Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

UNHAS plane landed in Mekelle yesterday, more than 300 aid trucks operating. I think there's a deal folks
I wonder what kind of a deal would that be if there is any sofar,

Still the rounded up tigrayans are kept in a concentration camps and they could be decimated at any time, 17k tigrayan ENDF members still missing, their leaders arent released and no sign of amhara withdrawal from western tigray so I dont think there is big deal here unless its to be implemented secretly through a long time so that it could not draw the attention of the public

There is no deal, they were destroyed in the battles in Afar and Gashena, the losses there along with drones taking out their heavy weaponry meant they couldnt hold their positions and asked to be allowed to retreat to Tigray. They could not achieve any of their objectives. They have lost and may continue their fighting within Tigray or put up one more fight at Weldiya.

Check out the TPLF propagandists commentary on it.

There'd be a lot more recovered equipment and captured POWs if ENDF had won many battles, I don't buy it, just more wishful thinking from the psycho Abiy supporters, dreaming their dreams of genocide

Perhaps TDF realized it could not sustain a war for long, especially when it lacks allies in the area they've invaded and occupied briefly? Short lived victories are cool, but harder to maintain, if you lack the manpower, funds, guns, etc. tdf isn't in the same situation that they were in 1991, when they had allies all over the country. time shall tell though.

There still haven't been any battles and it's been 2 weeks. FANO got impatient with TDF who took their sweet time withdrawing and fired some artillery at Kombolcha last week but that's about it.

Reported drone strikes in Mekelle and on TPLF convoys out of Dessie in recent days. Doesn't sound like a truce but a loss/retreat.

The status of western Tigray under this deal will determine how angry Amhara are at whatever the secret terms are
Amhara are no bodies but empty vessels who make most noise.

The army protecting Abye is Eritrean and Afar did fight for Abye.

Amhara useless army is the reason why Abye had to seek the IC to give him drones.

Amhara are no bodies but empty vessels who make most noise.

The army protecting Abye is Eritrean and Afar did fight for Abye.

Amhara useless army is the reason why Abye had to seek the IC to give him drones.
The "indispensable nation" status of Ethiopia really fucked the TDF, the world powers can't afford for Ethiopia to collapse and all banded together to save Abiy's government.

Ethiopia is an empire though, it was never formed by popular consensus, it's like the Austro-Hungarian empire. TDF may not have finished off Abiy but I'm not sure they have to, the country is crawling with insurgent groups and fascist Amhara paramilitaries.

A large portion of whatever patriotism held the ENDF together was pure psychotic hatred of Tigray. If Tigray removes themselves from the war and that becomes a frozen conflict, what happens in the south? Amhara will cry foul with any deal and declare Abiy a traitor, and he just spent a year arming and training their craziest militias.

Trending

Latest posts