Do people usually think your Somali? What do people usually guess you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP is beyond gassed talmbout they get mistaken for Ethiopian, Eritrean, Yemeni, Arab, a Saudi exchange camel, Egyptian and Caribbean.

Reading it reminded me of this wallahi, kadareey waaye.
I don't feel gassed at all. I actually wish people thought I looked Somali. There's nothing great about being Arab, Caribbean, or Habeshi

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I don't feel gassed at all. I actually wish people thought I looked Somali. There's nothing great about being Arab, Caribbean, or Habeshi

Another stock response.

Believe me, we've seen quite literally dozens of nearly identical posts

:camby:

Well you obviously live in a city with unfortunate looking Somali niggas. But there's a lot of good looking Somali guys in my city, including me.
Lmao, alot of the Somali guys here are handsome, but almost never light skinned, but if they are then they usually aren't cute.

I get habesha people speaking amharic or tigrinya to me on the streets so often that if I see one approaching me, I don't even wait for them to finish their sentence, I tell them I'm somali off the bat. They always seem shocked when I say I'm Somali. I saw a somali sales girl at the mall once, asked her if she was Somali and she said yeah and she told me she thought I was eritrean the whole time. I don't know why people think that. I think I look 100% somali.

There are times and based on how I dress, I can get off not looking somali around somali parents. That doesn't happen often but once or twice it did.

Cadaan guys always ask me what my ethnicity is and can't guess where I'm from, but surprisingly the caribbean guys in Toronto always seem to guess correctly.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
More time people in general know I am Somali from a far if not then they will hear me up close speaking Somali I often accidentally speak Somali with my non Somali associates.

I get habesha people speaking amharic or tigrinya to me on the streets so often that if I see one approaching me, I don't even wait for them to finish their sentence, I tell them I'm somali off the bat. They always seem shocked when I say I'm Somali. I saw a somali sales girl at the mall once, asked her if she was Somali and she said yeah and she told me she thought I was eritrean the whole time. I don't know why people think that. I think I look 100% somali.

There are times and based on how I dress, I can get off not looking somali around somali parents. That doesn't happen often but once or twice it did.

Cadaan guys always ask me what my ethnicity is and can't guess where I'm from, but surprisingly the caribbean guys in Toronto always seem to guess correctly.

Same. A lot of Somalis think I'm eritrean or ethiopian, its annoying. I think I look pure Somali. Just lighter than the average Abdi lol. Are you from Toronto or Sauga?

Same. A lot of Somalis think I'm eritrean or ethiopian, its annoying. I think I look pure Somali. Just lighter than the average Abdi lol. Are you from Toronto or Sauga?
It doesn't have to do with your skin tone it's a about the eyes I'm very light skinned and I'm never called habesha while my sister who has the same skin color is called habesha all the time because she has big eyes

I don't think habesha's are lighter than somalis. But I agree with you about the eyes, I just don't have the stereotypical habesha big eyes so I don't know why they think that.

It doesn't have to do with your skin tone it's a about the eyes I'm very light skinned and I'm never called habesha while my sister who has the same skin color is called habesha all the time because she has big eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.