Beled Xawo BANS lavish weddings in order to stop youth from migrating and encourage them to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
i was gonna go qardho this year but my gramps advised against it .We have a huge family back home on my dad's side and because there was drought they would all beg us for money and shit
True but I have no other time tbh I'm starting my new job soon it will be difficult to obtain annual leave.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
I will tell you about my first experience in somalia

The culture shock will be huge during the first couple of days or weeks. Also go to Al-macruuf supermarket for Western items (food, chocolate, drinks etc.), they're a supermarket chain in PL. $1 for RedBull and $1.50 for Hersheys was the best wallahi.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The culture shock will be huge during the first couple of days or weeks. Also go to Al-macruuf supermarket for Western items (food, chocolate, drinks etc.), they're a supermarket chain in PL. $1 for RedBull and $1.50 for Hersheys was the best wallahi.
Really I aways thought western products were not available there, how is the shopping experience ? I love to go sight seeing as well. I'm gonna visit the local hospital, as a formal nurse I would like to see how the hospital operates.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
True but I have no other time tbh I'm starting my new job soon it will be difficult to obtain annual leave.
the employment life feels like a trap.I always shudder at the thought of working 5-9 till your 60s in my eyes it's like you are robbed of your whole life.My goal is to reach financial independence by 35.
Take advantage of your life as an unemployed person,go somalia and salvage the time you spend with friends and family

TheLibertarianQuiche

Really I aways thought western products were not available there, how is the shopping experience ? I love to go sight seeing as well. I'm gonna visit the local hospital, as a formal nurse I would like to see how the hospital operates.

Don't go to the public hospitals, not even the poor want to go there.

As for western products the only thing that bummed me out was sliced bread and cheese. You can find anything in the west at the supermarkets really: adidas clothing and deodorant, Soft drinks, Nutella, Kelloggs cereals (and Wetabix), chocolates (Mars, Hersheys, Snickers) and Oreos. You can also buy iPhone's and Samsungs and stuff there.

The supermarkets are made for the diaspora market.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
try to blend it would be preferred to wear a jilbaab ,a normal hijab screams qurbo joog

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Don't go to the public hospitals, not even the poor want to go there.

As for western products the only thing that bummed me out was sliced bread and cheese. You can find anything in the west at the supermarkets really: adidas clothing and deodorant, Soft drinks, Nutella, Kelloggs cereals (and Wetabix), chocolates (Mars, Hersheys, Snickers) and Oreos. You can also buy iPhone's and Samsungs and stuff there.

The supermarkets are made for the diaspora market.
Why can I not visit the local hospital and assess how badly it's run compared to its western counterpart ? As a nurse I want to speak to the staff get their experiences working as a nurse or a medical professional in puntland. It will be an eye opener ro experience the barriers faced when giving care to patients whom often have no money.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
try to blend it would be preferred to wear a jilbaab ,a normal hijab screams qurbo joog
I'm not a fan of jilbaab I wear with what I'm comfortable with. A wrap around hijab I've already got outfits to wear but their to flashy. I might just wear dirac or something.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I'm not a fan of jilbaab I wear with what I'm comfortable with. A wrap around hijab I've already got outfits to wear but their to flashy. I might just wear dirac or something.
:drakelaugh::drakelaugh::drakelaugh:That's what they all say.When my sister went back home she said that at first she was wearing a normal hijab in the streets.After a couple of days she strated to feel out of place because even the hoes of the area wore jilbaab.she went to the harqaan and told them to fashion her the best jilbaab :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:.
Peer pressure is powerful

TheLibertarianQuiche

Why can I not visit the local hospital and assess how badly it's run compared to its western counterpart ? As a nurse I want to speak to the staff get their experiences working as a nurse or a medical professional in puntland. It will be an eye opener ro experience the barriers faced when giving care to patients whom often have no money.

Most people go to private hospitals: They're affordable by Somali standards and they waive costs for poor people.

Nurses and doctors go to public hospitals because its easy to get a job there then move to private hospitals where they get guaranteed income.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
How has Garowe changel? I was there in 2013 and it was boring as f*ck. The place was small.

I heard the town has gotten a lot bigger.

TheLibertarianQuiche

:drakelaugh::drakelaugh::drakelaugh:That's what they all say.When my sister went back home she said that at first she was wearing a normal hijab in the streets.After a couple of days she strated to feel out of place because even the hoes of the area wore jilbaab.she went to the harqaan and told them to fashion her the best jilbaab :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:.
Peer pressure is powerful

My sister last over 4 months in hijab but she kept on catching shade 24/7 sxb.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
My sister last over 4 months in hijab but she kept on catching shade 24/7 sxb.
Why is there this need for Jilbaab ? lol hijab still preservs modesty I don't get these women. I don't fall into peer pressure unless they brutally outcast me. Which I doubt will happen I am sociable person.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Why is there this need for Jilbaab ? lol hijab still preservs modesty I don't get these women. I don't fall into peer pressure unless they brutally outcast me. Which I doubt will happen I am sociable person.
it ensures ultimate preservation,normal hijab on the other is kinda iffy

Status
Not open for further replies.