Do you know these words in Somali? I need a somali "word" for both

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@one @Tameable Qumayo , here are the fun stories about Jinni I searched and dug up for you :ftw9nwa:

Silad is the closest to humans in form and can marry them if they are destined to meet according to Shaymaa.

:mjcry:How am I going to sleep tonight? Please tell me that is not a real jinn speaking.

Wait:mugshotman:
She said the jinn women prefer the somali men to their jinn men in somalia.

Wey noo dhamaate:jcoleno:we now have jinns participating in the cushitic genocide.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
:mjcry:How am I going to sleep tonight? Please tell me that is not a real jinn speaking.

Wait:mugshotman:
She said the jinn women prefer the somali men to their jinn men in somalia.

Wey noo dhamaate:jcoleno:we now have jinns participating in the cushitic genocide.

I lost it when she said "Dhibbane Jacayl ayaan ahay", Just couldn't hold back and was rolling on the floor. My God!

Her voice and her somali both honey laced and beautiful, she could easily seduce me to follow her to the depths of the Ocean in Muqdishu.

:russ:

Let us note even mention her sexy name "Raymaa". Damn! Mood.

:mjcry:

PS: It is not real although the people behind the program never admitt anywhere to my knowledge that this is fake.

I was surprised how matter of fact and full of confidence she comes across. It was fun to lsiten to those clips. They had me scratching my head few times.

As far as fear of Jinni goes, you shouldn't have any because there is a barrier between us. Also, you seem the type who is mindful of God. As long as you mention The name of God as you enter the bathrooms, and when you sleep at night, you will be fine. The Jinni has no power on their own and can not do anything without the permission of God. So, you are good.

There is a true story of a somali man who is very old telling a story about himself as a young lad when he met a female jinni. They got married and had children together. Amazing story. It is on Youtube. That is the only true story of a jinni enocunter I heard from the person who encountered them.

Jinni stories are plenty in Somalia. They share the land with Somalis for sure.

Raymaa, the supposedly Jinni girl in the clip, is amazing. Very impressive how she knows about Love. She rolls better than the human somali females lol.

Last edited:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I lost it when she said "Dhibbane Jacayl ayaan ahay", Just couldn't hold back and was rolling on the floor. My God!

Her voice and her somali both honey laced and beautiful, she could easily seduce me to follow her to the depths of the Ocean in Muqdishu.

Let us note even mention her sexy name "Raymaa". Damn! Mood.

:mjcry:

PS: It is not real although the people behind the program never admitt anywhere to my knowledge that this is fake.

I was surprised how matter of fact and full of confidence she comes across. It was fun to lsiten to those clips. They had me scratching my head few times.

As far as fear of Jinni goes, you shouldn't have any because there is a barrier between us. Also, you seem the type who is mindful of God. As long as you mention The name of God as you enter the bathrooms, and when you sleep at night, you will be fine. The Jinni has no power on their own and can not do anything without the permission of God. So, you are good.

There is a true story of a somali man who is very old telling a story about himself as a young lad when he met a female jinni. They got married and had children together. Amazing story. It is on Youtube. That is the only true story of a jinni enocunter I heard from the person who encountered them.

Jinni stories are plenty in Somalia. They share the land with Somalis for sure.

Raymaa, the supposedly Jinni girl in the clip, is amazing. Very impressive how she knows about Love. She rolls better than the human somali females lol.

Alhamdullilah its fake story :ummhmsmiley:
I find the supernatural world fascinating atst scary. I guess its the same reason why some people love watching horror movies lol

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
IftiinOfLife, Tameable Qumayo, one and others, stay tuned. I will soon bring a cool intro of the Jinn and its tribes including the favorite Cirfiid kind our resident lady "one" likes to meet. Will even mention the Jinni tribe that lives in Somalia and who shares the land with us. If you think thsoe tribes fight along clan lines, they do too.. fun stuff to come.

I hit a gold mine of info last night. So stay tuned friends. Much to come soon.

There are many Jinn groupings in Somalia, you think we ain't woke lol, we know what's up lol.

:ayaanswag:

Lol don't publicize this info tho lol:gaasdrink:

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
@one @Tameable Qumayo , here are the fun stories about Jinni I searched and dug up for you :ftw9nwa:

There are videos on Youtube made for fun and to feed into the myth and legends of Jinni among somalis.

I wrote down the clan parts for you and quoted the woman purported to be Jinni herself being interviewed. She goes by the name Shaymaa. She mentions this list below of Jinni clans. Start at 2:06 minutes to listen to her tally the clans. She is also in love with a somali guy. Funny story.

Enjoy the fun. @Tameable Qumayo, If your somali isn't really good, will help you with the entire clip at no cost. You are cute Sheekhad.

There are two groups of Jinni

A- Ilma Jinn
B- Bah Ibliis

They are subdivided into ten clans

1- Quuluu
2- Cifriid
3- Hinaah
4- Naasnaas
5- Jaan
6- Mariid
7- Baalis
8- Shiqqi
9- Shaydaan
10- Silad

The following are of Ibliis

a- shaydaan
b- mariid
c- shiqii
d- quuluu

Silad is the closest to humans in form and can marry them if they are destined to meet according to Shaymaa.

Bah Iblis ...

We never beefing them lol

I am familiar with some of these names but I know other somali ones lol. These are mostly arabic.

From what I was told the Horn of Africa jinns are more City based lol.

Alhamdullilah its fake story :ummhmsmiley:
I find the supernatural world fascinating atst scary. I guess its the same reason why some people love watching horror movies lol

Well, you have to step up and save me from Raymaa then. Empty rhetoric ain't gonna dissuade me from my Crash Raymaa. I am smitten ee hay qaban sweetie, let me plunge into the sea and meet the cool Raymaa family, miskiinta she is dhibbane jacayl and needs saving.

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

Bah Iblis ...

I am familiar with some of these names but I know other somali ones lol. These are mostly arabic.

I think I forgot to mention on my resume I know Jinni Bixis. Seeing you have one inside you, I am the guy you need to camp with.

Ever heard of Mingis and Ruxaan?

@one knows it likely.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Gacalka, aniga waqooyi ma tagin ma ogtahay? Koonfurta waa soo maray laakiin ilaa baadiyaheeda fog oo ku dhow xuduudda. Magacyada meelaha aan soo maray oo aan xusuusanahay waxaa ka mid ah Jiiro, Arboqarso, Hayuujeeraa, Magar, Tarri all Oromo named Baadiye locations taken over by Somalis more than 100 years ago. My parents never visited these locations. It is only me who ended up traveling to Baadiye by Allah's Qaddar. And with young relatives. Some close and some distant.

Waaba cool haddii Kuray iyo gashaanti laga isticmaalo waqooyiga iyo meelaha kale ee ka baxsan waamo iyo koofurta.

Yea, i asked help with poems because their somali is above my grade level. Laakiin adigaaba macallin ii noqon karo.

Wax ka fiican naag macallimad ah ma jiro. Darsi iyo Muuqaal wanagsan oo hal meel ah yaa heli kara. Markaad isha iga dadabtana waan ku eegi lahaa

:sass2:

Markaad isoo eegtana hoos ayaan eegi lahaa anigoo iska dhigaaya nin xishooday.

Welcome to the party Abaayo. Ha is martiyaynin.
Mashallah, ilayn "Dalmar" baad tahay...:shookgabre:
I always tell the FKD kids on here to visit dhulka hooyo instead of arguing over which dusty tuulo is bigger on google maps.

Never heard any of those tuulos/cities before. I tried googling the names and got directed to this post:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...shu-over-lowly-post.36125/page-10#post-962484

Is that your previous macawiis?:icon lol::icon lol:

I'm active in this thread, you can always come here^^
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somali-linguistics-thread.62888/page-6

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Loooooo:cryinglaughsmiley:I haven't finished watching the whole thing yet, but horta, she didn't lie about one thing. From what I heard from stories...most geeljire jinns seem to be reer xeebeed/baxaari(live near shores) or buuraley(mountain dwellers). And then there are the "reer magaals" that reside in kudaafadaha(garbage dumps). Uff, I hate reer magaal jinns:icon lol::icon lol:

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Bah Iblis ...

:cryinglaughsmiley:
Can you share the names with us?

I heard lots of foreign jinns from Carabaha reside in Somalia:icon lol:

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Ever heard of Mingis and Ruxaan?

@one knows it likely.
But of course I know! Roxaan, wadaaddo, shaxar, fuquburaale or fiqiburaale, mingis, nasro, booramaha, xayaad(southern somalia only) etc.

First of all, it's Rooxaan not Ruxaan.
Rooxaan or Wadaaddo are the spirits of awliyo(saints). People nowadays associate rooxaan with jinns.
In order not to anger the rooxaan, Somalis used to cook casumaad and place the food in front of their aqal.
Rooxaanta or wadaaddada love camels! So it's even better if you offer them some camels.:eating:
The act of inviting and martisooring the rooxaan to your house is called "Saar".

Someone who falls sick due to roxaanta is suffering from "mingis". The way to cure mingiska is through saar-tumid aka a saar dance, the purpose of the dance is to reach jilbo(trance) and that's when the spirits leave the body.
Saar tumid is usually performed by women but it's a dying practice now. Most women who used to practice Saar moved onto Sitaad ama Sitaat which is dikr. Most of them distance themselves from saar, rooxan etc.

Baarcadde and batar are saar dances. There's also this saar dance performed by Somali men from Southern Somalia.

The popular belief is that Saar came to Somalis through Ethiopia(Harar) whilst Sufis are argue that Sh. Jaylaani introduced it to them.

Funny story on rooxaanta, watch the first 5 mins.:icon lol:
Ruxaan, mingis, and the most ancient of them all, Faal!

:francis:

This is deep magic territory
Faal is not a spirit lol. It just means astrology.
Faaliye: One who reads the stars or predicts the future.
Fal: Magic.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
:cryinglaughsmiley:
Can you share the names with us?

I heard lots of foreign jinns from Carabaha reside in Somalia:icon lol:

Nah lots of somali jinns more powerful then gaajo arab jinnis.

The strongest ones I was told lived on the coasts. Also this information is not for public access, because these idiot kid users on this site will call upon these jinniyaal.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Nah lots of somali jinns more powerful then gaajo arab jinnis.

The strongest ones I was told lived on the coasts. Also this information is not for public access, because these idiot kid users on this site will call upon these jinniyaal.
Then PM me.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
But of course I know! Roxaan, wadaaddo, shaxar, fuquburaale or fiqiburaale, mingis, nasro, booramaha, xayaad(southern somalia only) etc.

First of all, it's Rooxaan not Ruxaan.
Rooxaan or Wadaaddo are the spirits of awliyo(saints). People nowadays associate rooxaan with jinns.
In order not to anger the rooxaan, Somalis used to cook casumaad and place the food in front of their aqal.
Rooxaanta or wadaaddada love camels! So it's even better if you offer them some camels.:eating:
The act of inviting and martisooring the rooxaan to your house is called "Saar".

Someone who falls sick due to roxaanta is suffering from "mingis". The way to cure mingiska is through saar-tumid aka a saar dance, the purpose of the dance is to reach jilbo(trance) and that's when the spirits leave the body.
Saar tumid is usually performed by women but it's a dying practice now. Most women who used to practice Saar moved onto Sitaad ama Sitaat which is dikr. Most of them distance themselves from saar, rooxan etc.

Baarcadde and batar are saar dances. There's also this saar dance performed by Somali men from Southern Somalia.

The popular belief is that Saar came to Somalis through Ethiopia(Harar) whilst Sufis are argue that Sh. Jaylaani introduced it to them.

Funny story on rooxaanta, watch the first 5 mins.:icon lol:

Faal is not a spirit lol. It just means astrology.
Faaliye: One who reads the stars or predicts the future.
Fal: Magic.

You are talking about Somali Badiye magic, in Waaq days, they would give their camels to waaq because that is all they had lol.

The science that was fal, was the highest and was on same level of Ancient Egypt's mystery sciences, this is what my family told me. We were high level magicians until we repented and became a part of the Abrahamic faiths during the time of Musa pbuh.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
@astorecalledkmart, @Tameable Qumayo

We all suck at somali then :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: I am fluent speaker of it and know a lot about it, unfortunately, I have never been to Mudug and beyond marka afsoomaaliga waawayn iskuma fiicnin.

I have been thinking about the words I asked about though. So will give it shot, perhaps someone can come up with their exact meaning at some point.

Horaad = Hor + aad . The word "Hor" means first or at the front, the word aad means go, so Horaad can mean someone who goes first, or stays at first. I could be wrong but it may have to do with breastfeeding and specifically the first drink a babe takes from his mother's breast after birth?

There are other words close like Hore, Horay, Hor.

To give you the background story behind the line I quoted from a poem, the poet was appealing to a close clan, and the two clans are said to have shared a mother, so the poet is mentioning what binds the two and the fact that both clans suckled the same breastmilk, makes the sharing of mother's milk something that can not be forgotten aka Naaska hari waayay. Like a brotherhood that can never be left behind or forgotten.

HalHays and Halqabsi I think it is a saying someone is fond of and uses it often. Both words are two words joined together.

Hal = She-camel

Hays = holding
Qabsi = to hold onto

I hope someone clarifies some more on the words. They are big Somali words.
Qabo and hay=Same meaning. To grasp (something)
Hal= She-camel waa sax! But in this case it means: @one lol
Halqabsi= Parable
Halhays= Adage

Bilowga ma kasaysaa?
Horaadka=Bilowga
The beginning of the book= Horaadka/bilowga buuga.

Naaska hari waayay=Nothing left of the milk.
In conclusion: Caanaha kuma filna/ma gaarayo labada reerood.:siilaanyolaugh:
Brotherhood maxay ah? Are you sure in aanay labada reerood "is galin" markuu caanuhu ku bar go'ay?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
You are talking about Somali Badiye magic, in Waaq days, they would give their camels to waaq because that is all they had lol.

The science was Fal was the highest and was on same level of Ancient Egypt's mystery sciences, this is what my family told me.
Not all Somalis worshipped Waaq, at least not where I'm from.
Waaq is a pagan Oromo religion:icon lol:

Nah, they offered the camels to the awliqo because angering/displeasing the awliyo meant you did the same to Eebe.

Ancient Egypt? Bisinka, I was talking to a Hotep all this time..:shookgabre:

I am muslim so I cannot promote the institution of magic lol.
Waayahay, ina kala kexee. Kolleyba meesha waxba kuma hayside.:icon lol::icon lol:

Mashallah, ilayn "Dalmar" baad tahay...:shookgabre:
I always tell the FKD kids on here to visit dhulka hooyo instead of arguing over which dusty tuulo is bigger on google maps.

Never heard any of those tuulos/cities before. I tried googling the names and got directed to this post:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...shu-over-lowly-post.36125/page-10#post-962484

Is that your previous macawiis?:icon lol::icon lol:

I'm active in this thread, you can always come here^^
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somali-linguistics-thread.62888/page-6

Maya Abaayo, Haven't been to all the places mentioned in that post but have heard of them. Only to some. And these locations are Baadiye not cities. That is why you can find them on maps.

Will join the other thread too.