Do people usually think your Somali? What do people usually guess you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Literally same, I spoke Somali to a Yemeni guy assuming he was Somali also and he responded in Somali before telling me he was Yemeni :faysalwtf:
I was incredibly confused :farole:
Turns out the guy grew up in Somalia
"ma Somali baa tahay?"

"maya"

:deadpeter:

Bohol

VIP
I did get a couple of Eritreans trying to speak their gibberish language to me ( I had to tell them sorry I am Somali). Usually I get recognized straight away as a original Somali though by other races.

It's funny, in my childhood i was the lightest kid. So much so that i was nicknamed *My name*-Cade. It used to bother me so much that i was much lighter than my siblings. I grew darker as i aged though so that's not an issue anymore.
Yeah my lighter siblings were always called qurux just because they were lighter. My younger sister is so cadaan and she was always praised for her skin colour. Looking back to when I was a kid, I didn't really care or know how much skin colour really mattered to dadka Somalida. But I thank my lucky stars that I'm not living in Somalia right now, it must be unfortunate for dark skinned girls to be told to bleach to look better, that is just disgusting.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Yeah my lighter siblings were always called qurux just because they were lighter. My younger sister is so cadaan and she was always praised for her skin colour. Looking back to when I was a kid, I didn't really care or know how much skin colour really mattered to dadka Somalida. But I thank my lucky stars that I'm not living in Somalia right now, it must be unfortunate for dark skinned girls to be told to bleach to look better, that is just disgusting.

Never understood the obsession with skin tone, dark or light, facial features are much more important :manny:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
When your Somali relatives are saying "Mashallah cadaan badna" to your sibling

and you're just standing at a corner like
:mjcry:

Last edited:
When your Somali relatives are saying "Mashallah cadaan badna" to your sibling

and your just standing at a corner like
:mjcry:
7fkdhvp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.