Beled Xawo BANS lavish weddings in order to stop youth from migrating and encourage them to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5973.jpg
The problem is with these pages in IG and FB that promote false image of west, top of their followers are from Somalis in back home. Same followers will lose their lives in seas to reach the European dream.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
Spending limits of $600 (£500) on furnishings for a couple's new home and up to $150 for the bride price had also been set, Mohamud Hayd Osman said.

If I know anything about Somali ladies back home, they're gonna bounce to the next town over for their lavish weddings.

If I know anything about Somali ladies back home, they're gonna bounce to the next town over for their lavish weddings.

LOL. That is true. And they also want to get married to anyone who is promising them a trip to the west. They should just ban Somali immigration and no country should accept any more Somalis.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
LOL. That is true. And they also want to get married to anyone who is promising them a trip to the west. They should just ban Somali immigration and no country should accept any more Somalis.
Perhaps this will encourage them to rebuild their own country, Europe is not my home, however I have no say in critising them it would be highly hypocritical of me to judge when I'm living comfortably here in he west. I would like to one day move back home and build some form of life in somalia. I will always be an outsider here in Europe this is not my home. Most of my family are back in somalia.

Last edited:
Perhaps this will encourage them to rebuild their own country, Europe is not my home, however I have no say in critising them it would be highly hypocritical of me to judge when I'm living comfortably here in he west. I would like to one day move back home and build some form of life in somalia. I will always be an outsider here in Europe this is not my home. Most of my family are back in somalia.

I quoted your edited post and deleted your earlier version to avoid upsetting you little one lol. And I SAID you fit in the west fine. Just marry a dude like you and kiss Somalia good bye :) That will be your best contribution.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
You are fine where you are Et. Marry someone like you in the west and kiss Somalia goodbye.
I cannot kiss goodbye an entire fabric who made me as I am. That would be deserting my entire existence, I am not European therefore I have no desire to call this place my home. The west has given me an ample of opportunity which somalia could never offer me. I am a well established and educated young woman, however I am somali and my country needs my help. Europe is the nanny which has given me independence and strength, but you can never take out my soul as a somali woman.

I cannot kiss goodbye an entire fabric who made me as I am. That would be deserting my entire existence, I am not European therefore I have no desire to call this place my home. The west has given me an ample of opportunity which somalia could never offer me. I am a well established and educated young woman, however I am somali and my country needs my help. Europe is the nanny which has given me independence and strength, but you can never take out my soul as a somali woman.

You make sense. This is impressive. Stay consistent please. Don't confuse us :) This is very impressive.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
You make sense. This is impressive. Stay consistent please. Don't confuse us :) This is very impressive.
I hope to establish a nursing school once I have to knowledge to do so. With a new form of nursing care in line with that in the west. Although I cringe at the uniforms the local hospitals have currently, it must be bare below the elbow and no jilbaab this is strict infection control procedure. One which warrents the safety of all patients the reduction of MRSA and C-Diff is a well established routine here in the west. The same can be said in somalia, their entire concept must be changed. They must be a respected profession as well (not classified as the doctors hand maiden) as they are here in the UK.

Gambar

VIP
Premarital sex is haram as is so instituting birth control probably seems counterintuitive as abstinence is the primary motivation here.
Birth control is not even fool proof, there are medical problems associated with it. They need condoms.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
They don't have birth control out there, if it is it's expensive or it's expired.
It's a shame really I'm an advocate for womens health, birth control would free women to profound freedom. No more worrying about falling pregnant every year, a woman can go out and seek a career in whatever field she would like. It would hide away the shame faced when a young impretionable girl bears a child out of wedlock and out of fear runs away. Couples would enjoy sex instead of fearing another child would be born. Birth control revolutionised women in the west it is time somalia has the chance to experience the freedom of controlling their fertility.

Gambar

VIP
I feel bad because we are all living comfortably in the West and there are people going back with foreigner passports and living large. They make life back home even more expensive. They feel hopeless. If those from the West were to build more institutions such as training programs and give them employment and well paying jobs believe me it would make a big difference.

Gambar

VIP
It's a shame really I'm an advocate for womens health, birth control would free women to profound freedom. No more worrying about falling pregnant every year, a woman can go out and seek a career in whatever field she would like. It would hide away the shame faced when a young impretionable girl bears a child out of wedlock and out of fear runs away. Couples would enjoy sex instead of fearing another child would be born. Birth control revolutionised women in the west it is time somalia has the chance to experience the freedom of controlling their fertility.
It's mostly a mentality. There's so much shame attached to enjoying sex even with your partner.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Birth control is not even fool proof, there are medical problems associated with it. They need condoms.
True it can cuase blood clots and a woman becomes prone to developing breath cancer. It's risky but the numbers are relatively low if you look at the general population. It's blood clots (DVT) or pulmonary embolism I experience more patients with when the contraceptive pill is consumed.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It's mostly a mentality. There's so much shame attached to enjoying sex even with your partner.
It's religion which attached the shame to sex, especially if done out of wedlock. If the couple are married sex then is an integral part of the relationship. It forms the glue to keep the relationship going. Or else why would a young sexually frustrated man marry a woman if sex is such a shame in general society ?

Gambar

VIP
It's religion which attached the shame to sex, especially if done out of wedlock. If the couple are married sex then is an integral part of the relationship. It forms the glue to keep the relationship going. Or else why would a young sexually frustrated man marry a woman if sex is such a shame in general society ?
There is only shame when you are not married which I agree with. The problem is the amount of dowry and the wedding costs that makes it impossible to even get married. It's not even a Somalia problem, it's a Somali problem. A girl in the UK for example will have a lavish wedding only to be divorced within a year and with child. Parents will encourage you to get married but they do not give them the tools to stay married.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
There is only shame when you are not married which I agree with. The problem is the amount of dowry and the wedding costs that makes it impossible to even get married. It's not even a Somalia problem, it's a Somali problem. A girl in the UK for example will have a lavish wedding only to be divorced within a year and with child. Parents will encourage you to get married but they do not give them the tools to stay married.
They divorce due to incompatibility hastened through sexual lust, where western people take atleast 3 years to get to know each other, in the religious community sex is sacred therefore it's much more difficult for a couple to maintain chast for that long. After infatuation and lust is exterminated through the catapulting heat of a few weeks in honeymoon bliss, they find they no longer desire sex as much, thus the lust stage has ended their courtship is now in question. The reality of marriage is starting to kick in. This is the crucial stage when conflict and divorce is a likelihood to arise. Had they gotten to know each other for longer within a few months their flaws would have emerged long ago. And their pain would have ended no divorce no guilt and certainly no waste of financial recourses.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
Weddings are overrated, it'd be better if they put most of their time and efforts in their marriage instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.