Can we talk about colourism

We are using the term dark here. I'm saying most Somalis are dark when we look at the colour spectrum which is why colourism is retarded.

Traditional Somalis were more featurist than colourist. They used to look down on wide features and really kinky hair as that is not common amongst Somalis.
it’s not that deep. everybody gets made fun of and will have people who like ur color while others don’t. it’s just that black women AA to be exact, have a monopoly on victimhood. and like i said in my other posts, Most xalimos look up and inspire to be like them so this doesn’t come to me as a surprise. it really just comes down to self esteem issues, if ur a pretty dark skin, ur getting snatched up, colorism most of the time is just an execuse for people to use on why certain people aren’t attracted to them, even IF someone sees u as a dime but doesn’t want a dark skin it’s his or her choice u don’t have to beg for acceptance.

I find it funny how Dark skins are the first one to cry about colorism yet they make fun of light skin people and spread stereotypes, soon as u come with half of the heat, they’ll cry a river.

it’s not that deep. everybody gets made fun of and will have people who like ur color while others don’t. it’s just that black women AA to be exact, have a monopoly on victimhood. and like i said in my other posts, Most xalimos look up and inspire to be like them so this doesn’t come to me as a surprise. it really just comes down to self esteem issues, if ur a pretty dark skin, ur getting snatched up, colorism most of the time is just an execuse for people to use on why certain people aren’t attracted to them, even IF someone sees u as a dime but doesn’t want a dark skin it’s his or her choice u don’t have to beg for acceptance.

I find it funny how Dark skins are the first one to cry about colorism yet they make fun of light skin people and spread stereotypes, soon as u come with half of the heat, they’ll cry a river.

Are we going to deny that many AAs and other black men don't like the colour of their women? They glorify the ones with cadaan blood. They only think they're pretty when cadaan blood is present.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP

Kinds facts I've seen so much videos making fun of lightskins. Commjnf from a maarin brother

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Are we going to deny that many AAs and other black men don't like the colour of their women? They glorify the ones with cadaan blood. They only think they're pretty when cadaan blood is present.
Kinda facts ngl. They hate their women and their features. It is what it is. At least faraxs love their cushite features. They are probably the most mentally colonised people there is

THATS NOT OUR ISSUE!!! We made fun of skin colors but it was in a joking matter. light or black, This is another reason why I refuse to be “Black” . you act like ur in a group of people and we’ll deal with their issues, like we are now. Some old head will make a light joke about a dark skin and you’ll have the younger Blm xalimos forming a coupe and talking shiiit about even if it’s their own mother or father, crying about “racism”

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Its not even just about how people see you. The reality is that Somalis are dark. Just embrace it.

This how they look back home:

View attachment 181732

And this is how many look in the West:

View attachment 181733

View attachment 181734
Yes, light skin Somalis exist, but the ones above above are normal average Somalis.

@KingSomali999

I'm talking about skin colour. Somalis have different features from the majority of black people. Also, its funny how you used Bengalis as an example when a lot of them are DARK.
Huuno stop the calacaal u being petty now

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Why tf should we care about their issue we have another thing to do like fixing our country while they r calacaal about their skin tone and their hair

plus stop acting like blm halimo akhas

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
False in my 18 years of life never seen that shit ever b.ullshit. somali men don't do that shit it's only fobs who do

It is actually part of traditional Somali culture for a man to be dark and a woman to be lighter. I noticed this ages when an old ayeeyo randomly said "You are dark. That's good for a man."

:dead:

I went down the rabbithole with her and according to her old school Geeljires believed a dark man was manly and strong whereas pale men were seen as weak, idiotic and girly. In contrast, women were seen as being better the lighter they were.

This might upset some but there is some slight evolutionary basis behind the idea of society desiring women to be paler that isn't caused by cadaans and their beauty standards. It's actually basic Human sexual dimorphism that women are on average less pigmented than men. Even among cadaans, from what I recall, it has been shown that their women have somewhat higher rates of blondism, blue eyes and very pale skin. And you see accounts even during the Middle-Ages before Europeans came across the New World and took off where people use terminology like "fair maiden".

It was even the old Somali beauty mentality. I caught it with an old ayeeyo when she once weirdly said to me that my being rather dark was a "good thing for a man" and that pale men are seen as girly and dumb in Somali society. I asked her about girls and she said it was the opposite and that a girl should be lighter skinned. A Habesha friend confirmed that this was the mentality among old Habeshas too. Even among some surveys I've seen done in the west you see that women tend to favor darker featured men (brown over blue eyes and so on) cos it somehow seems more "dominant" to them or something whereas the opposite seems true for males regarding females.

But of course the absurd extremes it's reached now is likely due to Europeans.

False the average farax is lighter than these southern indians. Seen plenty dxuul hindi View attachment 181679View attachment 181680

View attachment 181681

Mealnisans View attachment 181682View attachment 181683View attachment 181684
The first picture is fake.
1619309311221.png

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
This thread is embarrassing a lot of you have self hate and identity issues

Wallahi, I take pride in how dark I can get. There's something to be enjoyed in growing up in a desert here in the Gulf and never once in my life experiencing "sun-burn". Like not even coming close even after hours running around or camping in the desert or swimming at the beach.

It id the white beauty standards wallahi why else u think is ugly? Its sad most somalis r brainwashed
It's not a somali only thing ,
Wider nose on women arent preferred as small slim nose it has nothing to do with European beauty standard,
A long nose is also not preferred & that why all Iranian women have nose jobs

Somali women are blessed ,lets be honest
For example I have a wider nose but its normal for me as a men

You can't say colorism doesn't exist when you jump to call someone dhuxul as an insult but would never use cadaay in that same context. There is a reason why women bleach themselves.

Oh and the false comparison to some nonexistent thing known as heightism is obsolete. You can find tall men in almost every race on the planet with very little trouble. There are specific features attributed to certain ethnicities/races that cannot be replicated without admixture from that group.

For example, it is very common to find monolids in East Asians but is rare in other groups. Yet, you see them running to get double-eyelid surgery. That is a form of self-hate because they prefer a certain set of features that are uncommon to them while fixing what makes East Asians unique in phenotype.

You can not find dark skin outside of sub-saharan africans and a few other ethnicities, it is far more prevalent amongst us. You can not bring me a white person who has the skin color of a Somali, the way you can't bring me a Somali with blue eyes and blond hair.

The only race who makes the purest versions of themselves the standard are whites, and that is not a coincidence. Everyone else wants the diluted less-ethnic version of themselves as the standard. Hence why things like colorism now exist when our ancestors favored the more common medium-brown complexion until outside exposure.
Bring a pale white men to Somalia & hell get roasted tf out for his whiteness
White & brown people get tanned even tho its natural what's not natural is solarium & they prefer a tan ,so is it colorism also ??
Albinos get dragged too
Its simple if you different than the majority you'll get insults or discriminated against

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I wonder why that is. the pictures of Yemenis that live in yemen are also way darker than the ones I see here in the west
because back home we are exposed to more sunlight. in places like UK it is very cold and not much sun. I went to Somalia and the majority were darkskin. In my hometown there were few light or even brownskins.

Fay

DELETED
It's not a somali only thing ,
Wider nose on women arent preferred as small slim nose it has nothing to do with European beauty standard,
A long nose is also not preferred & that why all Iranian women have nose jobs

Somali women are blessed ,lets be honest
For example I have a wider nose but its normal for me as a men
Thats ur own preference tbh i have a wide nose but i have no problems with ppl finding me attractive

Trending