BREAKING: China is calling for an end of the arms embargo imposed on Somalia!

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Interesting, good to see our Taiwan position is baring fruit. Somaliland gained a partnership with America (renting out Berbera base to US Africom) but it’s also made an enemy of China. I think if we play this right we’ve come off better.

I personally believe this will just provide China with the context it needs in the global stage to infiltrate Somalia. If no other country is interested in arming Somalia anyway, then China stands to gain. But Somalia has to be careful, as the Chinese never do anything for nothing, even if something costs nothing.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I personally believe this will just provide China with the context it needs in the global stage to infiltrate Somalia. If no other country is interested in arming Somalia anyway, then China stands to gain. But Somalia had to be careful, as the Chinese never do anything for nothing, even if something costs nothing.
America is very much interested in Somalia. Hence their return after Trump pulled out and also the fact they have single-handedly built the FGS since 2000s. They’ve also committed to keeping the oil blocks of ours they own

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
We arent losing this war because we have inferior weapons to AS.

Nobody in their right mind will give advanced weapons to the fragmented corrupt SNA.

World

VIP
This has always been their position publicly, they along with Russia abstained from the last vote. The countries that are extremely against it being lifted is France(European Union) and the UK, not even the US.

bidenkulaha

GalYare

HSM should focus on these. With America, China supporting arms embargo being lifted and ATMIS term ending in 2024, the UN will have no choice but to lift it

The federal government must have a total monopoly on the use of armed force and unless all regional states disarm and integrate their state forces into the national military it will be futile to lift the arms embargo

Abaq

VIP
The arms embargo should remain in place while HAG control the control. If a confederal system is adopted with each state having its own forces, then I would support lifting it. But never in a million years while HAG is hellbent on destruction and invasion.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
The arms embargo should remain in place while HAG control the control. If a confederal system is adopted with each state having its own forces, then I would support lifting it. But never in a million years while HAG is hellbent on destruction and invasion.
Damn I thought our part time Federalist (GM+Banadir+HS) part time Centralist would fool y’all. Better try harder I guess :francis:

Abaq

VIP
Damn I thought our part time Federalist (GM+Banadir+HS) part time Centralist would feel y’all. Better try harder I guess :francis:
I don't trust HAG and never will. The sooner we Balkanize the better. We need to build a wall along the Jubba, even the river is not enough.

This would be unbelievably disastrous for Somalia, were it to ever happen. Any new weapons wouldn't stay in the hands of the SNA very long. They'd end up in the hands of the terrorists or in the hands of tribal militias. The current unsafe situation in Somalia dotted with incidences of violence, would descend into an unmitigated disaster of constant violence.

Somalia needs to first restore safety and peace to the areas that are currently beset by violence, tribal wars and terrorism.

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
Hell nah man. Banaadir police get into shootouts with SNA on a daily basis. Imagine if these monkeys had drones, attack helicopters, and real artilleries on their hands. :lolbron:

This would be unbelievably disastrous for Somalia, were it to ever happen. Any new weapons wouldn't stay in the hands of the SNA very long. They'd end up in the hands of the terrorists or in the hands of tribal militias. The current unsafe situation in Somalia dotted with incidences of violence, would descend into an unmitigated disaster of constant violence.

Somalia needs to first restore safety and peace to the areas that are currently beset by violence, tribal wars and terrorism.
First of all, please stop using the term "tribal" this implies that different ethnic groups are fighting each other. Use clan(/s)

Second, the Arms Embargo was placed on Somalia since the early 70's due to our support of and Aid of North Vietnam. Somalia and the SNA having better weapons, better trained soldiers and better pay will largely benefit all of Somalia. You are overestimating the power Al-Shabab has, and implying Somalis is incapable of defending themselves. The best way to ensure and restore peace and stability is through a strong military that has no foreign entity or backing.

First of all, please stop using the term "tribal" this implies that different ethnic groups are fighting each other. Use clan(/s)

Second, the Arms Embargo was placed on Somalia since the early 70's due to our support of and Aid of North Vietnam. Somalia and the SNA having better weapons, better trained soldiers and better pay will largely benefit all of Somalia. You are overestimating the power Al-Shabab has, and implying Somalis is incapable of defending themselves. The best way to ensure and restore peace and stability is through a strong military that has no foreign entity or backing.
Did you not know somaliyee is the most diverse ethnic group in the world the horn truly is a melting pot

1655584694349.png

Point taken on the term tribal, clan is a more accurate term for Somali qabiils.

re: arms embargo - What on earth are you talking about? The UN arms embargo was placed on Somalia in 1992, as a result of the civil war and humanitarian crisis. The very same conflict that till today is not resolved in many parts of the country, evidenced by the fact that the Somalia government is unable to control anything beyond a 4km radius.

I don't overestimate the power of Al Shabaab one bit. The fact that they can control and tax significant parts of Somalia is evidence of their power, let alone the countless bombings they carry out to this day. The evidence for the threat and danger that Al Shabaab holds in Somalia is countless.

The success of Somaliland in eradicating the presence of any terrorists in the lands it controls, following the 2002 terrorist murders of the English teachers, using only ancient weapons that it took from the Faqqash, should tell you that restoring peace and stability has zero to do with military might.

Somalis are not mature enough for the embargo to be lifted. The arms embargo being lifted is a dream come true for clan militias, corrupt politicians and terrorist al-shabab who will find ways to obtain weapons since Somalia is unstable.

Since Somalia is a tribal zoo, they would most likely be killing each other with more powerful weapons and death numbers from these satanic conflicts is going to significantly increase. Somalia would most likely be further destabilized.

Trending