Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Amhara activists really pushing for genocide today, with the US directly arming Ethiopia via UAE they might even get their wish.

So has USA switched sides?
USA was never on Tigray's side, they just hate Eritrea for unrelated reasons.

The rearmament flights to rearm Ethiopia's military started in August, using one of Khalifa Haftar's companies using a Ukrainian airline via the UAE. CIA started rearming Abiy before Mekelle had been recaptured.

Abiy is who the USA wants in charge, they don't want China and TPLF was a Chinese client state. Abiy will privatize the economy and open up the country to western investors.

USA was never on Tigray's side, they just hate Eritrea for unrelated reasons.

The rearmament flights to rearm Ethiopia's military started in August, using one of Khalifa Haftar's companies using a Ukrainian airline via the UAE. CIA started rearming Abiy before Mekelle had been recaptured.

Abiy is who the USA wants in charge, they don't want China and TPLF was a Chinese client state. Abiy will privatize the economy and open up the country to western investors.
So basically USA has changed sides.
Then TDF will be history.
Tigray probably join the Ice age aka Dinosaurs they will become extinct.

What deal did Abye give to USA which is more convincing than proping up TDF.

At the end of the day, for the west one of their red lines is Ethiopia must continue to exist as an anchor state in East Africa. Ethiopia imploding does not serve the interests of America or Europe.

Many demons have been created in this war that will not go quietly back down to hell, and I don't think we will hear the end of FANO for generations. They will push for an Amhara dominated unitary state with every region under Amhara rule.

@James Dahl US originally supported Abiy for the reasons you mentioned but switched to regime change once he signed the tripartite agreement thats when they switched and moved base to Kenya.

US switching now is you covering for their failure to remove Abiy. Abiy and his government were directly calling out US/EU/UN throughout the war. The Fano were never armed for the reasons your mentioning.

Another failed regime change plot. Also the Chinese are in Ethiopia today.

This too

Total bullshit, Abiy was always the USAs man, the arms resupply flights started before Mekelle was even retaken.
If abye was USA's man who the hell was supporting TDF.
Because TDF was history by last year and we know its impossible for TDF to have advanced to where they are without USA support.

Last year this time TDF was hiding and ethnic cleansing was happening in Tigray.
So how was ENDF & Eritrean defence force kicked out of Tigray?

I guess probably Abye has finally agreed to let Tigray go as an independent country and they might be pushed to their border.

There is agreements that happened behind the doors we never saw.

But yet again we are just speculating.

If abye was USA's man who the hell was supporting TDF.
Because TDF was history by last year and we know its impossible for TDF to have advanced to where they are without USA support.

Last year this time TDF was hiding and ethnic cleansing was happening in Tigray.
So how was ENDF & Eritrean defence force kicked out of Tigray?

I guess probably Abye has finally agreed to let Tigray go as an independent country and they might be pushed to their border.

There is agreements that happened behind the doors we never saw.

But yet again we are just speculating.
No one has been supporting TPLF, TDF advanced because of the disastrous military decisions of Abiy's military forces. TPLF withdrew into the Tembien mountains and were not defeated or captured, and abandoned the cities for ENDF and Eritrean forces to capture, to preserve their forces. The atrocities committed by ENDF, Eritrea and Amhara militias, along with starvation, looting and deprivation of Tigray drove hundreds of thousands of people to volunteer to fight for Tigray including the Tigray nationalists who were opposed to TPLF. This new force was renamed Tigray Defense Forces.

With the rainy season approaching and TPLF having fled to the mountains, Abiy ordered his generals to attack into the mountains, and this was not successful. The rainy season arrived and logistics broke down, TDF managed to encircle the ENDF field army in the Tembien mountains and they had to surrender with all their equipment to the TDF. This allowed TDF to arm all their recruits and advance into Amhara.

Sesame farmers and land grabbing is the driving force behind Amhara expansionism, they want the Fashaga triangle and western Tigray for growing sesame, which is a major cash crop for Amhara. That is why they will never accept a settlement that doesn't see Tigray cut in half and will never accept Sudanese rule over Fashaga.

Fano doesn't take orders from Abiy so he can't stop them from attacking Sudan to retake their illegal farms in Fashaga.

Last edited:
Sesame farmers and land grabbing is the driving force behind Amhara expansionism, they want the Fashaga triangle and western Tigray for growing sesame, which is a major cash crop for Amhara. That is why they will never accept a settlement that doesn't see Tigray cut in half and will never accept Sudanese rule over Fashaga.

Fano doesn't take orders from Abiy so he can't stop them from attacking Sudan to retake their illegal farms in Fashaga.
Dont tell me Sudan military is struggling to fight amhara farmers.

I dont know why the things changed so swiftly but I think still its too early to draw some conclusions

TDF has manag3d to evict ENDF from those territories when ENDF was much stronger than they are today and facing a much smaller adversary than they are facing today which is a combination of rebels and Sudanese arms so it absolutely makes no sense for TDF to retreat those strategic areas after all of those sacrifices to capture them so I think there should some gambit and we may see ENDF being lured into a trap as usual

As for USA supporting abiy, I think that is just a mere assumption, all the evidences out there say the otherwise, america has sided with TPLF atleast politically, they imposed sanctions on ethiopian govt, removed them their AGOA privilege and even sanctioned eritrea for supporting abiy so to me they will lose a big day if TPLF forces are neitralized

One thing that doesnt add up is the new renewed war at the border with Sudan.
Tigray retreating.
There is also heavy aerial bombardment on some areas controlled by OLA indicating there is increased threat from this militia so I it wouldnt be wise for TDF to retreat at this time unless they are planning for a greater comback

As for USA supporting abiy, I think that is just a mere assumption, all the evidences out there say the otherwise, america has sided with TPLF atleast politically, they imposed sanctions on ethiopian govt, removed them their AGOA privilege and even sanctioned eritrea for supporting abiy so to me they will lose a big day if TPLF forces are neitralized
The US did not actually sanction Ethiopia, they wrote a letter giving themselves the authority to do so. Only Eritrea was sanctioned. The US withdrew funding for AGOA was because there is civil war in the country, not to punish Abiy.

The US support for TPLF exists primarily on Twitter