Do you speak Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reer Mudug have the most neutral and eloquent accent followed by Bari and Galgaduud. Anything south of Galgaduud af Somaliga waa la kufsaday
:camby: reer mudug haven't contributed shit to the language. How can they have the most eloqeuent dialect?:gucciwhat:
The real authentic somali is spoken in waqooyi and galbeed.

Jeesto

VIP
That's such a long time no wonder you write in Somali so well
True but it didn't feel like it. The best 5 years of my life wallah. :lawd::ohhhdamn:
PS I come from a family where the somali culture and language are very valued and that made things alot easier :manny:

Last edited:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
:camby: reer mudug haven't contributed shit to the language. How can they have the most eloqeuent dialect?:gucciwhat:
The real authentic somali is spoken in waqooyi and galbeed.
Waqooyi Galbeed is the sexiest on women but the Mudug accent is the most neutral/perfect/eloquent accent

Waqooyi Galbeed is the sexiest on women but the Mudug accent is the most neutral/perfect/eloquent accent
how so? almost 100% of old school poets and singer were from the waqooyi and galbeed area. what has mudug contributed to the somali language? Authentic somali is spoken in galbeed and the deep north.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
how so? almost 100% of old school poets and singer were from the waqooyi and galbeed area. what has mudug contributed to the somali language? Authentic somali is spoken in galbeed and the deep north.
I'm not disagreeing with you as the likes of hadrawi etc are from waqooyi but I'm talking about the most intelligible eloquent with no accent. If you go north there's the waqooyi accent. If you go south there's the Abgaal accent. If you go further south these maay and Cadcad. The most neutral accent IMO is Mudug/Galgaduud/Bati

Gambar

VIP
Even those supposed Somalis who grew up in the West but speak ''good Somali'' still are at a very low linguistic level compared to those who stayed in Somalia.

It is virtually impossible to maintain a high level of Somali in the West.
No it's not, don't project your low level of Somali acquisition on to everyone else. I became fluent because my babysitter was spoke it to me, my awowe and ayeyo spoke it to me and I was forced to be their translator, and my mum would beat the shit out of me if I didn't speak it. You don't even see the value of Somali. Are you even aware of Somali literature? Do you even know the word for literature in Somali?

You're really strange for someone who sees Bantu in Somalia as a grave threat while you look down on the language. News flash: Somali Bantu speak way better Somali than you and are a benefit to the country. Grow up and learn your language before you become an odeey who can't even speak your own language.

I'm not disagreeing with you as the likes of hadrawi etc are from waqooyi but I'm talking about the most intelligible eloquent with no accent. If you go north there's the waqooyi accent. If you go south there's the Abgaal accent. If you go further south these maay and Cadcad. The most neutral accent IMO is Mudug/Galgaduud/Bati
neutral accent, yeah, most eloquent? absolutely not. Not even close. I find may mays, the xamari accent the mudug accent dreadful.

You're not wrong I always got mocked by older Somalis due to not knowing the language completely.I even remember once my mom made me take a phone call with an uncle and then laughed at me together at my lack of fluency:jcoleno::mjcry: (it still hurts)

Don't worry walaal. Somalis can be harsh.

I remember when I went back to Somalia for Dhaqan Celis, I got ROASTED for not speaking Somali. Niggas took turns in roasting me, I can't lie I was pissed!

jZVyb.gif

But I ended up learning Somali after being stuck in the badiyo for a couple of years.....

Apollo

VIP
You're really strange for someone who sees Bantu in Somalia as a grave threat while you look down on the language. News flash: Somali Bantu speak way better Somali than you and are a benefit to the country. Grow up and learn your language before you become an odeey who can't even speak your own language.

Uhm, most of them speak Maay as their 1st language. When they speak Maxaa they have a funky accent and are highly illiterate. Nope. I doubt they speak ''Somali'' and if they do, who cares, language has zero relevance to objective ethnic identification.

Gambar

VIP
Uhm, most of them speak Maay as their 1st language. When they speak Maxaa they have a funky accent and are highly illiterate. Nope. I doubt they speak ''Somali'' and if they do, who cares, language has zero relevance to objective ethnic identification.
No they dont only speak af Maay, only the ones who live in Bay/Bakool or surrounding areas. 99% of lamagoodle are illiterate anyway and their only sense of superiority comes from having narrow noses and soft hair (more like Madow curls).

You can't say you're gonna be against Bantus having a leg up and sizable population in Somalia while you can barely speak Somali. Your own family will laugh at you! Ethnic identification doesn't mean shit when Somalis care more about their closest clan than any ethnic identification.

Don't worry walaal. Somalis can be harsh.

I remember when I went back to Somalia for Dhaqan Celis, I got ROASTED for not speaking Somali. Niggas took turns in roasting me, I can't lie I was pissed!

jZVyb.gif

But I ended up learning Somali after being stuck in the badiyo for a couple of years.....
So what age were you when you went back to Somalia and came back to the West

Jeesto

VIP
No they dont only speak af Maay, only the ones who live in Bay/Bakool or surrounding areas. 99% of lamagoodle are illiterate anyway and their only sense of superiority comes from having narrow noses and soft hair (more like Madow curls).

You can't say you're gonna be against Bantus having a leg up and sizable population in Somalia while you can barely speak Somali. Your own family will laugh at you! Ethnic identification doesn't mean shit when Somalis care more about their closest clan than any ethnic identification.
Koow, @Amun what's ur response to this inaadeer?
giphy.gif

Apollo

VIP
No they dont only speak af Maay, only the ones who live in Bay/Bakool. 99% of lamagoodle are illiterate anyway and their only sense of superiority comes from having narrow noses and soft hair (more like Madow curls). You can't say you're gonna against Bantus having a leg up and sizable population in Somalia while you can barely speak Somali. Your own family will laugh at you! Ethnic identification doesn't mean shit when Somalis care more about their closest clan than any ethnic identification.

Intangible language does not change tangible biology. In America they all speak English, yet clearly White Americans and Black Americans do not identify as belonging to the same group.

PS. I don't ''barely'' speak Somali. My Somali is at upper B2 / C1 level (CEFR levels). I just don't admire it because it is so useless for me on a day-to-day basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending