BREAKING: China is calling for an end of the arms embargo imposed on Somalia!

Point taken on the term tribal, clan is a more accurate term for Somali qabiils.

re: arms embargo - What on earth are you talking about? The UN arms embargo was placed on Somalia in 1992, as a result of the civil war and humanitarian crisis. The very same conflict that till today is not resolved in many parts of the country, evidenced by the fact that the Somalia government is unable to control anything beyond a 4km radius.

I don't overestimate the power of Al Shabaab one bit. The fact that they can control and tax significant parts of Somalia is evidence of their power, let alone the countless bombings they carry out to this day. The evidence for the threat and danger that Al Shabaab holds in Somalia is countless.

The success of Somaliland in eradicating the presence of any terrorists in the lands it controls, following the 2002 terrorist murders of the English teachers, using only ancient weapons that it took from the Faqqash, should tell you that restoring peace and stability has zero to do with military might.
The United States Arms embargo (which is more popular than a UN arms Embargo) was placed in the early 70s, Somalis was getting weapons used from the 60's from the USSR. It wasn't anything impressive but we still managed to defeat Ethiopia. The Somali government might be unable to control vast areas but you all still have to come under the FGS when it comes to any affairs, the international community sees the Government in Xamar as legitimate. Either way despite the current UN Arms embargo still hasn't stopped weapons from flooding into Somalia, everywhere from Iran to China sends weapons here.

You are overestimating them, Al Shabaab is more of a business rather a terrorist organization, they do commit egregious acts of terror but they are calculated in what they do. They make revenue, have employees and make deals, the work in and out of local "governments" and with foreign governments; such as Kenya in which they've been able to make a deal with to monopolize the charcoal industry by working directly with the KDF. To beat Al Shabaab all you need is other viable options for young men who want to help their families from starving. To beat them you have to target them finically.

As for what you said about SL. SL didn't "eradicate" (in the literal sense) the presence of any terrorists, I'm sure there are terrorists roaming in Hargeisa as we speak, a lot of the top guys in Al Shabaab are from Woqooyi Galbeed. I'm sure some Al Shabaab funding comes from there, after all Al Shabaab causing chaos in the rest of Somalia is beneficial for SL.

Also a little tip, using the word "Faqqash" for anything relating to the old non-existent dead government of the past is silly. If you are going to call abandoned military equipment Faqqash.. are you going to call that Port of Berbera the Faqqash port? Or the MAS hospital the Faqqash hospital? Maybe you should start calling the Somali script made by the old government the Faqqash script

Based

VIP
China China China we are China
trump hugging flag GIF by Saturday Night Live

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
That is not a good thing right now. I fully against lifiting this arm embargo, I can remember one year ago who " Badbaado Qaran"s were popping up here and there and they were mostly SNA units.

Remember the Ahlu sunna? These kind of militia out side of FGS control is one of the reasons why Somalia should not get any advanced weapons.

Somalia needs to establish its power over all states excluding SL and maybe PL as well to start lifting the embargo.

Otherwise, what stopping SNA units from selling new weapons to their clans, AS or to the black market.

The other thing is that, the foreign interference. What gonna stop countries like ETH or UAE from arming their own militia or backed governors to advance their interests.

The United States Arms embargo (which is more popular than a UN arms Embargo) was placed in the early 70s, Somalis was getting weapons used from the 60's from the USSR. It wasn't anything impressive but we still managed to defeat Ethiopia. The Somali government might be unable to control vast areas but you all still have to come under the FGS when it comes to any affairs, the international community sees the Government in Xamar as legitimate. Either way despite the current UN Arms embargo still hasn't stopped weapons from flooding into Somalia, everywhere from Iran to China sends weapons here.
You don't what the hell you are talking about. The arms embargo that is enforced in Somalia has nothing to do with some ancient US embargo from the 70s. The arms embargo that impact affects Somalia today is the UN 1992 arms embargo.
You are overestimating them, Al Shabaab is more of a business rather a terrorist organization, they do commit egregious acts of terror but they are calculated in what they do. They make revenue, have employees and make deals, the work in and out of local "governments" and with foreign governments; such as Kenya in which they've been able to make a deal with to monopolize the charcoal industry by working directly with the KDF. To beat Al Shabaab all you need is other viable options for young men who want to help their families from starving. To beat them you have to target them finically.
You literally made my point and contradicted yourself at the same time. My point was they are very powerful and you aren't going to beat them with more/better military. That is literally what you repeated before.
As for what you said about SL. SL didn't "eradicate" (in the literal sense) the presence of any terrorists, I'm sure there are terrorists roaming in Hargeisa as we speak, a lot of the top guys in Al Shabaab are from Woqooyi Galbeed. I'm sure some Al Shabaab funding comes from there, after all Al Shabaab causing chaos in the rest of Somalia is beneficial for SL.
SL did eradicate terrorism from the lands it controls. Your point that there could be terrorists roaming in SL is utterly stupid. There could be terrorists literally roaming the White House, but unless they are identified as such or commit terrorist acts how does anyone know? Anyone identified as a terrorist in SL is locked up or shot and there have been no terrorist attacks in SL now for 20 years. SL has eradicated terrorism from its lands.
You are just speculating and talking from your backside. There is zero evidence that SL funds any terrorism. All you have are silly Wanlawayn conspiracies. Yes, there are terrorists who are originally from SL, but studies show that the vast majority of Al Shabaab/ISIL are from Somalia. Al Shabaab murdering thousands of innocent Somalis is not seen by anyone in SL as being good for SL. Again just dumb wanlawayn talking points, no-one in SL has ever said that.
Also a little tip, using the word "Faqqash" for anything relating to the old non-existent dead government of the past is silly. If you are going to call abandoned military equipment Faqqash.. are you going to call that Port of Berbera the Faqqash port? Or the MAS hospital the Faqqash hospital? Maybe you should start calling the Somali script made by the old government the Faqqash script

I wonder why you are getting sensitive about the word Faqqash, when it was accurately used? only one logical conclusion comes to mind. The Port of Berbera had zero to do with the Faqqash. The Faqqash were the army sent by Afweyne to exterminate the Isaaq population in the 1980's. What does that Faqqash army have to do with the port of Berbera that was built long before that? My reference to SL today having weapons taken from that Faqqash army in the 1908s is 100% fact based. As usual you don't know WTF you are talking about. I sense the Faqqash sympathies maybe hit a little close to home, which is why you are getting all sensitive about the word and making non-sensical points that have no basis in fact.

Last edited:

Trending