Do you speak Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
I'm pissed off Waryaada. How can you be Somali and not know Somali WTF. Like how is this possible. I've been staying at my younger cousins house for the past two weeks and these sambacs don't know Somali. They sound fuckin autistic when they speak and they have a hint of that Abgaal accent when they talk when they speak which makes things worse. Anyone on Somalispot who doesn't know Somali should be ashamed of themselves.

A big observation I have also made is Somali people shying away to speak Somali in each other in public. You see Eastern Europeans, Arabs, Asians and all other races speaking their mother tongue but why are the Somali youth so shy to speak their language?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Garaad Darawiish

Astra incliant sed non obligant
I'm pissed off Waryaada. How can you be Somali and not know Somali WTF. Like how is this possible. I've been staying at my younger cousins house for the past two weeks and these sambacs don't know Somali. They sound fuckin autistic when they speak and they have a hint of that Abgaal accent when they talk when they speak which makes things worse. Anyone on Somalispot who doesn't know Somali should be ashamed of themselves.

A big observation I have also made is Somali people shying away to speak Somali in each other in public. You see Eastern Europeans, Arabs, Asians and all other races speaking their mother tongue but why are the Somali youth so shy to speak their language?
I confine somali to home with parents. I speak English and other indigenous aborigine languages when i'm at work/town.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP

Abgal (benadiri) accent is awful :vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0:

YoungFarah

VIP
War It's not the fact that they are Abgaal, most UK ciyaal don't speak english
? What do they speak? If you mean Somali then unfortunately that is true and it's disappointing. However the thing is all of my cousins know Somali except these two xoolos who know nothing. They have no Somali culture in them they just happen to be ethnically Somali. Most whitewashed kids ever.
IMG_6193.JPG

Apollo

VIP
Af-Somali has shitty content, keeping it real. No good literature, no good films, no good anything. It is more difficult to retain a high level of Somali unless you are a FOB who sit around the local Somali coffee shop for reer unemployed all day.

YoungFarah

VIP
Af-Somali has shitty content, keeping it real. No good literature, no good films, no good anything. It is more difficult to retain a high level of Somali unless you are a FOB who sit around the local Somali coffee shop for reer unemployed all day.
Not true I consider my Somali to be elite and I have never been to Somalia. I knew just as much Somali when I was 8 as I do now. I guess it depends on parenting

Apollo

VIP
Not true I consider my Somali to be elite and I have never been to Somalia. I knew just as much Somali when I was 8 as I do now. I guess it depends on parenting

Even those supposed Somalis who grew up in the West but speak ''good Somali'' still are at a very low linguistic level compared to those who stayed in Somalia.

It is virtually impossible to maintain a high level of Somali in the West.

YoungFarah

VIP
Even those supposed Somalis who grew up in the West but speak ''good Somali'' still are at a very low linguistic level compared to those who stayed in Somalia.
True but how do you explain the diaspora speaking English to one another whereas other races speak their languages. You never see a Romanian speak English to another Romanian in London

Apollo

VIP
True but how do you explain the diaspora speaking English to one another whereas other races speak their languages. You never see a Romanian speak English to another Romanian in London

95% of Romanians in the UK grew up in Romania and their language probably has way better content than Af-Somali.

? What do they speak? If you mean Somali then unfortunately that is true and it's disappointing. However the thing is all of my cousins know Somali except these two xoolos who know nothing. They have no Somali culture in them they just happen to be ethnically Somali. Most whitewashed kids ever.
Yes I mean somali, and It's like that with most qurbojoog kids (unless they grew up in a gangsta tuulo)

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Whenever im at home i tried my best to speak it. Wallahi my somali was A1 when i came back from hargeisa 3 years ago now its gone back to shit.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Somali is a dead language. About time everyone moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending