Do you believe having racial preferences is racist?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You might be. It's still racism. Racism is the prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
You're retarded man, stop responding to me. I didn't discriminate against a race, nor was I prejudice. And I certainly didn't antagonize anyone. What is a downie doing on sspot? Go back to shitting yourself and get serious help

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yeah act confused. You said I discriminated against a race. I did not, I just don't find certain features attractive. Nothing to do with race. The prejudice and antagonization I don't even have to explain. Just ecause a certain race has those features commonly doesn't mean I hate that race or that I wouldn't hire them, be friends with them, or even donate. Not dating someone =/= discrimination. Not to mention I would still date a race as long as they had the features I am looking for.

Yeah act confused. You said I discriminated against a race. I did not, I just don't find certain features attractive. Nothing to do with race. The prejudice and antagonization I don't even have to explain. Just ecause a certain race has those features commonly doesn't mean I hate that race or that I wouldn't hire them, be friends with them, or even donate. Not dating someone =/= discrimination. Not to mention I would still date a race as long as they had the features I am looking for.
I don't have Down's Syndrome though. And why would you ridicule something like that? I think you might be the one who needs serious help sxb.

Race is exactly about hate and prejudice man. It's not like I'm making someone else's life harder if I don't marry or date them. This "racism" you're describing is in no way shape or form immoral or unethical, considering you aren't harming anyone, putting them down, or treating them poorly. So by classifying racism in a non unethical manner you are undermining the severity of racism. Racism is something serious that causes harm or other detriments to people for no reason.

I choose not to marry a certain person, not because of their race, but because of their features. It just so happens that these features are prevalent in their race. If I am unable to reject them or classified as a racist because of this it is unfair to me, you are practically demonizing me for making my own choice without harming anyone. Either that or you're calling me something meaningless since "subconcious racism" has now lost its meaning.

If I say I want tall men to be my bodyguards, but a certain race has mainly short men. Does that mean by raising these standards I am being racist? By implying they're an "inferior" choice when it comes to employing bodyguards?
Why do you keep bringing up features?, i specifically classified in my last comment that preferring a specific feature isnt racist. I just said its a bit of a slippery slope

Again, i see where you're coming from and you're right you aren't harming anyone or putting anyone down by having a racial preference.
But it can become a problem when its very influential people, bringing their own racial/featurist/colorist "preferences to work and media. Lets say im the head of the model and movie industry, and for years i only display my own "preference", dont you think that would have a effect?. So you might not make another persons like harder with your (sub)conscious bias, but it doesnt mean it cant.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Why do you keep bringing up features?, i specifically classified in my last comment that preferring a specific feature isnt racist. I just said its a bit of a slippery slope

Again, i see where you're coming from and you're right you aren't harming anyone or putting anyone down by having a racial preference.
But it can become a problem when its very influential people, bringing their own racial/featurist/colorist "preferences to work and media. Lets say im the head of the model and movie industry, and for years i only display my own "preference", dont you think that would have a effect?. So you might not make another persons like harder with your (sub)conscious bias, but it doesnt mean it cant.
Yes that would have an effect. But that doesn't mean it's racist. It's just unlucky, the head of the model and movie industry isn't trying to discriminate against a certain race purely because of their race, they're just picking beautiful people based on their opinion and they believe these beautiful people would be best suited to work for them. It is a job after all and they can't be forced to pick people they don't believe are beautiful.

Like I said, we'd have to go back to the definition of racism. Not every negative thing that has a relationship with race is racism. Use my bodyguard analogy, would that be considered racism?

Yes that would have an effect. But that doesn't mean it's racist. It's just unlucky, the head of the model and movie industry isn't trying to discriminate against a certain race purely because of their race, they're just picking beautiful people based on their opinion and they believe these beautiful people would be best suited to work for them. It is a job after all and they can't be forced to pick people they don't believe are beautiful.

Like I said, we'd have to go back to the definition of racism. Not every negative thing that has a relationship with race is racism. Use my bodyguard analogy, would that be considered racism?
Did I not do just that?

And yes it's racist to think people aren't beautiful because of their race. You'd think that'd be easy to understand, especially for a guy who called me retarded.

So his preference that deems a specific race lookwise inferior and would further inflict harm on that race, isnt racist? Its litteraly text book definiton of racism?
1589675877648.png

And regarding the bodyguard analogy, being tall is a feature which every race can possess, i know different races are generally taller and shorter, but its still not exactly racist but featurism, which can still have negative impact on a group.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
as long as you dont put down other races while having your preference its cool, everyone has it
I couldn’t of said it better myself. The problem is see with a lot of black women is that they tend to put down bm when they “swirl”. Also, swirl is such a stupid word. Loni Love is an example. She’s with a white guy, but constantly disses black dudes on her show.!It never dawned on her that her being 250lbs and not wanting to be submissive is why she couldn’t find a decent black guy. Have heard of Crystal Swirls ?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
So his preference that deems a specific race lookwise inferior and would further inflict harm on that race, isnt racist? Its litteraly text book definiton of racism?
View attachment 117926
And regarding the bodyguard analogy, being tall is a feature which every race can possess, i know different races are generally taller and shorter, but its still not exactly racist but featurism, which can still have negative impact on a group.
I already told you. That is not what we’re talking about at all. You’re completely changed the topic, literally no one said “all people of a certain race are ugly”. You brought that up yourself. You’re skewing my words.

Trending