Babile Somalis and Oromos make peace in Ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
He is using the SHAHADA card now when the tribe card doesn't work. He uses any excuse to find ways to sneak in and conquer. If he is really a muslim why is his leader a christian and he supports it? see religion is just a game to them, oromo is no 1 in his heart whether it's christian or muslim he don't care. He fools your ass with the shahada but I know what his up too, he is using ways to connect and religion is always one of the mostly used one.

Beesha Isse might be least tribalist clans also one of the most geesi. They can fend off the Galla . Lkn I have no clue about the gurgure. Also I know that Dire Dhabe maamul is split like this - 40/40/20 (40 Oromo, 40 Somali, 20 others like amxaar and gurage) . Oromo is minority in "FinFinne" lkn waxeey aaminsan yihiin in eey leedahay oo yaheey dhul oromo ah, so , dire dhabe somali ha loo daayo.

@Kingcobra has Dire Dhabe ever had an ajanabi mayor?

Mayor position is switched between Oromo and Somali every term to avoid conflict. No one get a second term.

Also, Gurgura and Issa are beefing and competing in DD. Some of these “Oromos” are in fact Gurgura.

Mayor position is switched between Oromo and Somali every term to avoid conflict. No one get a second term.

Also, Gurgura and Issa are beefing and competing in DD. Some of these “Oromos” are in fact Gurgura.
You're Oromo right ?

You believe that Finifinne or Addis Ababa belongs to Oromo, and that Amhara are settlers on your land , right?

That's the case with Dire Dhabe. It belongs to Somalis. Respect it .

You're Oromo right ?

You believe that Finifinne or Addis Ababa belongs to Oromo, and that Amhara are settlers on your land , right?

Who is in control of DD?

Neither Oromo or Somali have full control. As you stated, it’s 40/40/20 rule.

The Oromo of DD have blood ties with Gurgura do to long lasting intermarriages. Regardless they’ve never had issue with one another until this year when things went wrong on border issues. If anyone can claim the city, it is the Gurgura and they should settle this issue. Issa are their brothers, Noole is their inlaw. How are you going to break this relationship?

I’m 5 generation DD, so I can’t sit on the sideline and be told I don’t belong etc to DD because of my ethnicity.

Are you not a citizen of your current western city? Don’t you feel pride as you belong there?

DD regardless of the original inhabitants is now multi ethnic. My moms fam is Somalithat speak both languages. How are you going to split a family up? This is the case there. Many families are mixed.

VIP
You're Oromo right ?

Fam forget diridhabe, they claim harar and are curently trying to bring it under oromo rule. They're historically illiterate and sometimes go as far as claiming the city's history not knowing they were pagans literally yesterday

Who is in control of DD?

The Oromo of DD have blood ties with Gurgura do to long lasting intermarriages. Regardless they’ve never had issue with one another until this year when things went wrong on border issues. If anyone can claim the city, it is the Gurgura and they should settle this issue. Issa are their brothers, Noole is their inlaw. How are you going to break this relationship?

I’m 5 generation DD, so I can’t sit on the sideline and be told I don’t belong etc to DD because of my ethnicity.

Are you not a citizen of your current western city? Don’t you feel pride as you belong there?

DD regardless of the original inhabitants is now multi ethnic. My moms fam is Somalithat speak both languages. How are you going to split a family up? This is the case there. Many families are mixed.
The issue isn't tolerance from the Somalis. It's the oromos who are attacking and claiming Somali towns and trying to drive out Somalis, not the other way around. They are Somalis and it's a Somali town like he said, no need to mention clans.

The issue isn't tolerance from the Somalis. It's the oromos who are attacking and claiming Somali towns and trying to drive out Somalis, not the other way around. They are Somalis and it's a Somali town like he said, no need to mention clans.

I’m not going deny there is fault on the Oromo side because there definitely is/was. But to put the blame on one side is ridiculous. ODO definitely orchestrated conflict but so did Iley with his liyyu forces freely roaming the Oromia side of the border.

I’m not going to come here to blame somlais, because that’s stupid and what politicians do doesn’t represent the ppl.

Let’s leave the conflict alone. The city is what it is today, no Oromo or Somali rule or own it on their end. Not much we can do, just leave it the way it is. 40/40/20 works with everyone besides those that are not from the city itself.

I’m not going deny there is fault on the Oromo side because there definitely is/was. But to put the blame on one side is ridiculous. ODO definitely orchestrated conflict but so did Iley with his liyyu forces freely roaming the Oromia side of the border.

I’m not going to come here to blame somlais, because that’s stupid and what politicians do doesn’t represent the ppl.

Let’s leave the conflict alone. The city is what it is today, no Oromo or Somali rule or own it on their end. Not much we can do, just leave it the way it is. 40/40/20 works with everyone besides those that are not from the city itself.
You seem like a good person. But it's clearly an issue from the oromo side because it isn't happening in just one place. Iley is gone he can't be used as an excuse to land grab and displace people.

Who is in control of DD?

DD belongs to somalis no matter how you put it. Ethiopia is gonna disintegrate soon or later and you guys will get Finfinne back. Keep in mind you are minority there but it belongs to you for historical reasons.

Leave DD to the Somalis .

We know who's stronger in the battlefield.

Lets not take it there.

You seem like a good person. But it's clearly an issue from the oromo side because it isn't happening in just one place. Iley is gone he can't be used as an excuse to land grab and displace people.

I really don’t know how to reply about this. As a Somali you hear and see it one way, as Oromos it’s the opposite. Who’s right whose wrong, who knows. Regardless as to who is at fault, it’s not acceptable and Oromos who know right from wrong must stop the bad apples and vise versa.

And tbh, I haven’t heard of much lately but political issues in DD. Are there still attacks on the Somali side?

Most news we are dealing with as Oromos is a conflict between OLF and ODP.

DD belongs to somalis no matter how you put it. Ethiopia is gonna disintegrate soon or later and you guys will get Finfinne back. Keep in mind you are minority there but it belongs to you for historical reasons.

Leave DD to the Somalis .

We know who's stronger in the battlefield.

Lets not take it there.

It’s unfortunate the ODP who is ruled by people from the opposite side of Oromia orchestrated and destroyed a relationship and alliance we in the east had with Somalis. Now all we see is this is our city, they took over this and this was our and blah blah from both sides.

I seriously don’t care who rules, as long as it’s not habesh I’m fine.

Oromos have no intention or interest to fight with Somalis. There is not need at all.

And besides Noole and Gurgura have agreed to peace and stay as allies like they had in the past.. They won’t fight eachother. And no one has interest fighting Issa because it just opens a pandora box. Peace as all that is needed.

I really don’t know how to reply about this. As a Somali you hear and see it one way, as Oromos it’s the opposite. Who’s right whose wrong, who knows. Regardless as to who is at fault, it’s not acceptable and Oromos who know right from wrong must stop the bad apples and vise versa.

And tbh, I haven’t heard of much lately but political issues in DD. Are there still attacks on the Somali side?

Most news we are dealing with as Oromos is a conflict between OLF and ODP.
It's one sided, it's oromo mobs backed by their state and fed military killing some and displacing thousands. Same thing is happening in Harar as well.

It’s unfortunate the ODP who is ruled by people from the opposite side of Oromia orchestrated and destroyed a relationship and alliance we in the east had with Somalis. Now all we see is this is our city, they took over this and this was our and blah blah from both sides.

I seriously don’t care who rules, as long as it’s not habesh I’m fine.

Oromos have no intention or interest to fight with Somalis. There is not need at all.

And besides Noole and Gurgura have agreed to peace and stay as allies like they had in the past.. They won’t fight eachother. And no one has interest fighting Issa because it just opens a pandora box. Peace as all that is needed.

Out of around 70 members of ODP only 4 are muslim right?

Status
Not open for further replies.