Do you think somalia is ever gonna get back somaliland?

But is it really a parliamentary issue when there's terrorists bombing the capital constantly? First achieve security then discuss politics

Isaaq 30 seats
Sameroon 9
Issa 8

Total 46 of the 60 seats allocated for Dir in Somalia is controlled by Somaliland.

That's 46 seats, we have stronger claims to Harti seats in Sool & Sanaag instead of Puntland.

Dhulbahante 8

Warsangali 5

13 seats.

46 Dir + 13 of Harti = 59 seats for Somaliland that's nearly an entire voting block of 1.0 clan family in 4.5 system.

Isaaq are idiots for pursuing this isolationist policy. You want independence go get it from Mogadishu. Bribe your way into recognition or shoot for the top seat. This laland shit has gone for too long.

Isaaq 30 seats
Sameroon 9
Issa 8

Total 46 of the 60 seats allocated for Dir in Somalia is controlled by Somaliland.

That's 46 seats if we have stronger claims to Harti seats in Sool & Sanaag instead of Puntland.

Dhulbahante 8

Warsangali 5

13 seats.

46 Dir + 13 of Harti = 59 seats for Somaliland that's nearly an entire voting block for a 1.0 family in 4.5 system.

Isaaq are idiots for pursuing this isolationist policy. You want independence go get it from Mogadishu.
Votes of dhulbahante and warsangeli will always go to Puntland. They signed on to formation of PL so those votes are Puntland, just like how things are now.

If they are indeed for the secession and jsl, then you guys shouldn't have any reason to be afraid as they would probably vote that.
If the Enemies are demanding special referendum in certain areas of somaliland , it's clear that they are targeting our weak spots. In this kind of situation we should be preventive. Faysal Cali waraabe stated this very well he said " giving a platform to Unionists is like bringing a Cristian preachers into your Muslim community" one can argue if the Muslim community faith is very strong then we should not worry about the preachers. But the reality can be quite the opposite , you can simply avoid all of this if you don't allow the preachers at the first place

Pte

Votes of dhulbahante and warsangeli will always go to Puntland. They signed on to formation of PL so those votes are Puntland, just like how things are now.

It doesn't matter what they signed on who control land and people is more important. Hawiye will happily award these regions to Somaliland as they have a beef with MJ in Mudug as well as OG in Jubaland.

Puntland can contest Warsangali seats in eastern Sanaag Somaliland has weaker claim for the few Warsangali in Ceerigabo district but Sool is 80% under Somaliland so at minimum you're looking at Somaliand having 54 seats the largest of any federal state only second to Konfur Galbeed in 4.5 setting.

It doesn't matter what they signed on who control land and people is more important. Hawiye will happily award these regions to Somaliland as they have a beef with MJ in Mudug as well as OG in Jubaland.

Puntland can contest Warsangali seats in eastern Sanaag Somaliland has weaker claim for the few Warsangali in Ceerigabo district but Sool is 80% under Somaliland so at minimum you're looking at Somaliand having 54 seats the largest of any federal state only second to Konfur Galbeed in 4.5 setting.
Will never happen. This is tribal 4.5. There not about to control Darood seats. And how would Hawiye award these regions?

Will never happen. This is tribal 4.5. There not about to control Darood seats. And how would Hawiye award these regions?

A Hawiye president already sided with Somaliand in the past (HSM) that's their only counter for a 2 Darood federal member states. They dominate the capital and FGS.

1635689093038.png

1635689181028.png

1635689363528.png

My bad, after running the numbers Somaliland would have highest number of seats of any federal state.

78 Xildhiban + 11 senators = 89 seats that's a massive number of vote that could tip the scale and swing presidency to any candidate they chose.

A Hawiye president already sided with Somaliand in the past (HSM) that's their only counter for a 2 Darood federal member states. They dominate the capital and FGS.

View attachment 205513

View attachment 205514

View attachment 205516
Hawiye right now that can’t get rid of Farmaajo who for most of his term divided them shows me you overate their “power” all while doing it in a city you said they “dominate”. HSM tried plenty times to take over Galkayco but couldn’t, and there always be a Darood PM or president in 4.5 so hawiye could try but they’ll never take Puntland votes and I don’t think it’s something they would try.

Reborn
I swear we need a moratorium on these somalilamd threads. The importance or chance of recognition for this region is in no way proportional to the amount of threads dedicated to them.

If the admin of this forum had even a quarter ounce of patriotism they would simply ban all secessionist thread like Nairaland (a Nigerian forum).

I was very impressed with their first sticky post the general sub.

Just short and sweet. Why do we allow these brain dead khat heads poison the minds of other Somalis with nonsense? Just ban all secessionist talk.

I hope Somaliland never gets recognised as I don't want you to die from a heart attack or suicide 😔

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
They will be kept in limbo till such time that they act correctly and bend the knee to us. We are in every office from IGAD to the UN. The road to salvation leads to Garowe, not Mogadishu.

Hawiye right now that can’t get rid of Farmaajo who for most of his term divided them shows me you overate their “power” all while doing it in a city you said they “dominate”. HSM tried plenty times to take over Galkayco but couldn’t, and there always be a Darood PM or president in 4.5 so hawiye could try but they’ll never take Puntland votes.

You honestly if Somaliand competes for Sool & Sanaag seats the FGS would award it to Puntland? Might makes right the federal state with the most influence over contested territory will win it's representation. It has been awarded to Puntland at present because Somaliland boycotts the selection process every year. Even Dir members are chosen in Mogadishu instead of Hargeisa.

If Somaliland demands Sool & Sanaag seats they can easily hold selection of pro Somaliland Harti in Lascanood & Ceerigabo. What could Puntland do aside from holding elections in Baran?

This also applies to Jubaland Madoobe will hand pick, Rahanweyn, Madow & Biimaal seats.

Hawiye right now that can’t get rid of Farmaajo who for most of his term divided them shows me you overate their “power” all while doing it in a city you said they “dominate”. HSM tried plenty times to take over Galkayco but couldn’t, and there always be a Darood PM or president in 4.5 so hawiye could try but they’ll never take Puntland votes and I don’t think it’s something they would try.

A lot of Hawiye supported Farmajo and vote him in. They dominate seat of the capital and many of them genuinely support Farmajo.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Their misfortune comes from the fact that they think their boon will be a savage who is unable to enforce law and order in a single village they live in. If your future is dependant on a creature such as Hawiye, you have yourself to blame for your unfortunate situation. While others have successfully thwarted their recognition efforts with federalism and soon confederalism.
I dont like you since you changed your name i want the old sincity back

Kanye Reaction GIF

Som

VIP
Somalia will never get Somaliland back by force because it doesn't have the military capability to do so and even if it could do that it would only lead to more hatred and bloodshed.
There's only ONE way Somalia can get Somaliland back : if Somalia manages to become peacefully and relatively developed (let's on ruanda's level for example) then Somalilanders would be more open to consider joining Somalia back. Even in that scenario though a lot of landers would still be anti somalia. I personally think it's to late for reunification, most somalilanders are young and only know about somaliland, some of them grew up to have strong hostile sentiment on Somalia and other somalis. Somalia should focus on solving it's internal problems, when it comes to SL we should give them full independence with the only Condition that they give us the Darood majority areas, if they refuse no problem they'll stay unrecognized.

Som

VIP
What Do we even have in common with each other? Different dialects, different mindset and sort off different culture. We also didn’t went through the same colony and they got treated as shit by the British. We weren’t ever unified anyways
Genetically linguistically and culturally all major somali clans are basically the same regardless of geography.
Landers and reer somalia share the same heritage and language, the differences are minor. If having differences was grounds to be independent then every single subclan in somalia should have it's own country. Reer Las Anood are different from Reer Borama, should they be in different countries? Hawiyes in Gaalkacyo are slightly different than the ones in Xamar. Should they be in different countries?

Trending

Latest posts