Can/should Somalis say the N word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Also we kept slaves and used racial slurs against them for over a thousand years :ivers:
If there is major qarxis about Somalis and their history we will cease to be black :mjlol:
Hayaay, wallahi if they knew :damn: Right now they just think Somalis are like Dominicans, simply denying their heritage because we're victims of White colonialism. Little do they know...:mjlol:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Practically every African group owned and sold slaves. We will be protected I have dirt on these Central and West Africans. :birdman:
But did they call them what is basically the equivalent of "negro" and "" in their own languages? Did they circumcise the women? Did they do it for over a milennium? We discriminate on a racial basis (not like in West/Central Africa) to this day.
We are worse than da white mane :damn:

Wallah we'll get so much hate from these niggas.
:chrisfreshhah:
They'll probably hate us as much they hate the Cadaans.

Many know about the enslavement of other Africans at the hands of Somalis but they don't hate us the same way as cadaanka because we don't hold that same power over them. We don't currently systematically oppress them, in fact, when we go to European and Arab countries we face the same discrimination they do. Nah, they have decided to pick their battles. Right now a united Africa/ All Black movement is preferred to them rather than splitting hairs over something Somalis did all those years ago.

They deserve reparations and an apology one day, though. Knowing Somalis, that day may never come.

Thatsomaligirl

Loves milk is lactose intolerant, kill me
Also we kept slaves and used racial slurs against them for over a thousand years :ivers:
If there is major qarxis about Somalis and their history we will cease to be black :mjlol:
As if we're the only Africans to have had slaves! :camby:
Let them qarxis all they want I have receipts on other Sub-Saharan countries/ethnicities that have seemed to gotten a pass!:mybusiness:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
But did they call them what is basically the equivalent of "negro" and "" in their own languages? Did they circumcise the women? Did they do it for over a milennium? We discriminate on a racial basis (not like in West/Central Africa) to this day.
We are worse than da white mane :damn:

Certain groups did yeah. And oddly enough a lot of those northern routes (closer to Mali and Chad) started really early.

Somali slavery is honestly tame compared to what happened in the west. They were being sold for fucking pennies sometimes.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
As if we're the only Africans to have had slaves! :camby:
Let them qarxis all they want I have receipts on other Sub-Saharan countries/ethnicities that have seemed to gotten a pass!:mybusiness:
The entire Horn of Africa has had a racial slave-master dichotomy between the Cushitic and Semitic speaking populations and the Nilotic speaking ones that is nigh-on identical to the ones in North Africa or Arabia. The racial dynamics back in Somalia were and are completely alien to the rest of Sub-saharan Africa :francis:

Many know about the enslavement of other Africans at the hands of Somalis but they don't hate us the same way as cadaanka because we don't hold that same power over them. We don't currently systematically oppress them, in fact, when we go to European and Arab countries we face the same discrimination they do. Nah, they have decided to pick their battles. Right now a united Africa/ All Black movement is preferred to them rather than splitting hairs over something Somalis did all those years ago.

They deserve reparations and an apology one day, though. Knowing Somalis, that day may never come.
Niggas aint never going to get an apology & forget reparations. Shit happened a long time ago, time to move forward.
:win:

maestro

Cultural revolution
If Drake Weeknd Dj Khaled and Fat Joe can say it then so can we.:birdman:

We shouldn't say it though. It's not a good word to throw around. Makes people think you're ignorant

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Yes.

They're black and also have a history of being slaves (i.e. Ancient Egyptians)
That isn't the same and you know it. A couple hundred Puntite (not even Somali) slaves were shipped over to Ancient Egypt. It was 3000 fucking B.C. Also your source was literally a travel guide. You're an excellent provocateur and that comment will surely get lots of replies.

That isn't the same and you know it. A couple hundred Puntite (not even Somali) slaves were shipped over to Ancient Egypt. It was 3000 fucking B.C. Also your source was literally a travel guide. You're an excellent provocateur and that comment will surely get lots of replies.

They were ethnic Somali according to the literature. I had 1 travel guide source and four other actual books and journals. You're very dishonest because you have an agenda. How can you blatantly lie? Let's not derail.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I'm gonna transition to something else I've noticed and that's arabs using the word openly these days.

They're playing a dangerous game these falafel hut niggas

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
They were ethnic Somali according to the literature. I had 1 travel guide source and four other actual books and journals. You're very dishonest because you have an agenda. How can you blatantly lie? Let's not derail.
The word "Somali" did not exist back then, so how could the author have any way of knowing that they were ethnic Somalis? The word "Somali" existed only after the 15th Century. Also it is a fact that the Somali people diverged from the Oromo and other Cushitics about 3000 years ago. Somalis did not exist back then, making your point moot. If they weren't Somali, it doesn't fit into Somali history. That's like taking the Ancient Levantine populations the non-African part of our DNA originates from and saying their history is our history. We descended from them, but we are not them.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Afro-centrists hate Somalis. They want to destroy our identity, claim our history, absorb us into the AA culture & breed us out of existence.

Settle down, bruh. Afrocentrists are usually diaspora kids without an iota of academic credibility. Don't buy into conspiracy theories. The only African dynamic that matter is the one espoused by the continent itself, and those ethnic groups still very much claim their own history and customs.

Let's not drink conspiracy kool-aids.

I'm gonna transition to something else I've noticed and that's arabs using the word openly these days.

They're playing a dangerous game these falafel hut niggas

It makes me super uncomfortable - more so than even cadaan people saying it - because often Arab racism goes unchecked. They say abiid amongst one another casually without getting called out but if a white person said the equivalent aka the n word, he is likely to be shunned.

Settle down, bruh. Afrocentrists are usually diaspora kids without an iota of academic credibility. Don't buy into conspiracy theories. The only African dynamic that matter is the one espoused by the continent itself, and those ethnic groups still very much claim their own history and customs.

Let's not drink conspiracy kool-aids.
I laugh every time when those so called "pan-africans" call for Africa to "unite". Dumbest idea.
:faysalwtf:

Last edited:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It makes me super uncomfortable - more so than even cadaan people saying it - because often Arab racism goes unchecked. They say abiid amongst one another casually without getting called out but if a white person said the equivalent aka the n word, he is likely to be shunned.

Their time is coming. Unlike Somalis they're quite happy to ignore disturbing parts of their history whereas we're too prideful to ignore anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending