Do you think somalia is ever gonna get back somaliland?

when it comes to SL we should give them full independence with the only Condition that they give us the Darood majority areas, if they refuse no problem they'll stay unrecognized.

In 1960 when Darood in Somaliland were against Somaliland and Somalia uniting did that stop the union? of course not. Why? Because majority rule and all Isaaq were naively loving of Somalis enough to give up their Country, wealth and political power for somaliweyn. Now that darood with state backing of the Somali Republics Kacaan Regime lost the war against the SNM you really think you're in a position to bargain mate:ileycry: Darood in Somaliland account for ~5%-7% or 300k-400k of the 5.5-6 million population with their largest urban center Lascanood being the same size as wajaale, a city inhabited by a sub sub sub sub sub clan of Sacad Muse of the Habar Awal. Such a small population with a disgusting tribalism will never dictate Somalilands future
IMG_20211031_164122.jpg
IMG_20211031_164110.jpg

Here's the current Dhulbahante garaad reminding his people of when they were against the Union of Somalia and Somaliland in 1960

Som

VIP
In 1960 when Darood in Somaliland were against Somaliland and Somalia uniting did that stop the union? of course not. Why? Because majority rule and all Isaaq were naively loving of Somalis enough to give up their Country, wealth and political power for somaliweyn. Now that darood with state backing of the Somali Republics Kacaan Regime lost the war against the SNM you really think you're in a position to bargain mate:ileycry: Darood in Somaliland account for ~5%-7% or 300k-400k of the 5.5-6 million population with their largest urban center Lascanood being the same size as wajaale, a city inhabited by a sub sub sub sub sub clan of Sacad Muse of the Habar Awal. Such a small population with a disgusting tribalism will never dictate Somalilands future
View attachment 205562View attachment 205563

Here's the current Dhulbahante garaad reminding his people of when they were against the Union of Somalia and Somaliland in 1960
Right now a lot of DH are pro Somalia. Since you seem to have so much animosity towards them then let them join their fellow daroods in Somalia. I don't care about the rest of somaliland honestly, i wish you good luck.
If i was in charge of Somalia I would actually propose a deal like this : Somalia will immediately recognize Somaliland's independence which would lead to international recognition IF and ONLY IF Somaliland agrees to hand darood majority areas in sool and sanaag to Somalia. If Somaliland accepts Somalia would immediately recognize you and establish friendly relations. If Somaliland refuses no problem, we will keep the status quo for another 30 years.
Would you accept such a deal? It would be a great opportunity to your country.

Som

VIP
View attachment 205562View attachment 205563

Anyway somalia may be a failed state but we have one thing that you guys don't have which is international recognition as an independent country. If Somalia agreed to Somaliland independence your country would immediately get recognition just like what happened with south Sudan.
If you guys want ictiraaf you need to sit to the table and talk with us, but I guess your leaders don't actually want recognition otherwise they would have talked with Somalia a long time ago.

P1

It voluntary joined a union that was technically illegal as it was never ratified. You can google the 1961 coup and see the outcome from the judge on those that attempted the coup. Also, it's the Somali Republic that British Somaliland joined and not to what we have today which is Somalia.

P2

Like you said recognition must be in the interest of world power like America regardless of "Human rights" and other nonsense. If they see a benefit then it would happen. Good thing the world is now involved in a cold war with China :wow:

P3

What I don't understand from you is what does the US get from Somalia? Somalia provides absolutely nothing to the US whether that's economically or other affairs :kanyeshrug:
P1
I see, I didn't know that...
Honestly, today's world is largely controlled by the West.
Now the West wants to keep Somaliland in Somalia so as long as they don't change their mind, I don't see Somaliland becoming independant.

P2
You are completely right here.
I heard that the UK is funding the port of Berbera along with Ethiopia and the UAE, so it might be the beginning of something.
If Djibouti falls into the hands of the chinese, the US could build a base in SL and later recognize it.
So many scenarios could happen as long as Somalia is a mess.
We'll see what happens.

P3
Like I said it's an investment, Somalia has the longest coast in Africa and a lot of natural resources, if it ever becomes stable and strong then it will be on the side of the US.
It doesn't cost a lot of money to invest since it's a failed state, plus Somalia is in a strategic location.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Right now a lot of DH are pro Somalia. Since you seem to have so much animosity towards them then let them join their fellow daroods in Somalia. I don't care about the rest of somaliland honestly, i wish you good luck.
If i was in charge of Somalia I would actually propose a deal like this : Somalia will immediately recognize Somaliland's independence which would lead to international recognition IF and ONLY IF Somaliland agrees to hand darood majority areas in sool and sanaag to Somalia. If Somaliland accepts Somalia would immediately recognize you and establish friendly relations. If Somaliland refuses no problem, we will keep the status quo for another 30 years.
Thats what is said a few months ago. SL should sit down and make that deal personally i have no problem if the darood parts of sool and sanaag join puntland and we get our recognition and everybody is happy
gaas3.png

Som

VIP
Thats what is said a few months ago. SL should sit down and make that deal personally i have no problem if the darood parts of sool and sanaag join puntland and we get our recognition and everybody is happy
View attachment 205574
Exactly. Darood areas in Somaliland aren't that strategically important. Yes there may be some oil blocks there but nobody is going to use that anyway.
With such a deal Somaliland would get immediate independence and the current president would become the hero who gave them ictiraaf, Somalia on the other hand would save face by keeping darood areas and also benefit from keeping a major clan like isaaq out of the competition in parliament which means more seats for the rest of reer Somalia. Both countries would benefit but Somaliland would benefit the most so it's mind blowing that they never thought of seriously negotiating with Somalia.
This is the classical arrogant prideful behavior that is common among all somalis from all over Somaliweyn

Exactly. Darood areas in Somaliland aren't that strategically important. Yes there may be some oil blocks there but nobody is going to use that anyway.
With such a deal Somaliland would get immediate independence and the current president would become the hero who gave them ictiraaf, Somalia on the other hand would save face by keeping darood areas and also benefit from keeping a major clan like isaaq out of the competition in parliament which means more seats for the rest of reer Somalia. Both countries would benefit but Somaliland would benefit the most so it's mind blowing that they never thought of seriously negotiating with Somalia.
This is the classical arrogant prideful behavior that is common among all somalis from all over Somaliweyn
That's absurd and idiotic suggestion supported by PL rouge state as reer Sool and Bari were part of the foundation of JSL Isaaq didn't create it every northern clan created the nation and no one would split Sool iyo Bari Sanaag on clan lines.

Som

VIP
That's absurd and idiotic suggestion supported by PL rouge state as reer Sool and Bari were part of the foundation of JSL Isaaq didn't create it every northern clan created the nation and no one would split Sool iyo Bari Sanaag on clan lines.
They may have founded JSL but many are opposed to it right now.
Anyway another proposal could be a referendum in each Somaliland province to ask people wether they want to be with SL or Somalia. Both parties would have to accept the outcome and recognize the results.
I genuinely believe Somalia should accept your independence but we to get something back

Reborn
P1
I see, I didn't know that...
Honestly, today's world is largely controlled by the West.
Now the West wants to keep Somaliland in Somalia so as long as they don't change their mind, I don't see Somaliland becoming independant.

P2
You are completely right here.
I heard that the UK is funding the port of Berbera along with Ethiopia and the UAE, so it might be the beginning of something.
If Djibouti falls into the hands of the chinese, the US could build a base in SL and later recognize it.
So many scenarios could happen as long as Somalia is a mess.
We'll see what happens.

P3
Like I said it's an investment, Somalia has the longest coast in Africa and a lot of natural resources, if it ever becomes stable and strong then it will be on the side of the US.
It doesn't cost a lot of money to invest since it's a failed state, plus Somalia is in a strategic location.

Interesting times ahead of us.May the games begin (hopefully no deaths) :yousmart:

Som

VIP
Anyway let's even put these proposal aside. Somaliland is refusing to have any type of talks with Somalia. Even if somalia said "hey come to Xamar , talk with us and we will recognize you" i think Somaliland would refuse out of pride.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Anyway let's even put these proposal aside. Somaliland is refusing to have any type of talks with Somalia. Even if somalia said "hey come to Xamar , talk with us and we will recognize you" i think Somaliland would refuse out of pride.
Thats why i hope cirro becomes the next president of SL since he promised that he will have a sit down with the FGS

Som

VIP
P1

It voluntary joined a union that was technically illegal as it was never ratified. You can google the 1961 coup and see the outcome from the judge on those that attempted the coup. Also, it's the Somali Republic that British Somaliland joined and not to what we have today which is Somalia.

P2

Like you said recognition must be in the interest of world power like America regardless of "Human rights" and other nonsense. If they see a benefit then it would happen. Good thing the world is now involved in a cold war with China :wow:

P3

What I don't understand from you is what does the US get from Somalia? Somalia provides absolutely nothing to the US whether that's economically or other affairs :kanyeshrug:
P1 I'm not educated enough on this topic but the truth is that as long as the international community views Somalia as one country nobody cares about the legal technicalities of the union act.
P2 Somaliland did a great job with democracy but the current authoritarian twist again pro somalia folks isn't good for SL human rights record. You can't present yourself as a democracy and then arrest people over a blue flag or a slightly pro unionist statement. Anyway the West doesn't actually care about human rights, they just want to do business. The same is true for arabs. Why risk a instability by recognizing SL when they can do investments and business with you without officially recognizing you?
P3 both somalia and Somaliland are strategical areas of Africa. The West and other international powers want Somalia/Somaliland to keep the status quo. They want us to be safe enough to be exploited but corrupt and unstable enough to make us harmless.

