Do we have a natural ally?

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
I see myself better than ayrabs & i don’t have an inferiority complex, but i can sense when an ayrab looks down on a non-arab.
We were literally sending aid to them lol. How can you have an inferiority complex towards folks who were begging u for aid lol.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
We could use an alliance in North Africa, maybe Morocco?

Maybe Japan too.

What if we had an Indian Ocean block kinda like NATO?
Something like NATO would need a strong power to keep everyone in line.
Unless somalia can develop a kickass Navy AFTER it has gone through the process of rebuilding and industrialising then india would probably take the reigns

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I see myself better than ayrabs & i don’t have an inferiority complex, but i can sense when an ayrab looks down on a non-arab.
So? Let them? It shouldn’t bother you. You claim to look down on arabs yet don’t like them looking down on you. It’s a two way street here. Arabs are generally Cordial with us, so it really doesn’t matter. It’s other sub saharan Africans that they actually look down on and I’m not taking up for them.

So? Let them? It shouldn’t bother you. You claim to look down at arabs yet don’t like them looking down on you. It’s a two way street here. Arabs are generally Cordial with us, so it really doesn’t matter. It’s other sub saharan Africans that they actually look down on and I’m not taking up for them.
i’m just saying somalis should stop mixing with ayrabs who look down on them. i don’t care about ayrabs lol i’m just disgusted when i see somalis choose their arab brethren over their own.

Khaemwaset

VIP

Khaemwaset

VIP
It is 'cos they are protected from it whereas those in the Diaspora are exposed, and once they have been exposed, like those of us here, they shall bellow: I am ...am ...am ...I do not know; why are you asking me :)
Lots of diaspora should spend a summer in somalia and they will finally get back the pride and arrogance from our forefathers.
Imagine if the somali diaspora in the west moved with the pride of people back home, we would be untouchable

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
We could use an alliance in North Africa, maybe Morocco?

Maybe Japan too.

What if we had an Indian Ocean block kinda like NATO?
I’m doubling down on Morocco. They’ve been desperate looking to strengthen their ties with other African countries. It would give them a regional ally as well as better access to the Indian ocean.

Somalia is in a very strategic location, if we were developed and strong. We could rule the Red Sea, Gulf of Berbera(!), and Indian Ocean like China does to the South China sea. We only need Egypt or Botswanas level of development to achieve this since everyone else is so weak.

A nation is not an island unto itself, can not stand alone, even if a budding empire, and must have allies, be it in its immediate geography, or elsewhere in the geopolitics of the global order. So, the question is who is our a natural ally? Do we need alliance? If so, who is it?

Or are we that undesirable, if naturally antagonistic loner peaking at any and all in our proximity?

Backdrop:
At the tail of the 16th century, at the height of the Adal Sultanate, Europeans rescued Axum kingdom whilst destroying Adal.

At the turn of the 20th century, the West prevented Ethiopia from sinking into a full blown civil war, with Carter taking charge, whilst watching Somalia brew in its own bile; I am not discounting Boutros Ghali's failed attempts to resuscitate the nation.

And in the 21st century, the West pulled Ethiopia from the brink of a civil war negotiating a peace accord between Tigray and the Ethiopian government, with the AU put in charge this time.

Elsewhere:
i) Culture: The English speaking nations go wherever one goes,
ii) Religion: Christians birr and sprint, where one is on his knees,
ii) Mutual interest: Despite their differences, Russia and China are forever natural allies.

Just to name a few.

It is one thing to be roaming nomads of the desert, as if kings of their domain, albeit no longer are, but it is another in today's vastly intricate, if gaming world.

A question for the naturally curious, if thinking minds: who is our natural ally? Do we have any?

SADLY NO WE HAVE NO ALLIES WE ALL WE GOT which in itself is beautiful .

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Lots of diaspora should spend a summer in somalia and they will finally get back the pride and arrogance from our forefathers.
Imagine if the somali diaspora in the west moved with the pride of people back home, we would be untouchable
The way israel has birth right trips, we need that too.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
@CALMONE20### @Idrus
All right, for N Africa nations are going through similar upheavals are we are in terms of identity, economy, and politics.
At least Morocco won’t have coups or destabilization. They love their King.

Theyve been fighting a lot with the EU and especially France this year. Just last week the french side said their relations are positive but the Moroccan side said f*ck that, our relations are horrible.

Trending