Can/should Somalis say the N word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
:dzmxmmb:

$1000 and a one way ticket to Tanzania so they can start over in their ancestral homeland.
Some of them feel Somali and want to stay here to make a living. I don't think that's a very good idea for them considering how hateful we can be even towards each other, but you've gotta respect their wishes.
If we stayed in our northern homeland and didn't conquer the South we would probably be surrounded by Oromos instead of Bantus and this likely wouldn't happen :bell:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Some of them feel Somali and want to stay here to make a living. I don't think that's a very good idea for them considering how hateful we can be even towards each other, but you've gotta respect their wishes.
If we stayed in our northern homeland and didn't conquer the South we would probably be surrounded by Oromos instead of Bantus and this likely wouldn't happen :bell:

Uh, the Bantus don't belong in East Africa.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Uh, the Bantus don't belong in East Africa.
By your logic no one "belongs" anywhere. The definition of "native" is a notoriously contested one. How long do you have to stay in a place to be considered 'native'? Somalis as an ethnic group weren't some static monolith that were present in the horn forever and ever. Some genetic studies indicate that there was an migration event several thousand years ago from the Nubia/Southern Egypt area that was made up of the ancestors of modern Somalis. Our ethnic group is a composite one - made up of the mixing of multiple ancient ethnic groups. Just like literally all the others on Earth. So are we native to Nubia and not the Horn? It's all very blurry.
Also we aren't "native" to southern Somalia anymore than the Bantus are - it's only through recent expansions that we've gained this much territory.
I'm not arguing that none of the land we own is Somali land, but that I think it's a little presumptuous of you to decide who belongs where. Populations mix and migrate; it happens and it's happened throughout human history. If you want to stretch my logic further, you could say that Europeans aren't native to Europe, since their ancient ancestors came in from Africa. So are they Africans?

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I think using the word in your daily life is retarded in my opinion. I can careless if Somalis can use it. I guess it's up to the "owners" of word.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
By your logic no one "belongs" anywhere. The definition of "native" is a notoriously contested one. How long do you have to stay in a place to be considered 'native'? Somalis as an ethnic group weren't some static monolith that were present in the horn forever and ever. Some genetic studies indicate that there was an migration event several thousand years ago from the Nubia/Southern Egypt area that was made up of the ancestors of modern Somalis. Our ethnic group is a composite one - made up of the mixing of multiple ancient ethnic groups. Just like literally all the others on Earth. So are we native to Nubia and not the Horn? It's all very blurry.
Also we aren't "native" to southern Somalia anymore than the Bantus are - it's only through recent expansions that we've gained this much territory.
I'm not arguing that none of the land we own is Somali land, but that I think it's a little presumptuous of you to decide who belongs where. Populations mix and migrate; it happens and it's happened throughout human history. If you want to stretch my logic further, you could say that Europeans aren't native to Europe, since their ancient ancestors came in from Africa. So are they Africans?

You're taking things too far. Bantus were brought to Somalia in the last 150-200 years max by ruthless slavers and have lived with discrimination ever since they set foot there.

It would be in our mutual interest to see them safely to the homelands their great grandfathers were ripped from.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
You're taking things too far. Bantus were brought to Somalia in the last 150-200 years max by ruthless slavers and have lived with discrimination ever since they set foot there.

It would be in our mutual interest to see them safely to the homelands their great grandfathers were ripped from.
Sure. But you argued that Bantus were not native to East Africa. You must have meant the Horn? If so then I agree with you.
I've noticed that most people say East Africa but 90% of the time they're referring to the Horn countries.
The societal discrimination they face is hundreds of years old and I don't see it fading away any time soon so it is really a better idea for them to go back to their homelands.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Sure. But you argued that Bantus were not native to East Africa. You must have meant the Horn? If so then I agree with you.
I've noticed that most people say East Africa but 90% of the time they're referring to the Horn countries.
The societal discrimination they face is hundreds of years old and I don't see it fading away any time soon so it is really a better idea for them to go back to their homelands.

They're West African transplants that overwhelmed the Cushites of Central/East Africa.

I wish them all the best but we must ensure Somalia at the very least remains Somali.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
i wanna point out the

he definitely means the Horn. and honestly i have my own issues with nativity and concepts of belonging. starting with the reality that the only claim people really have is a genetic one where they rely on their ancestor's presence in a specific area.

it's the primary example i see and sadly it's flawed in the sense that to historical ancestral claim you kind of have to take responsibility for whatever your ancestor's did prior to your input. you can't reconcile the two concepts in any way, shape or form because the anchoring argument revolves around a time period you flat out had no influence on.

now the other argument for land claim is literally population statistics. who lives in an area with greater numbers, institutional prowess, and to an extent historical output. this argument is way less flawed and the only one worth discussing as far as foreign ethnic groups are concerned. it's still got problems and i don't subscribe to it, but it's workable.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
They're West African transplants that overwhelmed the Cushites of Central/East Africa.

I wish them all the best but we must ensure Somalia at the very least remains Somali.
You sound just like Hitler and other white supremacists.:pacspit:
Somalia needs diversity to become a powerful nation. Somali Bantus are always welcome to Somalia because it is their home. They have lived in Somalia for the last 200 years. And if Somalia becomes a stronger country we should pay the Somali Bantus reparations for the disgusting ways we treated them. It is their home just as much it is your home...

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Somalia needs diversity to become a powerful nation. Somali Bantus are always welcome to Somalia because it is their home. They have lived in Somalia for the last 200 years. And if Somalia becomes a stronger country we should pay the Somali Bantus reparations for the disgusting ways we treated them. It is their home just as much it is your home...
Not sure if I'm being baited but this. Somali Bantus are Somalis. If you wanna keep Somali 100% pure give them land and let them seek out independence. After that you can restrict immigration as much as you want.
:kanyeshrug:

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
This is my opinion:

Its just a word and if someone called me a then I would shrug it off really. Because in the end they're looking to provoke you, so I would say "wow you said nigga like I give a f*ck, you piece of white shit."

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
1484813633271.gif

Too many of them and too high a birth rate. There won't really be any diversity if we don't do something now.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
View attachment 12224

Too many of them and too high a birth rate. There won't really be any diversity if we don't do something now.
You're like those white supremacists that scream and shout that the "white race is dying out" :kodaksmiley:
The bantus will never outnumber us, not in a million years, not when xalimos are pumping out 6 kids a minute
Have some faith in our baby-making skills :lolbron:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
You're like those white supremacists that scream and shout that the "white race is dying out" :kodaksmiley:
The bantus will never outnumber us, not in a million years, not when xalimos are pumping out 6 kids a minute
Have some faith in our baby-making skills :lolbron:

80k to 1 million in 25 years says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending