Can we talk about colourism

Fay

DELETED
Lmao. I find no lips unattractive and i like wide lips better you think im brainwashed still :heh:
Because thats whats now being promoted as the beauty standard. You are brainwashed by white beauty standards but majority of somalis r ur not alone. I hope one day u free ur mindset

Because thats whats now being promoted as the beauty standard. You are brainwashed by white beauty standards but majority of somalis r ur not alone. I hope one day u free ur mindset
I am brainwashed because i find wide and big nostrils unattractive and wide lips attractive which is what is found in majority madows :heh:. I simply have a somali beauty standard

Fay

DELETED
I am brainwashed because i find wide and big nostrils unattractive and wide lips attractive which is what is found in majority madows :heh:. I simply have a somali beauty standard
What is a somali standard tho? Somalis can have big noses i.e myself and many others, also they can have Madow hair etc

Alluring

Sayonara
@Fay if Somalis prefer thinner facial features, that isn't self hate because those are features found within us more commonly. It's actually a sign of self-love. Of course, said features should not be made fun of because they are also creations of Allah and thus perfect.

It can be considered self-hate when those with X features trash X features. So somalis can be colorist since we are darker in complexion but featurism is just preferring what is biologically more common in us, and natural for us. Don't confuse the two.

An example of featurism is a black person w/rounder features preferring thinner features. Or an arab getting nose surgery to remove their natural nose structure.

Oh and the false comparison to some nonexistent thing known as heightism is obsolete. You can find tall men in almost every race on the planet with very little trouble. There are specific features attributed to certain ethnicities/races that cannot be replicated without admixture from that group.
heightism is very real and the point is that theres nothing you can do about it. taller men are treated with much more respect than shorter ones. life is unfair theres nothing anyone can do about it :)

Fay

DELETED
@Fay if Somalis prefer thinner facial features, that isn't self hate because those are features found within us more commonly. It's actually a sign of self-love. Of course, said features should not be made fun of because they are also creations of Allah and thus perfect.

It can be considered self-hate when those with X features trash X features. So somalis can be colorist since we are darker in complexion but featurism is just preferring what is biologically more common in us, and natural for us. Don't confuse the two.
I agree its more colorism with somalis than featurism but they do insult those with big noses

so you determine ur value by how people view you?? interesting thought pattern, i see that among xalimos. it’s always “well people see u as xyz”
is that why xalimos lie to eachother?? My theory is they lie to even the fat xalimo or the ugly ones saying their pretty cuz if they all say it. she will believe it.

reality is somalis r seen more indian than madow, like the bengalis. nobody ever looks at somalis and say “they r black”

Its not even just about how people see you. The reality is that Somalis are dark. Just embrace it.

This how they look back home:

b658a0151d7a1f6b18c36d5ebb0725ec0ac3828b.jpeg

And this is how many look in the West:

truvoice1a.jpg

main-qimg-677b8ce01415204fe0098b3904dad4b4.jpeg

Yes, light skin Somalis exist, but the ones above above are normal average Somalis.

@KingSomali999

I'm talking about skin colour. Somalis have different features from the majority of black people. Also, its funny how you used Bengalis as an example when a lot of them are DARK.

Last edited:
Its not even just about how people see you. The reality is that Somalis are dark. Just embrace it.

View attachment 181732

View attachment 181733

View attachment 181734
Yes, light skin Somalis exist, but the ones above above are normal average Somalis.

@KingSomali999

I'm talking about skin colour. Somalis have different features from the majority of black people. Also, its funny how you used Bengalis as an example when a lot of them are DARK.
I used benghalis as example but u ever see people seening them as “black”??? no no you don’t. that should tell u it’s more than just skin color

View attachment 181732

View attachment 181733

View attachment 181734

@KingSomali999

Being “black” is clearly more than just the skin color, if it wasn’t, indians would be black, benghalis would claim black, some pakistani would claim black. but clearly, that’s not the case.

When people say “black” they usually are referring someone with black skin AND the bantu features.

Which resemble more to ethnic somalis????
not talking about bantu somali, or mixed somali. THE TYPICAL XALIMOO AND FARAAX

exhibit A:
512C2C7E-899D-49F6-ADA2-472BDBD876BD.jpeg

4B5CD24B-7751-477B-85A7-905FD3E17132.jpeg

Exhibit B:
551A0CF9-15C9-4191-AE76-D3B180FF9BDF.jpeg
ABEC24A8-8D1C-4133-A62F-93A97813F59A.jpeg

I used benghalis as example but u ever see people seening them as “black”??? no no you don’t. that should tell u it’s more than just skin color

Why, why are you forever misunderstanding me.

I know its not just about skin colour. But this topic is about colorism. I'm not talking about features as Somalis have soft, small and sharp features.

Why, why are you forever misunderstanding me.

I know its not just about skin colour. But this topic is about colorism. I'm not talking about features as Somalis have soft, small and sharp features.
it was about colorism until u started saying somalis are black.
EDIT: You keep editing ur comments to backtrack its kind of funny

End of the day. if we’re talking about just Skin color. if i’m lightskin than it’s wrong to call me black. If it isn’t about being just skin color, Than It’s still not accurate to call me black since I don’t share skin color/Features

End of the day. if we’re talking about just Skin color. if i’m lightskin than it’s wrong to call me black. If it isn’t about being just skin color, Than It’s still not accurate to call me black since I don’t share skin color/Features

We are using the term dark here. I'm saying most Somalis are dark when we look at the colour spectrum which is why colourism is retarded.

Traditional Somalis were more featurist than colourist. They used to look down on wide features and really kinky hair as that is not common amongst Somalis.

Trending

Latest posts