Are you muslim first or Somali first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
Stupid question.

One you can change the other you can't. Go with the one you can't change.

Stupid question.

One you can change the other you can't. Go with the one you can't change.

exactly. One you were simply born into and it wasn't your choice, the other is a conscious decision u make to put Allah swt before everything clearly this comes first. Had Allah willed he could have created us Chinese so why be so proud over something u can't even help and put it over your relationship with your creator

in fact i'll bet no one here would pick somali if we got to choose our ethnicities before we were born :siilaanyolaugh:

What a bizarre response. Somalis existed before modern nation states.

How is your ethnicity contingent on how well a country is doing?

This place triggers me so much.

You will get used to it. I would consider your forays into here success if it doesn't change you for the worse after a while. I keep reminding myself of the millions of Somalis back home and how far removed they are from some of the characters on here.

Don't take it to heart. These are mostly people removed from reality.

I identify as Somali first which is interchangeable with Muslim anyway. When people ask me the same question, they want to know what ethnicity I am and nationality, then religion is next or they can guess if they are informed.

Anything else a Somali says to identify themselves is meaningless. Every Somali is Somali before they are their clan. Some of the people here have it backwards.

Muslim first, always.

As another poster said, your ethnicity won't get you into jannah. Plus being overly ethnocentric makes it easier to discriminate and hate others for being a different ethnic group than you, which is haram.

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
exactly. One you were simply born into and it wasn't your choice, the other is a conscious decision u make to put Allah swt before everything clearly this comes first. Had Allah willed he could have created us Chinese so why be so proud over something u can't even help and put it over your relationship with your creator

in fact i'll bet no one here would pick somali if we got to choose our ethnicities before we were born :siilaanyolaugh:
XglRl.gif

You will get used to it. I would consider your forays into here success if it doesn't change you for the worse after a while. I keep reminding myself of the millions of Somalis back home and how far removed they are from some of the characters on here.

Don't take it to heart. These are mostly people removed from reality.

It wouldn't change what I believe in but I've been rude on here sometimes because of how outrageous some people are.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

I identify as Somali first which is interchangeable with Muslim anyway. When people ask me the same question, they want to know what ethnicity I am and nationality, then religion is next or they can guess if they are informed.

Anything else a Somali says to identify themselves is meaningless. Every Somali is Somali before they are their clan. Some of the people here have it backwards.
:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:

Volcahoooees

Resident of WZKSA, Wahabi-Zionist K. Sh!thole. A
Muslim first,
Somali second
Second-gen Somali American 3rd
Saudi of Somali descent 4rth
Jedawi(a person from Jeddah) 5th
Lesbian 6th
:cool:
(My DM's are open ladies;))

Status