RIP, Coronoa killed this guy used in this emoji :susp::susp::susp:

4928.jpg
:deadmanny: rip.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
My parents are watching somali news in the living room, how is this adeer reporter saying, "... korona sagaal iyo toban."

I can't!! :drakelaugh: :dead:

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
What is the correlation between Covid-19 and Black people?
Something is really fishy and I want to know why there is a overwhelming over representation among black people, whether it is Somalis or African American. Clearly melanin is popping is not an advantage. In fact the only released data about racial representation(that I know off so far) is the early reports in March from Sweden, ( which in fact was not taken serious and broadcasted until the organization of Somali-Swedish Doctors vented this alarming issue out to the public and wrote reports regarding the over representation.), also the latest reports from Norway that I posted the other day.
Now when Corona is finally knocking down the US I’ve been eager to read more about the black community and how the racial makeup outcome looks like regarding this pandemic. Illinois being one of the few states to release racial data also showed this mind boggling conclusion;

African Americans = 14.6 % of the state population.
In reported cases of Covid-19 in Illinois: 28 %.

White people = 76.9 % of the state population.
In reported cases of Covid-19 in Illinois: 39%

So what’s up really? This should not be hidden information from the public, in fact race, age and biological gender do matter in healthcare system.

Something is really fishy and I want to know why there is a overwhelming over representation among black people, whether it is Somalis or African American. Clearly melanin is popping is not an advantage. In fact the only released data about racial representation(that I know off so far) is the early reports in March from Sweden, ( which in fact was not taken serious and broadcasted until the organization of Somali-Swedish Doctors vented this alarming issue out to the public and wrote reports regarding the over representation.), also the latest reports from Norway that I posted the other day.
Now when Corona is finally knocking down the US I’ve been eager to read more about the black community and how the racial makeup outcome looks like regarding this pandemic. Illinois being one of the few states to release racial data also showed this mind boggling conclusion;

So what’s up really? This should not be hidden information from the public, in fact race, age and biological gender do matter in healthcare system.

Let's be honest Somalis and blacks rarely take shit seriously, not to mention that it's not too uncommon for multiple generations of Somalis to live under one roof.

It's similar to the Pakistani community in the UK at the moment. They're significantly over represented in covid-19 deaths. They're like less than 5% of the population yet accounted for 20%+ is regards to Covid-19 deaths last time I checked. In Birmingham at least, could just be a coincidence?
:kanyeshrug:

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
Let's be honest Somalis and blacks rarely take shit seriously, not to mention that it's not too uncommon for multiple generations of Somalis to live under one roof.

It's similar to the Pakistani community in the UK at the moment. They're significantly over represented in covid-19 deaths. They're like less than 5% of the population yet accounted for 20%+ is regards to Covid-19 deaths last time I checked. In Birmingham at least, could just be a coincidence?
:kanyeshrug:

I think we found the answer to it:

Genome-wide analyses disclose the distinctive HLA architecture and the pharmacogenetic landscape of the Somali population

Published: 27 March 2020

Abstract

African populations are underrepresented in medical genomics studies. For the Somali population, there is virtually no information on genomic markers with significance to precision medicine. Here, we analyzed nearly 900,000 genomic markers in samples collected from 95 unrelated individuals in the North Eastern Somalia.

ADMIXTURE program for estimation of individual ancestries revealed a homogenous Somali population. Principal component analysis with PLINK software showed approximately 60% East African and 40% West Eurasian genes in the Somali population, with a close relation to the Cushitic and Semitic speaking Ethiopian populations.

We report the unique features of human leukocyte antigens (HLA) in the Somali population, which seem to differentiate from all other neighboring regions compared. Current study identified high prevalence of the diabetes type 1 (T1D) predisposing HLA DR-DQ haplotypes in Somalia.

This finding may explain the increased T1D risk observed among Somali children. In addition, ethnic Somalis were found to host the highest frequencies observed thus far for several pharmacogenetic variants, including UGT1A4*2.

In conclusion, we report that the Somali population displays genetic traits of significance to health and disease. The Somali dataset is publicly available and will add more information to the few genomic datasets available for African populations.

Apollo

VIP

African-Americans are not related to Somalis. They are 15-25% Northwest European (people forget this, they are not pure African) and the rest is West-Central African (other side of Africa).

Also, they have high obesity and high diabetes rates. That alone probably accounts for their above average death rate rather than their race. I bet the more slim and higher socioeconomic status US Nigerians are not overrepresented in the death toll.

With Somalis, it probably has something to do with the older population not taking it seriously and not following the rules.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
African-Americans are not related to Somalis. They are 15-25% Northwest European (people forget this, they are not pure African) and the rest is West-Central African (other side of Africa).

Also, they have high obesity and high diabetes rates. That alone probably accounts for their above average death rate rather than their race. I bet the more slim and higher socioeconomic status US Nigerians are not overrepresented in the death toll.

With Somalis, it probably has something to do with the older population not taking it seriously and not following the rules.

Somalis which are a minority in Scandinavia are getting it at fast speed, and the death toll among this group is remarking. We have seen reports from England as well. We don’t make a majority and yet we are the ones hit worst by it.
I do know lifestyle is a big factor and all the other potential issues mentioned daily in media.

What I want to know is why certain individuals and population are more impacted severely based on genetics. @sincity posted a really interesting research in another thread and I highly think there might be something to it.

Also new studies will be conducted in Hawaii regarding this issue so my thoughts are not way off, there might be a correlation between the genetic settings and race regarding respiratory diseases such as Covid-19:

Apollo

VIP
@Nalle

I think race is a very minor factor in this since this thing was able to jump from Pangolins to Bats to Wuhan bat eaters and then finally to humans. :lol:

Somalis which are a minority in Scandinavia are getting it at fast speed, and the death toll among this group is remarking. We have seen reports from England as well. We don’t make a majority and yet we are the ones hit worst by it.
I do know lifestyle is a big factor and all the other potential issues mentioned daily in media.

What I want to know is why certain individuals and population are more impacted severely based on genetics. @sincity posted a really interesting research in another thread and I highly think there might be something to it.

Also new studies will be conducted in Hawaii regarding this issue so my thoughts are not way off, there might be a correlation between the genetic settings and race regarding respiratory diseases such as Covid-19:

Only one Somali person has been confirmed to die from Covid-19 here in Denmark.. And he had some health issues prior to the Covid-19 infection.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP

If you ever go in public be mindful of the neefs who cough or sneeze and don’t cover their mouth. :pacspit:

Apollo

VIP
New statistic available on worldometers (Tests/1M pop)

Tests/1M pop seems strongly correlated with GDP per capita.

Deaths/1M pop is useful to see which places are hardest hit per capita. Continental Southwest and Central-West Europe seem to be the worst.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
Denmark to be the first dictator country in Europe.
All information regarding the corona virus that are not approved of the Danish government will be censured and cancelled. If you question the governments decisions and way of handling the situation or if one spread information about the virus on sites and forums that are not inline with their opinion, one could face jail time.:tacky:

@Abdisamad3 not many Somalis are left in Denmark that’s probably why you haven’t heard of many deaths from there:rolleyes:

Trending