Cabdullahi Yusuf, Caydiid and others recognized as Warlords in new Somali history book FGS

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
The World did indeed go to War with him but that put him on the map. Foreigners are calling him the lion of Africa, he brought confidence to rebel movements that still speak out against US Imperialism. He stays undefeated, he made you persona non grata, exiled your President, stopped Ethiopia invading an inch of the country and the best you can come up with is Cismaan Caato his Sacad cousin got to him first :ftw9nwa: you're just telling me Hawiye can only defeat Hawiye. He is still feared so much it is not even HAG that bring him up it is you who thinks Rooble a reer Hilowle is an Caydiid incarnate, keep self serving the hate it wakes up the sleepers

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV
Lol, what is legacy ? 20000 Bantus are guarding you today and Ethiopians maintain a presence in Somalia. Americans are there in Bali Dogle and Mama Khadijah. they didnt go jowhere Your failed warlord couldnt even make peace with his own subclan forget about Hawiye.

MSB AUN will be looked as a hero in time for the way he governed. I asked many elder Hawiyes in Xamar and they said his time was jannah compared to the mayham caused by USC. Caydiid lasting legacy was 4 month war and being shot by his own nephew. A qarax just happened today where Hawiya AS continue bombing to this very day. What a defeated people.

The legacy of Caydiid

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Lol, what is legacy ? 20000 Bantus are guarding you today and Ethiopians maintain a presence in Somalia. Americans are there in Bali Dogle and Mama Khadijah. they didnt go jowhere Your failed warlord couldnt even make peace with his own subclan forget about Hawiye.

MSB AUN will be looked as a hero in time for the way he governed. I asked many elder Hawiyes in Xamar and they said his time was jannah compared to the mayham caused by USC. Caydiid lasting legacy was 4 month war and being shot by his own nephew. A qarax just happened today where Hawiya AS continue bombing to this very day. What a defeated people.

The legacy of Caydiid

I'm against any foreign presence even if it keeps Farmaajo protected, he can have a small AMISOM unit but the country needs to go back to its natural state and journey, the last 15 years have been a hindrance, Caydiid was against terrorism and foreigners, that's not his legacy.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I think the only way the next Somali government can work is if they label everyone who fought in the civil war a warlord.

MSB should be labelled a tyrant and students should be taught that it was the destruction of Somalia.

That way every qabiil is angry.

MJ will be angry that AY is labelled a warlord. Hawiye will be angry that Aideed and others are warlords. MX will be angry about Barre. OG will be angry about Madoobe. MX will be angry about Barre.

It’s not about whether I believe they’re warlords but about trying to heal Somalia.

Since we can’t make every qabiil happy, we might as well make every qabiil angry.

reer

VIP
That's what happened. He got contested by Moguol (Mahdi) and lost his presidency.

#FairGame
no calaacal. aidid went from dominating the south to ali naafto and aidid with snf in the time span of less than a year. politics is ruthless. those 2 pillaged their own clans and tormented them. abdullahi yusuf and snm did not do that.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@reer is a bit wiser then @TekNiKo. Abdillahi Yusuf brought together Puntites as far as Erigavo to Buhoodle to Mudug, Nugaal, Bari under 1 administration so we stop living like animals in a stateless vaccuum.

The old man 'yey' also left behind the federal government for Mogadishu where he had to bribe so many moryans like ali mahdi who even admitted he took 100k from 'yey' and invested into hormuud. I think the whole investment group of hormuud started with abdillahi yusuf bribe money, they didn't exist before he came. What makes matters worse is this was all funded by bosaso port money at the time.

What the hell did Aideed do for his ppl? he left them off in a worse place, destroyed the capital, and warred with every clan in Somalia and then warred with themselves. What did that silly cayr dog do 'abdiqasim salat' he spent 4 years keeping the government in hotels when his own clan told him that he isn't welcome in mogadishu and his govt is the one that came up with the 4.5 powersharing crap.

No HG left behind a state for somalia and the reason is simple, xitaa dadkooda bay wax tarin up untill today, GM is unstable, HS is a mess. Mogadishu was saved by 'YEY' or it wud be a damn jungle

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Let's also add the HG left us 1 legacy beyond the 'destruction' of the capital and their own 'self destruction' which still stands till today. PPL forget they also left us behind the 4.5 power-sharing system, this was done in 'carta jabuti' under the Abdiqasim Salat government. It boosted Hawiye/Dir with 120 seats. They made Rahanwayn who lives in burhakaba n baydhabo have the same quota as Darod wayne.

What's even shocking is how the clans share power inside their 61 portion. Lelkase got 5 seats, while maxamud saleban got 6 seats or marehan has 14 seats and mj n ogaden have 12 seats.

Murusade has 9 seats while abgaal has 12. Does this shit add up? how does murusade who lives in elbur n daynile have the same quota as abgaal? This is the great legacy left behind by Abdiqasim govt, infact he left behind nothing else and it's horrendous.

no calaacal. aidid went from dominating the south to ali naafto and aidid with snf in the time span of less than a year. politics is ruthless. those 2 pillaged their own clans and tormented them. abdullahi yusuf and snm did not do that.

They did actually. SNM has broken down into tribal regiments for each sub clan and went on a 3 year war, SSDF also split between AY wing & Bashir/Cadde wings who also went to war with one another.

But all that does not justify Barre's supposed legitimacy. He come through a coupe & got booted through a coup. Fair Game.

Or did you mean the next Hawiye president should have fixed the far reaching calamities stirred by Barre? While you might be right but Barre himself didn't have yo fix anything when he came to power, it was white bloodless coup. Keep that in mind when you guys criticize Mahdi or Caydiid.

Jungle

VIP
Ali Mahdi wasnt a warlord. He defended his people. He shouldnt be put in the same category as caydiid at the very least. If we got rolled over in that 4 month war by caydiid, other hawiye dabadhilif and we wouldnt be in mogadishu. We owe everything to Ali Mahdi aun. We'll have a monument for him very soon until then people can look at tallest building in xamar :rejoice:

reer

VIP
They did actually. SNM has broken down into tribal regiments for each sub clan and went on a 3 year war, SSDF also split between AY wing & Bashir/Cadde wings who also went to war with one another.

But all that does not justify Barre's supposed legitimacy. He come through a coupe & got booted through a coup. Fair Game.

Or did you mean the next Hawiye president should have fixed the far reaching calamities stirred by Barre? While you might be right but Barre himself didn't have yo fix anything when he came to power, it was white bloodless coup. Keep that in mind when you guys criticize Mahdi or Caydiid.
this discussion has no end your demographic burningly passionately hate siad barre. and my demographic staunchly defend him.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Periplus This is how I wud share power in Somalia by putting clans into categories and allocate Seats that way.

Category A clans
Majerten, Abgaal and 'assign equal portion'

Category B Clans
HG, OG, MX, Dhulbahante, Isaaq, Rahanwayn and then assign 'equal portion'

Category C Clans
Leelkase, Warsangeli, Murusade, Hawadle, Dashishe,

Category D Clans
The rest of the Dir clans, sheikhaal, arab salax, banadiri

I wish DR Osman sat Somalis down and said this is the reality power-base of Somalia and power will be shared this way. Not this 4.5 nonsense

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus This is how I wud share power in Somalia by putting clans into categories and allocate Seats that way.

Category A clans
Majerten, Abgaal and 'assign equal portion'

Category B Clans
HG, OG, MX, Dhulbahante, Isaaq, Rahanwayn and then assign 'equal portion'

Category C Clans
Leelkase, Warsangeli, Murusade, Hawadle, Dashishe,

Category D Clans
The rest of the Dir clans, sheikhaal, arab salax, banadiri

I wish DR Osman sat Somalis down and said this is the reality power-base of Somalia and power will be shared this way. Not this 4.5 nonsense

Personally, I would make a rule stating that no clan can hold both a state presidency and the federal presidency at the same time.

A clan that has a state presidency can also not hold VP, Speaker or Defence/FM positions.

If a clan wants to have an individual run for FGS president then their man in state presidency should resign.

This will make sure there is no bias towards a particular state and also make sure minorities get their share.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Personally, I would make a rule stating that no clan can hold both a state presidency and the federal presidency at the same time.

A clan that has a state presidency can also not hold VP, Speaker or Defence/FM positions.

If a clan wants to have an individual run for FGS president then their man in state presidency should resign.

This will make sure there is no bias towards a particular state and also make sure minorities get their share.

I want that sort of style of power-sharing, it wud keep opposition people down in regional governments. For example If Abgal is President of Somalia, Hawadle must be Hirshabelle president or vice versa.

If HG is president of GM and OG is president of JL, then it's only fair prime minister or president of somalia goes to Marehan.

In PL if MJ is president, Dhulbahante n Warsangeli shud also be able to hold the highest office and compete with Marehan for presidency n pm since they are not president in PL. I advocated for this type of power-sharing a long time ago.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Periplus to cut a long story short. All clans not in power at the regional level should get immediate preference and let them only compete for SFG roles.

For example. Hawadle/Murusade/Marehan/Dhulbahante/Warsangeli let clans from this base 'eat' at the SFG level and compete for the presidency/pm/foreign/ affairs/defence/security/finance/speaker/general/chief of police/Nisa

One other stipulation to the rule should be 'they must have proven govt experience' at the local district or regions, no more NGO cunts like kheyre-rooble-hsm or sunday school teachers like sharif.

PPL like 'finish' will get promoted who is working hard at the local level and will have better understanding of governance. Same goes for all clans working at the regional level, and then we select the president based on who was the most competent in his position at regional or local levels. It will be far more competitive on experience now not bribes.

Imagine the garowe mayor and mogadishu mayor or ppl of that calibre and proven performance ran for presidency, it would be a better field of candidates who can prove what they did rather then give empty campaign promises.

Last edited:
this discussion has no end your demographic burningly passionately hate siad barre. and my demographic staunchly defend him.

The end was clear. You tried to rationalize Siad Barre's tyrannical rule as "fair game" well Mahdi played the same game.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

:manny: