Enforcement of Hijab

Should it be illegal for Women in Somalia to wear no Hijab/Headscarf outside the home?

• Total voters
The social pressure is already more than enough. I feel like a lot of horrible shit would happen, that would give us an even worse reputation.
Bringing legality and law into it is not a good idea imo, especially in a country with a unstable Judicial system and goverment in general

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
How did it end up for Iran mandatory wear the hijab law. Or Saudi Arabia Abaya Law. It ended up with protests and revolt. And guess who gets the views and makes the country look bad. It will backfire at the end of the day.

I rather have most people, without force and interference from the Government to wear it, then let it end up like this : Point of making it look like oppression. Protests. Tough Sentences. even more backlash. Making you as a country look like a outcast to both normal teaching and Islamic teaching.

Examples :

_99900188_p05x6t6b.jpg

80676-lkpulwhdqi-1517383102.jpg

24752.jpg

Making the Hijab a symbol of oppression instead of modesty. I will not force it, but promote it. Make it a part of the culture, then make is a law. But Religious modesty is needed.

In the Islamic law of Iran imposed shortly after the 1979 Islamic revolution, article 638 of 5th book of Islamic Penal Code (called Sanctions and deterrent penalties) women who do not wear a hijab may be imprisoned from ten days to two months, and/or required to pay fines from 50,000 up to 500,000 rials. Fines are recalculated in the courts to index for inflation.

Article 639 of the same book says, two type of people shall be sentenced to one year to 10 years imprisonment, first a person who establishes or directs a place of immorality or prostitution, second a person who facilitates or encourages people to commit immorality or prostitution

bd0fd20e-d5e1-11e9-a556-d14d94601503_image_hires_142518.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46222949

I would like for people to wear it, but I will personally not force it. At the end of the day, it ain't me who is going to be judged by Allah on the Day of Judgement for this infringement.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
All Dayooth faraxs will be sterlised. Your second rate beta genes will be purifiied from the gene pool:susp:

Prepare for life of inceldom or a one way ticket to hell
download.jpg

We have bigger issues in Somalia than worrying about hijab. At the end of the day there's no compulsion in islam, meaning you can't force anyone to do anything.

Allah swt gave freedom to every mankind, who are you to take that freedom away?
But where should the line be drawn? People running around as they see fit counts as fitna which isn't allowed in a Muslim country according to the Quran.

I don't believe in the state dictating over its citizens.. Personal freedom is one of the corner stones in achieving a well developed society with an advanced country.... If anything should be mandatory it should be in things like education, power and water supply in all homes and city development plans, zero corruption etc.. Things that really matter for the country and the citizens.

Forcing people to wear hijabs reduces it a forced cloth. It strips it from its original religous origins.
In Somalia the jilbab was the norm but whenever I went to somewhere ‘liberal’ in xamar, most of the young women took it off wearing their dresses and western hijab, and before leaving the liberal places they’d put on their their big ass jilbabs again.
A lot of somalis force their daughters to wear it and that’s why most embarrassing hijab is to be Somali. it isn’t a spiritual thing, it’s just a cultural thing. Hijab is supposed to be also do with akhlaaq, but for Somalis it’s literally just covering your head.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Then why is the government involved?:ayaanswag:

A verse in Surah al Baqra says otherwise. :hmm:

there really is no compulsion in Islam.
True what u said bro but the no compulsion in Islam means we shouldn't force non believers to become muslims

The hijab is God's law and violating God's laws comes with penalties

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Somalis live in chaos but at the same time hate it. Hijab is one example. What matters is not the whims of a few but the interests of the collective. This individualism is a curse and destructive.

Those who advocate for this dont care about the survival of our nation. No Laws are for animals.
You can not pick and choose Islam. It is a complete way of life and far superior to all. How many Somalis just follow whatever is around them. Drop them in India and they will worship cows, drop them in Israel and they will become Israelite Jews.

Collectivism and the spirit of sacrifice are the hallmarks of Ummad Nool

Somalis live in chaos but at the same time hate it. Hijab is one example. What matters is not the whims of a few but the interests of the collective. This individualism is a curse and destructive.

Those who advocate for this dont care about the survival of our nation. No Laws are for animals.
You can not pick and choose Islam. It is a complete way of life and far superior to all. How many Somalis just follow whatever is around them. Drop them in India and they will worship cows, drop them in Israel and they will be deported immediately.

Collectivism and the spirit of sacrifice are the hallmarks of Ummad Nool
Fixed.
:chrisfreshhah:

Tukraq

VIP
People on here are not really representative of what people in Somalia think. It would not surprise me if a poll was done in Somalia it would be majority in favor.
The reverse used to be true in Somalia, they used to ban hijab at schools, If an anonymous poll was done I think it would be same result

Latest posts