Do you believe having racial preferences is racist?

I love it when you teach me new things :shaq: Thank you for the info :diddyass:
you're welcome...
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Disagree. Your logic is incredibly flawed.
People from the same race tend to have similar features and looks in common. If you grew up in an environment that made you dislike those features, not because they hail from a certain race, but just because you’re more attracted to other features. That doesn’t make you racist. Racism is prejudice and hate against a race. Just because I wouldn’t plan on dating a certain race doesn’t mean I hate them or hold prejudice against them. Just like how if I wouldn’t date an individual purely on their looks it doesn’t mean I hate them or hold any prejudice towards them.

Don’t confuse refusal to marry or date with discrimination, hatred, or prejudice. Sometimes those things may be the reason, which would be racist. But not always.
Disliking a specific feature doesnt make you exactly racist, but some features are more common in a specifc race, so its a bit of a slippery slope, but featurism and colorism is another topic.

Racism isnt just about hate and prejudice. If you find a whole race look wise inferior, purely based on their race its subconscious racism.

Would you say its just preference that majority of India(ns) dislike darker skin? and not a product of a racist environment that views darker skin as inferior?, from complete racist lightning cream commercial to giving the bollywood antagonist way darker skin. :jaynerd:

Again, subconscious bias or preference is the last type of racism we have to worry about atm,
Its not that deep, everyone has them.

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Disliking a specific feature doesnt make you exactly racist, but some features are more common in a specifc race, so its a bit of a slippery slope, but featurism and colorism is another topic.
And racism isnt just about hate and prejudice. If you find a whole race look wise inferior, purely based on their race its subconscious racism.

Would you say its just preference that majority of India(ns) dislike darker skin? and not a product of a racist environment that views darker skin as inferior?, from complete racist lightning cream commercial to giving the bollywood antagonist way darker skin. :jaynerd:

Again, subconscious bias or preference is the last type of racism we have to worry about atm,
Its not that deep, everyone has them.
Race is exactly about hate and prejudice man. It's not like I'm making someone else's life harder if I don't marry or date them. This "racism" you're describing is in no way shape or form immoral or unethical, considering you aren't harming anyone, putting them down, or treating them poorly. So by classifying racism in a non unethical manner you are undermining the severity of racism. Racism is something serious that causes harm or other detriments to people for no reason.

I choose not to marry a certain person, not because of their race, but because of their features. It just so happens that these features are prevalent in their race. If I am unable to reject them or classified as a racist because of this it is unfair to me, you are practically demonizing me for making my own choice without harming anyone. Either that or you're calling me something meaningless since "subconcious racism" has now lost its meaning.

If I say I want tall men to be my bodyguards, but a certain race has mainly short men. Does that mean by raising these standards I am being racist? By implying they're an "inferior" choice when it comes to employing bodyguards?

Race is exactly about hate and prejudice man. It's not like I'm making someone else's life harder if I don't marry or date them. This "racism" you're describing is in no way shape or form immoral or unethical, considering you aren't harming anyone, putting them down, or treating them poorly. So by classifying racism in a non unethical manner you are undermining the severity of racism. Racism is something serious that causes harm or other detriments to people for no reason.

I choose not to marry a certain person, not because of their race, but because of their features. It just so happens that these features are prevalent in their race. If I am unable to reject them or classified as a racist because of this it is unfair to me, you are practically demonizing me for making my own choice without harming anyone. Either that or you're calling me something meaningless since "subconcious racism" has now lost its meaning.

If I say I want tall men to be my bodyguards, but a certain race has mainly short men. Does that mean by raising these standards I am being racist? By implying they're an "inferior" choice when it comes to employing bodyguards?
You might be. It's still racism. Racism is the prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Trending