Do you believe having racial preferences is racist?

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
As the title says, do you believe not being attracted to entire races of people is racist? Yay or nay?

Got this idea from IG, a post is making the rounds today claiming that having racial preferences is “an internalized form of racism”.

Ladies and gents of Somalispot what are your thoughts?

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
A conscious racial preference is fine. But if it’s subconscious there’s something wrong with you

Lmao
Nah. You like what you like. As long as your keeping it yourself it’s all good.

Your not racist until you act on it

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Wouldn’t it be the opposite? Lol
No. For example if I state I will only date somali guys that’s a conscious preference since I’m still attracted to everyone else I just choose to have a preference.

It’s worrying when you are only attracted to one group without it being a choice or circumstance (only being around one group).

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Waiting for someone to make an incendiary comment.
giphy.gif

Hot take
No one is born with a preference, we're a product of environment.
So if you wouldnt date/marry a whole racial group based on looks, you are subconsciously racist, and the environment you grew up in is racist.

Last edited:
Hot take
No one is born with a preference, we're a product of environment.
So if you wouldnt date/marry a whole racial group based on looks, you are subconsciously racist, and the environment you grew up in his racist.
But as long as you aint full on racist, its not that deep. I also have my own subconscious bias and racism :mjdontkno:

Dating studies have shown that white people are considered ''to be the most attractive'' out of all races. If you're a white person on a dating site, you are more likely to get more matches and more messages than any other racial group.

Trending