Can we talk about colourism

Colourism and racism are simiilar things, but different sides of the coin.

Racist whites dislike black/SSA people for their dark skin.

And doqon SSA's dislike themselves for their darkskin.

Disliking bald and short men isn't the same. This is how most of your people look back home:

View attachment 181678

Continue thinking its the same thing though.
Racist people not only dislike ,they think they superior bases on skin color & facial features
Colorists dislike/don't prefer people with darker skin

Colorism & racism isnt the same
Colorism is older & exist in every society

No one cares about colorism, really. Most Faraxs care about your facial features and bone structure in actuality (and the rear end too, if I might add :lol:).

As long as you don't look like you had a grenade blown your face, or you've bleached skin, you'll look good to the average dude. :nvjpqts:

Colorism is an issue among older Somali women I’ve noticed. They say cadeey as a term of endearment to lighter skin girls and dhul as a negative term for dark skin girls. Older Somali dudes don’t really care

My sister's are relatively light skin(dark caramel) while I'm normal brown. Weirdly enough Im extremely light skin in the chest region but darker in my face. I wonder if this is normal?

I’m like this as well my face is duhul asf but chest and stomach is very light

Nah, it's femcel blabber. Just deal with it like dudes with height and balding.
lool i didnt think about that. ive been roasted for my height so many times. just deal with it, colorism sucks but its life and life isnt fair. you cant control what people like. just embrace what was given to you

Imo Somalis are more featurists a word I learnt on twitter , but colorism exists but imo its way more of a problem with Asians than Africans

Fay

DELETED
A narrower facial feature is more attractive no matter what skin colour you are
Because ur subscribed to white beauty standards like the majority of somalis... thank god i have never been subscribed to that bullshit... i have a big nose and i fucking love my wide nose its what makes me beautiful

Because ur subscribed to white beauty standards like the majority of somalis... thank god i have never been subscribed to that bullshit... i have a big nose and i fucking love my wide nose its what makes me beautiful
With the massive nostrils no thank you. Its not a white beauty standard i just find it unattractive

Colourism just shows how much low self esteem SS Africans have.

Most Somalis are seen as dark by outsiders standards. So insulting dark skin Somali girls when you're a dark Farax is embarrassing.

Even the ones who will qoute me and say 'bUt i' M NOt DaRk' will seen be seen as dark by cadaans, Arabs and other groups.
I have no idea why Africans are the only group that look down on their features.

These silly men that want to compare it to height and baldnese are so dumb. Since when is being short a SS African feature? Since when is being bald an SS African feature?

But guess what? Being dark is. If it wasn't, you lot wouldn't he screaming racism whenever cadaans and other races comment on your dark skintone.
so you determine ur value by how people view you?? interesting thought pattern, i see that among xalimos. it’s always “well people see u as xyz”
is that why xalimos lie to eachother?? My theory is they lie to even the fat xalimo or the ugly ones saying their pretty cuz if they all say it. she will believe it.

reality is somalis r seen more indian than madow, like the bengalis. nobody ever looks at somalis and say “they r black”

Alluring

Sayonara
You can't say colorism doesn't exist when you jump to call someone dhuxul as an insult but would never use cadaay in that same context. There is a reason why women bleach themselves.

Oh and the false comparison to some nonexistent thing known as heightism is obsolete. You can find tall men in almost every race on the planet with very little trouble. There are specific features attributed to certain ethnicities/races that cannot be replicated without admixture from that group.

For example, it is very common to find monolids in East Asians but is rare in other groups. Yet, you see them running to get double-eyelid surgery. That is a form of self-hate because they prefer a certain set of features that are uncommon to them while fixing what makes East Asians unique in phenotype.

You can not find dark skin outside of sub-saharan africans and a few other ethnicities, it is far more prevalent amongst us. You can not bring me a white person who has the skin color of a Somali, the way you can't bring me a Somali with blue eyes and blond hair.

The only race who makes the purest versions of themselves the standard are whites, and that is not a coincidence. Everyone else wants the diluted less-ethnic version of themselves as the standard. Hence why things like colorism now exist when our ancestors favored the more common medium-brown complexion until outside exposure.

so you determine ur value by how people view you?? interesting thought pattern, i see that among xalimos. it’s always “well people see u as xyz”
is that why xalimos lie to eachother?? My theory is they lie to even the fat xalimo or the ugly ones saying their pretty cuz if they all say it. she will believe it.

reality is somalis r seen more indian than madow, like the bengalis. nobody ever looks at somalis and say “they r black”
Only by other madows in the uk. The white man sees us as black

Trending

Latest posts