Sool & Sanaag? I am Sool and Sanaag mate. Darood live in 1 district of sanaag, which is the least populated district of the region and 2 districts of Sool.

Dhulka ma guuro dadka guuraa. If this lot does not want to be part of Somaliland they can go and live in garowe. Not an inch of Somalilands soil is up for debate and someone who lost the war cannot dictate terms

Somalilands independence won't come from Somalia. Somalia is not a country, it's an African Union colony with 30,000 foreign soldiers, alshabab and ISIL occupying it from it's most northern region in puntland to it's most southern region in Jubbaland. The world doesn't expect anything from Somalia and that's why you see the Heritage Group writr articles discussing America Recognizing Somaliland. 10-20 years ago this would never be discussed but as Somaliland grows and becomes more of a regional player, the big boys will wager for their interests. Somalia simply has no say in the matter and will only watch from the sidelines while the darood continue to display their cuqdad and about the inevitable:ahh:

Som

VIP
@0117
Bro you are laughing but you know it's true.
If Farmaajo said to Bixi " hey walaal we will give up all claims on Somaliland and the whole world will recognize you, the only condition is that you come and drin Shaah in Villa Somalia" , wallahi I'm sure Bixi would refuse cause he ain't drinking shaah in villa somalia with a marexaan president.

Reborn
@0117
Bro you are laughing but you know it's true.
If Farmaajo said to Bixi " hey walaal we will give up all claims on Somaliland and the whole world will recognize you, the only condition is that you come and drin Shaah in Villa Somalia" , wallahi I'm sure Bixi would refuse cause he ain't drinking shaah in villa somalia with a marexaan president.

It's a security threat to go to Mogadishu :wow:

Som

VIP
Sool & Sanaag? I am Sool and Sanaag mate. Darood live in 1 district of sanaag, which is the least populated district of the region and 2 districts of Sool.

Dhulka ma guuro dadka guuraa. If this lot does not want to be part of Somaliland they can go and live in garowe. Not an inch of Somalilands soil is up for debate and someone who lost the war cannot dictate terms

Somalilands independence won't come from Somalia. Somalia is not a country, it's an African Union colony with 30,000 foreign soldiers, alshabab and ISIL occupying it from it's most northern region in puntland to it's most southern region in Jubbaland. The world doesn't expect anything from Somalia and that's why you see the Heritage Group writr articles discussing America Recognizing Somaliland. 10-20 years ago this would never be discussed but as Somaliland grows and becomes more of a regional player, the big boys will wager for their interests. Somalia simply has no say in the matter and will only watch from the sidelines while the darood continue to display their cuqdad and ***** about the inevitable:ahh:
Dude you had 30 years and still no ictiraaf.
Somalia is legally a legit country, the only reason why you can't get ictiraaf is because the IC doesn't want to recognize you while somalia still claims your country. If Somalia gave up it's claim everyone would recognize you. Stop being prideful and think. How many countries did get independence in the last 50 years? Not many.
Ex USSR countries gor recognized because the USSR collapsed and Russia stopped claiming them.
Eritrea got recognized because Ethiopia stop claiming them
South Sudan got recognized because Sudan accepted the independence referendum.
The only exception is Kosovo which doesn't even have full recognition, but still managed to get more ictiraaf that Somaliland
Every other secessionist country is still unrecognized, Somaliland is the ONLY country with limited recognition that doesn't even have ONE country that recognizee then: ossetia, Abkhazia,western sahara, Taiwan etc at least a few countries that recognize them.

Som

VIP
It's a security threat to go to Mogadishu :wow:
Hypothetical scenario. Farmaajo invites Muuse Biixi to a neutral territory like Djibouti to drink shaah and eat canjeero, he says he will apologize for Siyaad's crimes and recognize Somaliland which will lead to full international recognition for your country.
Wallahi I'm pretty sure Biixi would still say no because his hate for Somalia is stronger than his love for Somaliland

Hypothetical scenario. Farmaajo invites Muuse Biixi to a neutral territory like Djibouti to drink shaah and eat canjeero, he says he will apologize for Siyaad's crimes and recognize Somaliland which will lead to full international recognition for your country.
Wallahi I'm pretty sure Biixi would still say no because his hate for Somalia is stronger than his love for Somaliland

I don't think Bihi would be that crazy to refuse this since he'd get hounded out by the pro independence hardliners

Som

VIP
You had 30 years since 1991 and 30k bantus from shanty African countries dictate your politics. Just give up mate
This is not a competition mate. You should try to have a normal political discussion without bashing somalia.
Yes we had 30 years and we are still a mess, but the same is true for somaliland's independence. You had 30 years and you still failed to deliver what you promised to your citizens

Trending