its original religous origins.
In Somalia the jilbab was the norm but whenever I went to somewhere ‘liberal’ in xamar, most of the young women took it off wearing their dresses and western hijab, and before leaving the liberal places they’d put on their their big ass jilbabs again.
A lot of somalis force their daughters to wear it and that’s why most embarrassing hijab is to be Somali. it isn’t a spiritual thing, it’s just a cultural thing. Hijab is supposed to be also do with akhlaaq, but for Somalis it’s literally just covering your head.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
I don't have the right to vote on this since I don't live in Somalia and I'm not a girl laakin hijab is a turn on sometimes :diddyass:

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
r0CF5t.gif

:patrice:Yacni I would've voted a big fat YES because, you know, Islam comes first, always.

But then I looked at it pragmatically from @Calaf 's perspective, and I have to say he is kind of right. If you enforce the hijab it'll backfire on you like in Iran or Saudi Arabia. We can't force something good, but we can promote it.

I don't believe in the state dictating over its citizens.. Personal freedom is one of the corner stones in achieving a well developed society with an advanced country.... If anything should be mandatory it should be in things like education, power and water supply in all homes and city development plans, zero corruption etc.. Things that really matter for the country and the citizens.
But we aren't like any society we a Muslim society

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
Some countries are working on building bases on the moon and mars and we are here discussing female clothing.. While we don't even have running water, paved roads or sewage systems in our biggest cities :snoop:

Priorities dont matter when you're a Somali lol. Bunch of shaqola'aan:mjlol:

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
Somalis are killing fellow somalis on the basis of qabiil and millions are dying because of balaayo and gaajo yet you are worried about a woman not covering her hair? Your priorities are misplaced!:faysalwtf::mahubowtf:

:patrice:Yacni I would've voted a big fat YES because, you know, Islam comes first, always.

But then I looked at it pragmatically from @Calaf 's perspective, and I have to say he is kind of right. If you enforce the hijab it'll backfire on you like in Iran or Saudi Arabia. We can't force something good, but we can promote it.

Surprised you even posted sxb, thought you'd just rate posts that you agreed with & found funny.
:pachah1:

I don't like the wording of the question, making something illegal means there's a punishment for not complying by said law. What is the punishment a state can carry out on someone who doesn't wear a headscarf? There's none according to Islam. Don't get me a wrong, it carries a sin, but not a state-sanctioned penalty.

Before anyone calls me out, no I'm not calling for a secular state, I'm not reducing Islam to a private matter. Islam has huge role to play in the public sphere.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
It should be encouraged.
Not forced.

Forcing leads to Hoejabis:francis::meleshame:

Look at Xamar. Most of them wear Niqab. U would think Mashallah!
Until u enter the hotels. They are banged.

Forcing leads to hypocrisy.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Some countries are working on building bases on the moon and mars and we are here discussing female clothing.. While we don't even have running water, paved roads or sewage systems in our biggest cities :snoop:
Somalis as a people can not function with Islam. We live in the age of Dajjal. Do not be fool for this rhetoric saxiib but look at the bigger issue.

We as Muslims can and will dominate the world as promised by Allah swt in the Zabur. One can only dominate with Emaan,justice and knowledge. By allowing your women to make these choices is foolish walal. Women are easily swayed and follow the crowd. Tommorrow, they will turn into gaalo,zina will be normalised. Is this what you want for Somaliya?

Dajjal seeks to destroy Islam by destroying the family unit and the concept of nations and tribes. Corrupting and turning women in slaves of the state that abandon being mothers and having children will give rise to lost children. By encouraging Interracial marriages, this will break the lines of nationhood,tribe. Languages are the foundation of a culture and this must also be destroyed by the Satanist Dajjalic system.

No family, No Nation,No Language, No Religion.

This is the world that Dajjal seeks. You are a Shepherd to your women. You must lead to Jannah and protect them from these devils

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.” 66:6 Sura Tahrim

Somalis as a people can not function with Islam. We live in the age of Dajjal. Do not fool for this rhetoric saxiib but look at the bigger issue.

We as Muslims can and will dominate the world as promised by Allah swt in the Zabur. One can only dominate with Emaan,justice and knowledge. By allowing your women to make these choices is foolish walal. Women are easily swayed and follow the crowd. Tommorrow, they will turn into gaalo,zina will be normalised. Is this what you want for Somaliya?

Dajjal seeks to destroy Islam by destroying the family unit and the concept of nations and tribes. Corrupting and turning women in slaves of the state that abandon being mothers and having children will give rise to lost children. By encouraging Interracial marriages, this will break the lines of nationhood,tribe. Languages are the foundation of a culture and this must also be destroyed by the Satanist Dajjalic system.

No family, No Nation,No Language, No Religion.

This is the world that Dajjal seeks. You are a Shepherd to your women. You must lead to Jannah and protect them from these devils

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.” 66:6 Sura Tahrim

But brother we can preach about islam and teach the people good values.. I truly believe we need to prioritize other things than dictating what our women should wear.. I don't think we'll lose our culture or religion that easily.. Let us develop plans for how to feed our people when the drought hits...

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
But brother we can preach about islam and teach the people good values.. I truly believe we need to prioritize other things than dictating what our women should wear.. I don't think we'll lose our culture or religion that easily.. Let us develop plans for how to feed our people when the drought hits...
I know where you are coming from where you are coming from sxb but this is bigger than a few buildings. Jews endured for 2000 years, we are at only 30 years and at only at 1st generation in exile and we have become degenrates already with so many gaalo raac,dhabodhilfs,druggies,hoes,psychopaths and a whole generation who have no language.Imagine 20 years from now.

The family unit is sacred. Women are a menace to society if left unchecked. I know I will get qashins but this is the truth. Women have no loyalty to their tribe or nation.

Women dont follow weak men who let them do what they want. This is evident in the current useless fkd odayaal generation

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
True what u said bro but the no compulsion in Islam means we shouldn't force non believers to become muslims

The hijab is God's law and violating God's laws comes with penalties
goes for both actually. In the past it was actually for the non believer since there were sahabas who were spreading the deen and were sent to different places but now, only with a click of a buttom/mouse you can know more about Islam, right?

Muslims should follow the teachings of Islam. Then there's really no need of forcing someone "to do that, do this" when they already know the teachings of Islam. Just give 'em advise, not forcing someone to wear hijaab, do you know what forcing them does to that person. That person you're forcing the hijaab on is really not wearing it for modesty or for Allah but fear of a human being possibly harming them if they don't do a certain thing and that's not Islam.

I woulda agreed if there was a good fair, islam judge(qadi) to rule on that, but an unstable corrupt gov doing that is pretty hypocritical. :bell:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Yes saxiib. Women must be covered head to toe in black with niqab. She can wear what her husband wants in the home tho
Says who? That’s Arab culture where they have this weird hatred towards women and want to make them invisible with that ugly black clothing. Might as well where a garbage bag and call it a day. Thought you were anti Arab :umwhat:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Says who? That’s Arab culture where they have this weird hatred towards women and want to make them invisible with that ugly black clothing. Might as well where a garbage bag and call it a day. Thought you were anti Arab :umwhat:
I can distinguish between Islam and Arabs. Niqab and Hijab is not Arab but Adamic. Our mother Xawo AS wore it and so did all the women of the Prophets. Islam is a continuing that legacy.

Do not confuse hatred for Arabs for Islam.Islam is from The King of Kings himself walal

Trending

Latest posts