Black Youtubers discuss Somali racial identity issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Who exactly are they? And I don't think you could really argue an African-American has more culture than a Somali, they don't even know who they really are mate. I would much rather be Somali regardless of meaningless history nobody even knows about. And when did he say slavery makes you black? He never, but the association will always be there. Alhamdillulah I'm Somali.

We’re talking about the African diaspora here, not specifically African-Americans. Why do Somalis have issues with ‘black people’ everywhere they go?

Last edited:
I understand where you coming from, but to white people we are just black, most black people would tell me I am not black right way but my mom is dhuxul while my dad is light skin, that doesn't make me a Arab or any others race, I am black as it gets and also most Somalis are 85% are dark skin, there is no need for us to claim and start a new race, we are black and we should stop this identity crisis and be proud of it.
What identity crisis? Black isn't an identity but a label the white man forced upon us. And even he disputes at times whether we should be included in the category. Why care?

We’re talking about the African diaspora here, not specially African-Americans. Why do Somalis have issues with ‘black people’ everywhere they go?
I don't have issues with black people, I don't mean to sound like a white person but I have many black friends and am not a racist. Why would I be? I genuinely just don't believe we are Black, does that make me a racist? And trust me, I have family who people don't even think are black, I'm probably the 'blackest-looking' of them all.

Duchess

VIP
Because we are not the same race and we dislike eachother.

Why don’t Somali people have issues with the Indian community then? Or the Arab community? What have black people done to Somalis for this tension to exist? Hint: they’ve done nothing. Go on any social media app and you will find Somalis antagonizing people for no reason at all. You may think it doesn’t mean anything now but in 5 or 10 years all that negativity will result in real world issues.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
What identity crisis? Black isn't an identity but a label the white man forced upon us. And even he disputes at times whether we should be included in the category. Why care?

So what do you think the dark skin Somalis would claim to be? I mean if the light skin Somalis claim to whatever race they want to, what would the rest of dark skin Somalis claim? :cosbyhmm:

Duchess

VIP
Fam I've tried and you won't get anywhere with these inferiority complex ridden fools :ftw9nwa:

I don’t expect them to accept they’re black but we need to get them to stop antagonizing people online. This troll culture isn’t funny and it’s doing real harm to our community.

Why don’t Somali people have issues with the Indian community then? Or the Arab community? What have black people done to Somalis for this tension to exist? Hint: they’ve done nothing. Go on any social media app and you will find Somalis antagonizing people for no reason at all. You may think it doesn’t mean anything now but in 5 or 10 years all that negativity will result in real world issues.
I’m pretty sure that Somalis have problems with Arabs since there are threads about Arabs everyday on Somali forums and Somalis cant decide if they love them or hate them.
I don’t care about what Somali trolls do online. I don’t hate or antagonize anyone. But I don’t consider myself black.

They start most of the fights, this widely known and acknowledged, even amongst themselves. I've seen countless videos of Somali being discriminated against by lowly scum. Don't lie to my face and call me a liar, turning all this around and blaming us for all of it. Islamophobia is quite common as well. Many times I've seen and heard of incidents where a black female would pull of the hijab of a Somali sister.

Duchess

VIP
I’m pretty sure that Somalis have problems with Arabs since there are threads about Arabs everyday on Somali forums and Somalis cant decide if they live them or hate them.
I don’t care about what Somali trolls do online. I don’t hate or antagonize anyone. But I don’t consider myself black.

There is no tension between the Arab and Somali communities.:comeon:

You should care what these trolls do online because it will eventually impact your life.

VIP
I don’t expect them to accept they’re black but we need to get them to stop antagonizing people online. This troll culture isn’t funny and it’s doing real harm to our community.

The worst part is I don't want to diss my somali people but what gave them the audacity to claim superiority? They rinse the same slavery and gorilla jokes they're so low on ammunition

I'm just glad I have backup and no longer need to do the heavy lifting around here :mjlaugh:

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Good question. There is variance in every community.

What race would you categorize these people right in front of you? let me remind you these are Somali kids who were born in Seattle, Washington, you be the judge.

65059bf842a66cd562747c9fdc8dc613.jpeg

There is no tension between the Arab and Somali communities.:comeon:

You should care what these trolls do online because it will eventually impact your life.
There is no tension between Arabs and Somalis? Are you serious? Just scroll through Muslim twitter and you’ll see otherwise.
And what impact will they have? I really could not care about what some random anonymous accounts online say. That has 0 impact on my daily life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending