Cabdullahi Yusuf, Caydiid and others recognized as Warlords in new Somali history book FGS

You mean the mooryaan who put radioactive waste in the ocean for weapons? I don't know man.

Radioactive ? I'm pretty sure your mistaken imaam ali Mahdi to some other ali Mahdi or even a broke warlord named abdulahi Yusuf . I'm sure this is all a mistake .surely you cant compare president ali Mahdi to some junior warlord like abdulahi Yusuf

@DR OSMAN isn't it the case that if a marginalised clan at state level eg Marehan is given a leadership position at federal level especially the presidency, we'll have a centralist like Farmajo look to weaken FMS and even abolish federalism?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@DR OSMAN isn't it the case that if a marginalised clan at state level eg Marehan is given a leadership position at federal level especially the presidency, we'll have a centralist like Farmajo look to weaken FMS and even abolish federalism?

No because they will benefit from federalism.

Whenever a HG runs for president or high office in the FGS, a MX will take over in Galmudug. If HG are the president of Galmudug then they represent Galmudug in FGS.

This model is a stop gap measure to eliminate qabyalaad-based infighting without destroying the current qabiil-political system.

It creates a level playing field for smaller qabiils to be represented in their states or FGS.

reer

VIP

Whenever a HG runs for president or high office in the FGS, a MX will take over in Galmudug. If HG are the president of Galmudug then they represent Galmudug in FGS.

This model is a stop gap measure to eliminate qabyalaad-based infighting without destroying the current qabiil-political system.

It creates a level playing field for smaller qabiils to be represented in their states or FGS.
kneegrow. say it how it is. i dont support sharing a local maamul with hawiye. only mx maamul for mx lands. none of this ethnic federalism.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
kneegrow. say it how it is. i dont support sharing a local maamul with hawiye. only mx maamul for mx lands. none of this ethnic federalism.

I don’t believe in clan states for a stable Somalia.

But right now, it’s the reality until the nation stabilises and heals from the war.

This model is essentially creating a temporary solution until we can abandon clan federalism.

Inb4 ppl try calling me a centralist: I believe in Federalism for the future but not the federalism we have now.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I don’t believe in clan states for a stable Somalia.

But right now, it’s the reality until the nation stabilises and heals from the war.

This model is essentially creating a temporary solution until we can abandon clan federalism.

Inb4 ppl try calling me a centralist: I believe in Federalism for the future but not the federalism we have now.
Basically you believe in true federalism not the quasi confederalist system in place today

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Basically you believe in true federalism not the quasi confederalist system in place today

Yeah, I believe Somalia should follow Australia’s model of federalism.

Confederalism leads to failure.

We will end up in a worse civil war than the one we are in now.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
@Periplus This is how I wud share power in Somalia by putting clans into categories and allocate Seats that way.

Category A clans
Majerten, Abgaal and 'assign equal portion'

Category B Clans
HG, OG, MX, Dhulbahante, Isaaq, Rahanwayn and then assign 'equal portion'

Category C Clans
Leelkase, Warsangeli, Murusade, Hawadle, Dashishe,

Category D Clans
The rest of the Dir clans, sheikhaal, arab salax, banadiri

I wish DR Osman sat Somalis down and said this is the reality power-base of Somalia and power will be shared this way. Not this 4.5 nonsense
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Believe me if HG became president of the whole country another HG will still be Galmudug president. Just like when MJ had both Abdullahi Yusuf AUN and Adde Muse AUN as president of Somalia and PL state respectively. Ask @Bariire if I'm right

Believe me if HG became president of the whole country another HG will still be Galmudug president. Just like when MJ had both Abdullahi Yusuf AUN and Adde Muse AUN as president of Somalia and PL state respectively. Ask @Bariire if I'm right

He's smoking a heavy crack kulaha an minority MX becomes the President of HG state Galmudug.

If an HG becomes the Somalia President than Galmudug will still have an HG President, and no one can do anything about it because Galmudug is HG supremacy state.

MX have only 1 state and that is Gedo-land or Jubaland.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

He's smoking a heavy crack kulaha an minority MX becomes the President of HG state Galmudug.

If an HG becomes the Somalia President than Galmudug will still have an HG President, and no one can do anything about it because Galmudug is HG supremacy state.

MX have only 1 state and that is Gedo-land or Jubaland.

Obviously, I know that as it stands currently if a HG person ran for FGS president, another HG will become GM president.

What I am proposing is that no qabiil can hold both a state and federal presidency.

This is so that minor clans can represent their community more effectively.

This will allow clans like Reer Xamar, Carab Salaax, Madooweyn etc have a realistic chance of their state or federal leadership.

TekNiKo

VIP
Obviously, I know that as it stands currently if a HG person ran for FGS president, another HG will become GM president.

What I am proposing is that no qabiil can hold both a state and federal presidency.

This is so that minor clans can represent their community more effectively.

This will allow clans like Reer Xamar, Carab Salaax, Madooweyn etc have a realistic chance of their state or federal leadership.
Lets be honest as long as tribalism runs in our veins Somalia shall never see equity. 4.5 is a brutal but realistic reflection of clan power in the Somali politosphere. Nin aan qori qaadayn .5 lagu daray :meleshame:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Lets be honest as long as tribalism runs in our veins Somalia shall never see equity. 4.5 is a brutal but realistic reflection of clan power in the Somali politosphere. Nin aan qori qaadayn .5 lagu daray :meleshame:

4.5 makes sense for MP selection as it reflects demographics somewhat without doing a census.

It’s a solution that isn’t great but does the job in an unstable Somalia.

However, it cannot be used in ministerial selection and the selection of President/PM and Speaker.

We need to be inclusive in that area or else these minority tribes will feel excluded.

4.5 makes sense for MP selection as it reflects demographics somewhat without doing a census.

However, it cannot be used in ministerial selection and the selection of President/PM and Speaker.

We need to be inclusive in that area or else these minority tribes will feel excluded.

No way would both the president and prime minister belong to the same clan. Since 1960 till now executive positions have been shared out between different qabiils

TekNiKo

VIP

How the hell are Madowweyn minority? I swear they have atleast 30% of population by now you see them everywhere but because they dont take weapons they are marginalized. AS and terror groups take advantage of these grievances. We need to give them 60 mps

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
How the hell are Madowweyn minority? I swear they have atleast 30% of population by now you see them everywhere but because they dont take weapons they are marginalized. AS and terror groups take advantage of these grievances. We need to give them 60 mps

They are part of D&M in the 4.5 system.

But they are not given any important positions in the ministries or executive.

Trending

Latest posts