What are we

• A mix of Sub-Saharan and Middle Eastern

Votes: 45 28.7%
  • A pure race indigenous to East Africa

Votes: 112 71.3%

• Total voters

Som

VIP
There seems to be a limit to attached photos.

Here are the missing ones in order:

Figure 1:

View attachment 155189

Figures for samples around the world:

View attachment 155190

View attachment 155191

Above is K10 to K12.

Explanations of K10

View attachment 155192 Maghrebi is considered Eurasian by origin.

I think that's it.
Also what's the difference between k-10 and k12? Why is ethio-somali not shown in in the two upper graphs but is present in the last one? Is it like a time difference or something?

Som

VIP
There seems to be a limit to attached photos.

Here are the missing ones in order:

Figure 1:

View attachment 155189

Figures for samples around the world:

View attachment 155190

View attachment 155191

Above is K10 to K12.

Explanations of K10

View attachment 155192 Maghrebi is considered Eurasian by origin.

I think that's it.
Cause if we consider K10 somalis are 60 %subsaharan and 40% westeurasian.
But if we consider K12 we are majority ethio-somali and if this component is non african then the graph on the bottom shows us as predominately non-african which can't be true

When they say we are 60% subsaharan and 40%west-eurasian is the ethio-somali counted as "subsaharan'?
Cause from the pics more than half of the somali column is green(ethio-somali) but then they say that ethio-somali is a non african component. I'm confused
the ethio-somali component has eurasian origins (back migration), the ethiopic is native to the horn of africa.

Also what's the difference between k-10 and k12? Why is ethio-somali not shown in in the two upper graphs but is present in the last one? Is it like a time difference or something?
No, K10 means there are 10 variables (Arabian added). K11 added ethiopic (11th). K12 added ethio-somali (12th).

Cause if we consider K10 somalis are 60 %subsaharan and 40% westeurasian.
But if we consider K12 we are majority ethio-somali and if this component is non african then the graph on the bottom shows us as predominately non-african which can't be true
You're right. The ethio-somali component only represents the affinity horners have with one another, not the ratio of eurasian and native african dna. That's still 40-60 respectively.

I’ve heard multiple opinions regarding this subject, I personally think we’re a pure unique race aboriginal to the horn :fittytousand: khoisans look black and asian but they’re pure so I don’t see why we gotta be a different case, I’m not gonna let an cadaan or ****** that didn’t wash their xaar this morning tell me I’m mixed with bantu and arab :hillarybiz: I’ve seen half bantu half arabs they look nothing like us :idontlike: what do you guys think?
Somalis and all other cushites are mixed nilotic-natufian-ancient Cushitic

Som

VIP
You're right. The ethio-somali component only represents the affinity horners have with one another, not the ratio of eurasian and native african dna. That's still 40-60 respectively.
Habeshas are 50-50 african and eurasian , while Somalis have 60african and 40 westeurasian. If i understood correctly our 60 african is ethio-somali (which has westeurasian origins)+ nilosaharian while habeshas have less nilosaharian , less ethio-somali but more omotic which makes somalis and habeshas similar in their african and westeurasian ancestry with the only difference that we seem less westeurasian than them because ethio-somali is counted as african since it's found only in africa. Is it correct?

Fay

DELETED
A while ago i did my dna test... i was 94 percent ethiopian n the rest was west african lol crazy how somalis get diff results someone else i knew got a good percentage of arabian dna

Som

VIP
A while ago i did my dna test... i was 94 percent ethiopian n the rest was west african lol crazy how somalis get diff results someone else i knew got a good percentage of arabian dna
Are your parents somalis from somalia or somalis from ethiopia?

Som

VIP
According to several papers most of the non-african component in Horners comes from the so called ethio-somali component. If we look at the graph 10 somalis have more nilosaharian than habeshas/oromos but they have. But if we go to graph 12 somalis are slightly more nilosaharian than habeshas buy also have more Ethio-somali(which is non-african) than any other horner groups. At graph 12 habeshas and Oromos also shoe more ethiopic(omotic) ancestry.
I have a few questions.
Whats the difference between K 10 and K12 and what does K+(insert number) mean in population genetics?
Habeshas are more arabian, but also more omotic while we have more nilosaharian but more Ethio-somali.
At the end of the day who is more Subsaharan african somalis or habesha?
Basically i would appreciate if anyone could help me understand what this graph is about and the difference between 10-11-12 sections
I

Som

VIP
According to this somalis have close to 40% west euradiam while habeshas have about 50% .
What is the rest of our ancestry? Are we 60,% Subsaharan? Is our predominant ethio-somali component counted as African?
Cause if ethio-somali is non african it means that in graph 12 above makes somali more non african than habeshas but on the other hand this other table shows habeshas as having more westeurasian.
What is this all about?,
jjj.png

According to this somalis have close to 40% west euradiam while habeshas have about 50% .
What is the rest of our ancestry? Are we 60,% Subsaharan? Is our predominant ethio-somali component counted as African?
Cause if ethio-somali is non african it means that in graph 12 above makes somali more non african than habeshas but on the other hand this other table shows habeshas as having more westeurasian.
What is this all about?,
jjj.png
The ethio-somali component is a mix of west eurasian and african. It's basically a autosomal grouping for horners.

If we're being frank, it's 40-60, west eurasian and african. This mix happened prehistory. Probably in the neolithic era. A group similar to natufians and the dinka were the mix. The cause was most like forced migration due to the desertification of the sahara and arabia. 5000 years ago it was green.

Trending

Latest posts